[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Comfy Crypto General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 40

File: da2.jpg (108KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
da2.jpg
108KB, 601x601px
Hey /biz/nessmen, how's it going?

Buy any cool coins recently? Make a nice return? Looking for your next opportunity?

Why don't you come on in and chat for a minute. Maybe you can get some good ideas or give me some.

Want to make your first trade? Read this article:
https://comfycrypto.wordpress.com/2017/04/24/fueling-the-rocket-getting-started-with-crypto/

Hearing a lot about POSW lately? Here's how you can get in on that action:
https://comfycrypto.wordpress.com/2017/04/20/stake-your-claim-poswallet/

Tell me what you're curious about or want to know more about and I'll work on an article about it.

Otherwise, just tell me how you're hanging in there in this crazy world.
>>
File: IMG_0078.png (2KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0078.png
2KB, 400x400px
Post holdings

I have 60,000
>>
>>1987939
Just slowly accumulating XCP
bless me ke so I can buy MEME too
>>
What's the fastest way to get BTC to an exchange?

On day 3 of waiting for Gemini to confirm my shit so I can buy some BTC and send it to Bittrex.

I also thought about maybe sending a couple ETH from my coinbase to my bittrex wallet and converting into BTC to buy with, but ETH is worth more on Coinbase versus Bittrex.

What do anon? Just wanna make some comfy trades.
>>
I have most of my portfolio in POSW and Pepecash.

I loaded up all the way from 4k to 17k on POSW, not bad but not great. POSW I have huge hopes for, almost a guaranteed win, should hit at least a $1 in a few months or so.

Pepecash already gave me big returns, but I'm still holding that bitch cause the game is coming out and when it does - BOOM.

I hold some XBY, purely speculative, big gamble but maybe it will pay off.

Also have some LEPEN/MCRN/FRN for the elections

dats about it for now
>>
>>1987939
I've been following your website for a while, good stuff
Just moved my posw from cryptopia to posw staking. Was a little worried about them running off with the funds but they have a system running that profit a lot for them.

I bought the RLC ICO which was pretty neat.

Also, for any new coiners, my crypto guide is here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzcaH-6EviBkblNGZ05CbFMyOEE/view
>>
>>1987958
>Was a little worried about them running off with the funds but they have a system running that profit a lot for them.

Exactly. It's in their absolute best interest to make the site and coin successful.
>>
>>1987950

Do you have a credit card available? I would sign up on Coinbase and use their credit card payment option.

See here for that process explained more in-depth:

https://comfycrypto.wordpress.com/2017/04/24/fueling-the-rocket-getting-started-with-crypto/

I would otherwise recommend just transferring your ETH from CB to Bittrex. Coinbase's default platform normally shows an inaccurate price, but you can see the "real" price when you go to sell. If the spread isn't crazy (it shouldn't be), I would just transfer the ETH rather than wait for BTC.
>>
>>1987964
>>1987958

I'll definitely agree with this assessment-- for the time being, they have much more to gain by running a legitimate operation rather than taking their money and running.

Thanks for being a reader! Let me know if there's anything you'd like me to cover next otherwise I'll probably do something on masternodes next.
>>
>>1987970
If they're ever stupid enough to pull something, the guy who registered POSW Holdings, LLC. in North Carolina in February is named Colin Blakely. He's 29-30 and earned his PhD from Michigan State.

That way we can find him and beat his ass
>>
File: 1485999577773.png (596KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1485999577773.png
596KB, 800x800px
>>1987970
masternodes is a good topic, I have friends asking me about how to set up a raspberry pi dedicated staking system. Not sure how exactly to set it up, but its a good idea since the pi uses low power and you can tuck it away in the corner of your house.
>>
>>1987980

I actually had a Raspberry Pi that I set up for this very purpose-- I ended up repurposing it into an automatic trading bot instead.

Even small interruptions in service that cause your Pi to go down (power or ISP) can force your masternode to turn off if not remedied immediately. Usually when you bring a masternode online, there's a 3-5 day delay where you won't earn anything and you'll have to repeat this period if your node goes down.

There are remote hosting options that provide greater uptime and security, although depending on the currency you're setting up the MN for and whether or not it has MultiSig, this process can involve trusting 3rd parties with your crypto.

