[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Negotiating higher pay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1493077625284.png (310KB, 619x2046px) Image search: [Google]
1493077625284.png
310KB, 619x2046px
So I've been offered a job.
It's a management development program with an extremely large and reputable company.
I'm 22, coming straight out of college. Minimal loans ($7500) and other debt (~$1000)
The issue is, they are offering 40k a year to move about 4 states away and live in a very expensive city.
Should I negotiate for higher pay? Since it's entry level for a development program I feel like I'm not in a position to barter. But moving far away to an expensive city (in a state with a high income tax) means I'll just be scraping by, especially if I can't find a good roommate.
Wat do?
>>
You have no leverage to negotiate. Their rates are likely set firm at entry level. If you ask for higher pay they'll find somebody else. Question is if you can find a higher paying job or not.
>>
>>1996907
Can I at least try to swing a relocation stipend/bonus?
After state taxes, city taxes, and bottom of the barrel rent I'm maybe going to have enough to pay the minimum on my loans.
>>
>>1996907
This guy is likely correct.

However, you should ask for an extra $2,000/yr (5%) and an extra week of vacation added to your balance when you begin.

They'll likely say no to your $2,000 but give you the week. And you never know, they may give you both or the cash instead of vacation.

Just be matter of fact about it. You actually don't have leverage, but on the other hand, they want a happy employee that doesnt feel fucked from day 1.
>>
>>1996922
Thanks m8. This is solid advice.
I'm looking over the benefits and pay with my dad tomorrow, he does a lot of hiring so I'll take his advice too.
>>
How do I negotiate higher wage at mcdonalds? Im at min wage and do a perfect job up-selling and giving friendly customer service.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.