Having said that, for those that feel like they can provide good uptime on a Pi at their home, I would be happy to share how to do that. I had a lot of fun configuring mine regardless!
>>
>>1987980
Could you explain what a masternode does exactly? What is the benefit of having one?
>>
>>1987993

Masternodes turn your computer (or whatever you're hosting it on) into part of the coin's network, increasing dependency and decentralization which aids security of the network as well.

In return for providing that, coins are disbursed to you like they would be a miner who is using computing power. The returns for running a masternode vary but on Proof of Stake currencies like PIVX, they are typically greater than if you would stake the same amount of currency.
>>
>>1987946

That is a mighty fine stash of POSW you have there.

What'd you get in at?
>>
>>1988000
Makes sense, thanks.

>>1988049
I got half of it at $.06, some more at $.11, and more at $.16.
>>
Vote for BitCurrency on POSWallet if you can.
>>
>>1988058

To get a better sense of the rewards, you might want to check this out, it's PIVX's pay-out information: http://178.254.23.111/~pub/DN/DN_Info.html

One thing to note on PIVX is that they have a "see-saw" mechanism that adjusts the pay-out amount between stakers and masternode owners depending on the quantity of each. The more stakers, the more a masternode is worth and vice versa. Additionally on PIVX, masternode owners get to vote on Proposals to change PIVX, which you can see are also listed on that page. I think the community governance aspect of masternodes = 1 vote is pretty cool too!

Very nice moves on POSW. I waited a few days too late to finally put my money in and missed out big time-- I wrote the blog post on POSW before I actually moved my money over!
>>
>>1988064

What are the advantages of BitCurrency?
>>
>>1988075
Thanks for the info anon.

>masternode owners get to vote on Proposals to change PIVX, which you can see are also listed on that page.

I believe POSW will be adopting this same system once masternodes are available in July. It's a great way to do it.

And don't feel too bad, if the hype is to be believed then you're still going to see crazy returns.
>>
File: IMG_4583.jpg (30KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4583.jpg
30KB, 250x250px
>>1987946
I own 0.4% of the bitbean pool on poswallet
>>
>>1988138

That's a lot of beans! How many do you sprout a day?
>>
>>1988138
>almost 1% yesterday
>0,8% today

Fugg
>>
File: IMG_8787.jpg (25KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8787.jpg
25KB, 250x250px
>>1988138
>tfw own .2% of the POSW pool
>>
>>1987939
what wallet should a starter like me use i heard online wallets can get hacked
>>
>>1988195

Coinbase is very secure, you're more likely to have a problem because you gave up your contact information as well.
>>
If you're able to keep your PC on 24/7 you can earn more beans sprouting from your own wallet 40-70% more in my case. Only downside is that you only get paid once you hit 1000 beans sprouted I believe.
>>
BREAKING POSW NEWS

POSW is removing PIVX from their supported currencies due to an expected decline in staking returns from PIVX.

PIVX is one of the only successful PoS coins and probably the biggest name on POSW. It remains to be seen how this will affect the value of POSW but it certainly isn't a positive development for the fledgling exchange.
>>
>>1988259
Good on them for not fucking people with a failing coin
>>
>>1988259

By my estimates, POSW currently has around 119,000 PIVX in its staking pool.

This will represent a withdrawal of roughly $188,000 USD in value from POSW and provide a decent hit to their profits.
>>
>>1988207
Staking on your own wallet is like mining: you only get paid when you find a block.
POSW uses a staking pool, so you get regular payments.
>>
>>1987939
How does it work for taxes?

I live in Italy and I literally can't find info about taxation and cryptocurrencies.
>>
>>1988334
In the US it's taxed as a capital asset.
Could be Italy has no official policy.
>>
>>1988348
I found an article and it's apparently only taxed for firms.

Seems to be free of taxes.
>>
>>1988205
i should not give up contact info???
>>
>>1988361
Nice. I suppose there had to be some upside to being Italian.
>>
>>1988370

No, I meant just don't share your contact information with other parties that you use to sign up for the exchange-- don't use a password you use for other sites and normal account security.
>>
so when do you guys think ETH is gonna moon?
and when will there be a conference?
>>
>>1988429

I think we'll see it remain steady for at least another two weeks, maybe more.

By year end it'll be steady at $80 barring major unforeseen announcements.
>>
Sitting pretty on my LTC stash.
>>
xby
>>
>>1988898

How big is your stash, friendo?
>>
I don't know why, but seeing this thread convinced me to start getting into crypto. I thought it was an interesting idea before, but always had pretty cold feet about the idea.

Jumped right in, bought a (fairly small) amount of Bitcoin that I wouldn't mind losing if it really does go south and am looking into expanding out obviously.
>>
>>1989048

Wow, that's great! Are you set up on an exchange yet or just Coinbase?
>>
>>1989058

Have an account on Coinbase and one on Bittrex (after some issues with logging in - I had to clear my browser out like twice and then it seemed to let me log in fine) and am reading up on navigating around on all that a bit more.

Are there any videos, blogs, etc. that are really worth looking into to help as a jumping-off point? Aside from lurking in threads and shit here, that is.
>>
I'm with this anon on wanting to jump into the market. How did all of you comfy fellows learn about this market? Are there guides online that are recommended? Where can I learn more about the crypto market?
>>
>>1989259
>>1989090

To be honest I've found there isn't a lot of materials out there that are helpful for learning that don't include a healthy dose of misinformation or stuff designed to make you buy something at another's benefit.

That's why I like comfycrypto and hope it keeps growing, it isn't trying to sell you a bill of goods and when it does use a referral, it tells you.

Right now the best advice I can offer you is to invest in coins with solid advantages over others and with active development occurring. So far I've had great success doing this and finding coins like ETH, PIVX, BitBay, and POSW.

Trying to day-trade and time the market is a recipe for failure and technical analysis is not effective.

For most people starting off, I recommend something like the following portfolio diversification. I would always recommend holding a solid base of Ether as the foundation of any long-term portfolio.

ETH: 50%
BitBay: 10%
POSW: 25%
PIVX: 20%
Whatever you want: 5%
>>
>>1989259

This is a pretty good guide to just getting started though.

>>
So Coinbase takes 4% if i want to use a credit card to transfer money so I can get some BTC?

There has to be an easier way to invest in BTC.

WTF senpai.
>>
>>1989352

If you want to use a credit card to get your BTC instantly, yes. If you use a bank account which takes up to 7 business days, then you don't pay that fee.

Other sites will charge even more insane fees if they even let you use a credit card.

4% is high but it's the lowest fee for the most reliable service around.
>>
>>1989325
Thanks a million. Do you have any previous experience in stocks or economics or is this a mostly self-taught trade? How mucb would you recommend my initial investment be?
>>
>>1989376

I personally have always had a big interest in finance, particularly in personal finance and investing to fulfill personal finance goals. This leads me to be more focused on value investing in coins with actual market advantages instead of the latest shitcoin pump and dump scams like Milocoin, LePen Coin, and all the other coins that serve no functional purpose other than hype.

Your initial investment, as with any investment, should be whatever you can afford losing without compromising your own financial security.
>>
>>1989407
Why not include BTC in that recommended portfolio?

Do You not see that as a healthy long term investment anon/
>>
>>1989424

I believe Ether will offer higher returns than BTC over the next two years without a hard-fork scenario for BTC.

With the hard-fork, most certainly Ether is a better bet.

You could switch the ETH for BTC and be just fine, although I think for newbies they'd eventually see ETH price jump and fuck themselves up trying to ride a wave they already missed by holding BTC.
>>
>>1989435
I'm on mobile right now at work so I apologize for asking something I can look up later, but how much is Ether at the moment and what kind of cash-out could I be looking at down the line?
>>
>>1989444

It is currently $50.14 per ETH.

Ethereum has a very high potential but within two years, I could see it trading at around $100 USD as a conservative estimate based upon it's current performance.
>>
>>1989407
Also what the hell is "pumping and dumping" and where can I read more about how cryptocurrencies work in a market?
>>
>>1989453
nah son. If it goes over 100, it'll start getting mined and bought by the chinese, they're always looking for somewhere to put large sums of money, at that point it will quickly climb to near 1k.
>>
>>1989460

Pumping and dumping is when the price of a coin is artificially inflated, especially with low volume coins, and then sold by those who initiated the rapid rise in order to profit while all those who didn't know to sell are stuck with a now worthless or extremely devalued currency-- they're called "bag holders".

Here's a good read on determining the value of these currencies: https://medium.com/@RafeFurst/the-value-of-cryptocurrency-675e7c790979
>>
>>1989435
Ya, hard not jump on it atm considering how low it is compared to BTC. I have only heard the hype about ETH, I need to research it.

Can you tell me the difference between ETC and ETH?
>>
>>1989470

I've always found it best to underpromise and overdeliver-- if he's happy with it being at $100, he'll be ecstatic when it's at $1000.
>>
File: beanercrossingalps.png (874KB, 510x619px) Image search: [Google]
beanercrossingalps.png
874KB, 510x619px
>>1988138
>>1988171
>>1988157
>>1988207
>>1987939
BitBean is the coin for true patricians
>>
>>1989477

It is somewhat complicated and seems kind of silly to all but die-hard cryptocurrency enthusiasts.

Essentially, there was an oversight in the writing of an Ethereum "smart contract", the innovative feature behind ETH that runs automatic and neutrally enforced contracts between parties. The contract in question was the DAO and was an organization that raised $150m in Ether before bad coding allowed a user to extract the entirety of that sum to another DAO they controlled.

This was obviously unintentional and due to the large theft, a large portion of the community supported changing the blockchain and the address the money was moved to in order to take it back.

There was a smaller group of people who believed that they could not support the change as it was done legally within the smart contract, if not in good spirit. They thought it was against the philosophy of Ethereum that offered immutable public smart contracts to go back and change one of these contracts.

This resulted in a schism as the majority of ETH holders supported what is now Ethereum and the minority holders continued to develop Ethereum Classic, essentially the unchanged version of Ethereum's blockchain that never undid the DAO breach.

Today, the differences are mostly in enterprise support and general recognition, a race that Ethereum is winning handily although ETC has also grown in value alongside ETH.
>>
What are your thoughts on steem?
It's hard to imagine another social media platform can succeed in the current market, when even a giant like google can't keep theirs relevant
>>
>>1989502

I don't think Steem will ever enter the mainstream, however plenty of more unconventional social... exchanges exists particularly in technology communities like GitHub and Stack Overflow that function a lot like social networks.

It could find a niche if it manages expectations properly.
>>
>>1989474
Stupid question but can you give me an economics 101 explanation as to who is buying all this stock when it is sold? Considering it is assumed to be reaching or at the ceiling, why would someone buy it unless they had the hope that it was still climbing? Or is that the name of the game, gambling on how high it can get?
>>
>>1989552

Yup, you got it.

At an advanced level of a pump and dump where a single player might be manipulating a small-volume coin that only has 20 BTC worth of transactions in a day, that whale needs to time his sell (or sells) properly so he can sell all of his holdings before people realize what is happening and the buyers disappear.

Unfortunately due to either getting lost in the craze over a skyrocketing coin or having set automatic buys, some people will end up buying at an awful time when the whale has dumped his share and a lot of folks have stopped buying.

That guy is going to have a bad night.
>>
>>1989579
Neat. Thanks for the info, man. What exactly causes the price of something like Ether to grow anyways? Bitcoin grows because of its use in an anonymous market, correct?
>>
>>1989552
Limit orders help a lot with that sort of thing. If the price is up high enough and you don't care about maximizing gains, you can dump everything by filling every open order until you run out of funds.

>>1989600
ETH is up because of hype, but the hype is backed by the fact that it's a kind of low-cost distributed computing platform.
>>
>>1989600
>>1989579

The value of a bitcoin is tied purely to the laws of supply and demand. In other words, the price is determined only by what the market is willing to pay. If more people want to buy bitcoins, then the price will increase. If more people want to sell, the price will decrease.

Bitcoin’s value can be volatile when compared to more established currencies and commodities. This can be attributed to its relatively small market size, and it means that a smaller amount of money can move the Bitcoin price more significantly. This discrepancy will decrease naturally over time as the currency matures and the market size increases.

The same is true to other alternative currencies, albeit their changes are even more drastic due to smaller market sizes.

Some argue that Ether is actually different than Bitcoin in that it is used as "gas" for smart contracts to operate-- as in, those smart contracts I mentioned earlier required some Ether to be "burned" in order to run or keep them running.

This means Ether could be viewed as less of a currency and more as a commodity like oil or fuel. The difference is subtle, but if the Ethereum blockchain is adapted en masse by countries, corporations, and financial institutions it could become a more noticeable difference in function with large amounts of Ether needing to be burned.

Currently the amount of Ether being burned per day to run smart contracts is negligible.
>>
>>1989615
Fascinating. What does a "smart contract" entail?
>>
>>1989632

Smart contracts are computer protocols that facilitate, verify, or enforce the negotiation or performance of a contract, or that make a contractual clause unnecessary. Smart contracts often emulate the logic of contractual clauses. Proponents of smart contracts claim that many kinds of contractual clauses may thus be made partially or fully self-executing, self-enforcing, or both.

Smart contracts aim to provide security superior to traditional contract law and to reduce other transaction costs associated with contracting.

The big picture implications for financial logistics are huge and that is where a lot of the enterprise interest is coming from.
>>
>>1989678
v elegant breakdown
>>
>>1989723

I'm just here to make blog posts and answer questions.
>>
>>1989678
This is close to flying over my head, maybe a better question is why is there a financial unit to a contract? Is the ether market funding these contracts between companies?
>>
>>1989869

Not necessarily, Ether only has to function as gas, not always the financial measurement.
>>
I've added some new tools and resources to the website highlighted here:

https://comfycrypto.wordpress.com/2017/04/25/essential-new-tools-and-resources/

Hope this helps somebody, Comfy Crypto signing off for the night.

Stay cozy friends.
>>
Let me preface this by saying the following:
I AM NOT ENDORSING THIS COIN. DON'T BUY IT IF YOU DON'T WANT IT. I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS COIN.

These are the reddcoin asks on bittrex. Curious. After those monsters are sold, could this take off uncontrollably after a couple dips? I'm seeing a decent gap after about 19 sat. Can any seasoned traders shed some light on this?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-25_00-21-57.png (50KB, 599x542px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-25_00-21-57.png
50KB, 599x542px
>>1989908
forgot pic.
>>
>>1989908
>>1989918

Pretty unlikely. Those are absolutely monster sell-walls, look at the BTC totals and multiply that by $1,260 and think about the sheer $ you'd need to move what is otherwise a dead coin.

However, if those buy walls are being placed on purpose to discourage investors while the coin is scooped up... That's the only scenario for a break out besides a big whale splashing in.

Take a look at the book order chart as well, it's one of the worst I've seen of an actively traded currency.
>>
>>1989678
Can contracts create new contracts? The thought of an endless series of contracts playing the market by itself is hilarious
>>
What are sats? I keep on hearing folks buying at 13 or 19 sats and others complaining they should have bought sooner cuz it's now at 100.
>>
Also, what does the process of "mooning" entail?
>>
>>1990703

A satoshi (often called a sat) is the smallest unit of Bitcoin measured on the blockchain-- it's one hundred millionth of a Bitcoin or .00000001 BTC
>>
>>1990720

"Mooning" generally refers to a currency that will increase in value many times over, usually in a relatively short amount of time. Usually the increase is 3 times or more the current value within a few weeks to count as mooning.
>>
>>1990743
How and when does this usually occur?
>>
File: 1486021758992.jpg (115KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1486021758992.jpg
115KB, 640x640px
Question about trading crypto on general on the various exchanges. How long can i typically expect a transaction to take? i intend to employ a stop loss methodology in designing a day trading bot. But dont really understand the grey area between, if a trade is made based off info now, then the actual exchange happens over a day but the coins value changed, how os all that reflected? Very new to this so no billy plesz
>>
anyone know how to find arbitrage opportunities in altcoins?
>>
what's the likelihood of eth hitting 0.05 again? iwhen will it happen?
>>
Currently holding PIVX, Burst, Strat and XRP. I expect decent gains from XRP and Strat in a couple of months, while Burst is just a fun bet and PIVX could be either a PND or Eth 2.0. In any case i'll try to sell after a pump and get in back later, i believe it has some potential.
>>
>>1990770

It can occur for multiple reasons, some "legitimate" others not. A pump and dump scheme where a whale artificially increases demand by slowly increasing volume for no real reason, or a group of people like BitBean.

It can occur because the coin had very positive news or is starting to get legitimate attention-- like when the Ethereum Enterprise Alliance was announced or when POSW and PIVX started to rise.

>>1990773

On exchanges, once you've found a buyer/seller the transactions are normally instant. Moving from exchange to exchange takes longer.
>>
>>1990889

Some of the spreads can be pretty wild on the exchanges, I normally just take a look at what I can trade between Poloniex and Bittrex where the spreads are a little higher and you see noticeable differences in Ether a lot of the time.

>>1990942

Probably will within 3 weeks with the upcoming Ethereum Enterprise Alliance conference.

>>1990984

I just can't get on board with XRP, but Strat is a good buy especially if you got in before the last two weeks. PIVX is a major holding of mine.
>>
>>1991017
I believe a realistic Ripple market cap to be around 2 billions. The main point agaisnt it is the 37 billion coin of supply.

Strat is very underrated. 60m market cap while it could be easily worth triple that.
>>
File: 1483118267534.png (350KB, 824x684px) Image search: [Google]
1483118267534.png
350KB, 824x684px
>>1987939
What is a good why to secure my ETH?
>>
>>1991147

Download the Mist wallet and transfer your coins there if you plan to keep them in cold storage for awhile.

https://medium.com/@attores/step-by-step-guide-getting-started-with-ethereum-mist-wallet-772a3cc99af4

Here's a great guide to get going with that process, otherwise holding them on Coinbase is probably fine.
>>
>>1991026

I think Strat could reach 3rd highest market cap and agree it's underbought.

Ripple's coin supply is the only iffy thing to me although that matters less if banks are pouring large amounts into it to make up for that.
>>
File: 1435312672645.jpg (8KB, 288x175px) Image search: [Google]
1435312672645.jpg
8KB, 288x175px
buy xrp
>>
File: no candy.jpg (57KB, 640x365px) Image search: [Google]
no candy.jpg
57KB, 640x365px
How fucked am I?

33.31 Eth
305 pivx
700 posw
2800 beans
>>
>>1991676

What matters more is how much you paid for what you're holding rather than what you're holding.

However, your stack looks similar to mine minus the BitBean.
>>
>>1991700
The beans cost me all of a dollar. Pivx is making me worried
>>
>>1991722

PIVX will be fine, don't sweat it. Hold long.
>>
File: 1482965654507.jpg (72KB, 883x960px) Image search: [Google]
1482965654507.jpg
72KB, 883x960px
Where do you exchange these niche coins ? Do you trade it with other anons? Or are there automated exchange sites? I want to buy some pepecash. Sadly blockchain does not have pepecash
>>
>>1991811

Pepecash is only on some less... reputable exchanges. However, I actually think Pepecash is a decent investment.

You just need to find an exchange that carries it-- I think Nova Exchange does.

Coins like PIVX, POSW, and BitBean are more commonly traded on most exchanges with people that aren't anons.

Bittrex is a great starter exchange for some altcoins!
>>
POSW looking poised to break out this week-- I just traded more BTC to scoop up some more cheap POSW on their exchange.

Recommend you all do the same.
>>
BAY charts suggests momentum build for weekly upward movement. Don't undervalue the plans and future of this coin. 50 cents to a $1 are very real. Buy 100k volume and hold. You do the math.

Also SYS and ETC. Alts are on the move especially if/when BTC slides a little. Don't ignore the doubling up factor they can provide. I started with a few hundred ETH six months ago and have recently surpassed my wagecuck salary with crypto trading.
>>
>>1991858
Successful and known public crypto traders do not trade BitBean. It's totally an anon shill job and don't forget it. Profits and gains are real, but keep things in perspective or you will go home empty handed.
>>
>>1992221
>tfw just bought a whopping 300 guantanamo bays
>>
>>1992226

Sorry, just to be clear, I very much hate BitBean but was simply using it an example that they would recognize.

Along with every political shitcoin out there, that is.

>>1992221

I agree on BAY and have had my own stash staking for some time.
>>
File: IMG_2293.png (459KB, 646x469px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2293.png
459KB, 646x469px
>>1987939
New bitbean video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek78mO8DEUg&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>1992404
Absolutely terrible. No idea what this is implying.
>>
File: yay.jpg (81KB, 960x861px) Image search: [Google]
yay.jpg
81KB, 960x861px
>>1992424
aw look everybody it's retarded
>>
>>1992471
>>1992404

No more BitBean smash mouth?
>>
New info up!

https://comfycrypto.wordpress.com/2017/04/26/minting-a-fortune-pow-pos-and-more/
>>
File: 1488421285311.jpg (52KB, 645x617px) Image search: [Google]
1488421285311.jpg
52KB, 645x617px
i understand the how of mining for coins but can't find anything that explains why, what are the equations used for?
>>
>>1993299

Short answer: Nothing. Mining is reimbursing people for providing the proof of work needed to secure Bitcoin transactions against double spends.

Without mining, nothing would stop someone from spending the same Bitcoins more than once. The computing power is not used towards any lasting goal.
>>
File: take-your-beanO.png (8KB, 528x66px) Image search: [Google]
take-your-beanO.png
8KB, 528x66px
a literal fag coin > your '"""""coin""""""

still time to jump into TrumpCoin 2.0, but with double the gainz
>>
>>1993666

Really trash coin m8
>>
File: lmaoatyourlife.png (416KB, 492x471px) Image search: [Google]
lmaoatyourlife.png
416KB, 492x471px
>>1993706
>2 billion in circulation
>>
>>1993711

Circulation means absolutely nothing at all. Ripple has 37 billion coins floating around out there. It lends no inherent value and in fact having that many coins makes it HARDER to increase value.
>>
>>1993716
>this amount of cogdis

Jesus Christ m8, it was all bantz until your last post.
>>
>>1993718

Sorry, it's hard to tell jokers from the believers in those coins. I don't want folks new to crypto to get confused any more than they already are, is all.
>>
Bean and Milo are gonna troll non-coiners on the moon
>>
While it seems to be crypto thing to start a new thread for every single question, I'm going to show my noobishness by actually using the general like a decent human bean:
My questions are threefold:

I. I plan to get into crypto (quite late, I admit) and I'd like to get a sanity check for my plans:
a) buy BTC via bitcoinbon.at or ATM's (I can't legally buy them via my bank account, so I gotta eat those fees)
b) trade with them on Kraken
c) transfer potential wins to my electrum wallet, which gets regular backups with my whole PC onto two HDD's at different places
d) to cash in, either hope that the situation will change in a year or some, or do a (multiple?) weekend trip to the nearest bitcoin ATM in Prague, Bratislava or Lubljana to cash in, assuming I make large neough profits over the longterm

II. Assuming my above strategy to transfer large profits off the exchange and into my local, backed up wallet is sane and safe, how much of a percentage of my savings are a good amount to put into crypto? Currently got around 70k€ laying around in stocks, cash and metals and my instinct says to put some low thousands in cryto.

III.What stuff to buy?
BTC and ETH seems like a safe bet for the long term (especially with BTC in offline storage), and I like the original BTC is gold, LTC is silver approach, though LTC seems to be doing weird stuff, with all the shilling going on.
And speaking of shilling: Did anyone ever backtest all the predictions/promises floating around here? don't have time for it right now, but that sounds like an interesting project for some fun little python scripts. Mine the archive for "moon" and correlate it with the price charts.
>>
How do i but ETH with bitcoin on poloniex?
>>
>>1993887
just put 20k in Ether and 10k in BTC. leave the rest in stock. if things start to go down the drain with stocks, buy more crypto.
>>
>>1993342
thanks man
>>
>>1994286
almost 50% in crypto, with no fast exit possibility and no real, proven use for them? Uhm… No. Also, with ATM's and bitcoinbon being limited to 150 or 300€ per transaction, that takes way too many trips to even buy the stuff.
>>
>>1992724

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k638QNrGxuA
>>
File: 1484224129883.gif (129KB, 530x420px) Image search: [Google]
1484224129883.gif
129KB, 530x420px
I bought some ETH, downloaded the official wallet client, transferred it to my own wallet, backed it up to my external hard drive and deleted the wallet and client off my desktop. Am I doing this right?
>>
>>1994091

Simply go to ETH once your BTC is deposited and make a trade-- if you want to convert it all, just hit "Max" and "Last"
>>
Who /Golem/ here?

I figure it will trail ETH to the moon (proportionally), and the lower cost and volume is nice for us third worlders unable to stock up on mass amounts of ETH.

Any thoughts?
>>
>>1994514

You should probably have two copies of the wallet in case the hard drive becomes corrupted or physically damaged. Keep your second copy in a secure location.
>>
Anyone get a bunch of $1 deposits from coin base while waiting for authentication deposits? Connecting my bank told me it would be amounts under $1, and debit card said over $1, but so far all I've got is ten (10) deposits and withdrawals of $1.

I just want to buy some fucking ether. Is there a slightly more expensive/faster method to buy while I wait?
>>
File: omgdlsghssaghsdigs.jpg (28KB, 490x398px) Image search: [Google]
omgdlsghssaghsdigs.jpg
28KB, 490x398px
>tfw you bought into ETH at 50 cents
>>
>>1994740

Use a credit card, the fee isn't so bad.
>>
>>1994754
pics nigga
>>
>>1989435

I think that any portfolio benefits from diversification among non-correlated (or less-correlated) assets, and there's a strong case to be made that the majority of alts move inverse to BTC, and that holding BTC among promising alts is a better long-term strategy.

That, plus the fact that many alts have run-up insane amounts already this year whereas BTC has really trended more or less sideways for all of 2017 in a wide band with a number of negative sentiment items. As those start to get resolved we should see significant moves that seem to be materializing now.
>>
https://comfycrypto.wordpress.com/2017/04/26/the-masternode-experiment/

I'll be starting a new experiment with masternode operation.

If you've ever been curious about masternodes, CHC is a great coin to check out since it's low cost and low quantity for masternodes means with a minimal investment you can play around with setting one up!

I'll be reporting back with in-depth guides to the process later this evening.
>>
File: yeee.png (16KB, 1226x127px) Image search: [Google]
yeee.png
16KB, 1226x127px
>>1994542
me
>>
I need some help.

Coinbase seems to have "temporarily disabled" my account. I have tried e-mailing them saying I want it back, and this was a week ago. No response.

So I made a new account and upon verifying the new account, it says that I cannot make any deposits or buy anything from them and should contact support to find out why. I have sent 2 emails to support and a form on their website. This was about 5 days ago. Still no response.

I cannot log into Gdax either, on either account. When I try to do that, it loads for about 30 minutes and then says there is an error with Gdax, please contact support. I have contacted their support on this, 2 days ago. No response.

Fuck Coinbase. Does anyone know what I can do?

Or better, does anyone know where I can redeem my BTC for USD with no fees? I normally used Gdax and then an ACH transfer to my bank but I don't know anywhere that offers this service without huge fees besides Coinbase (Kraken has big fees, cex.io has huge fees).

Please help!!
>>
>>1995193

Hm... Did you receive any further notice about why it was disabled? Did you withdraw in a weird pattern?
>>
>>1995301
I did a withdrawl by mistake and told my bank not to let the cash go out. Then I told Coinbase that the withdrawl was by mistake. Well the cash didn't leave my bank but Coinbase disabled my account. That was like 3 weeks ago.

Now I want to use my account again and I can't get back in and their support has stopped answering any e-mails. And the new account I made is automatically disabled from deposits/buying so it's useless.
>>
What are your guy's thoughts on POSW?

I think it's a great idea that has some serious potential. Holding for the long term.
>>
>>1995193
Help!

Anyone?
>>
>>1995391
POSW is a god send.

Hold anon.

You will be rewarded.
>>
Join https://discord.gg/u94WR thank me later!
>>
>>1995391
its a long hold for me. i got in very early so im going to ride it out.
>>
Can you get a tripcode or something? I feel like I'm getting into the crypto thing faster with you posting.
>>
>>1994543
forgot the post number
>>1995808
>>
My brother bought 500k lepens at 25 sats and now it seems to be plummeting.

Should he get out now and switch to FRN or will there be a pump soon?
>>
>>1995193
Can anyone help with this issue?
>>
What do you think of NEM? looks good, but lacks userbase
>>
>>1996011
I was told to buy it here months ago so I did. I sold it though but I regret doing so. It looks extremely stable. It never really did anything for me so I got rid of it.
>>
>>1987958
>Also, for any new coiners, my crypto guide is here:
>https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzcaH-6EviBkblNGZ05CbFMyOEE/view

I just made a first scan of your docs. Very nicely done.
>>
>>1988429
I bout 10 ETH at $17 as a starter stash to try to better understand the blockchain and its potential uses.

desu - I got overwhelmed and then lost interest. just checked it today and it was at $55?!?!

So should I just sell and take my $370 profit or hold it?

Also, I still would like to better understand how a techtard like me can actually use the blockchain for things like accepting rent payment on real estate or automating routine transactions. Any help?
>>
ETC is riding the coat tails buy now
>>
>>1994543
I bought some ETH and its not showing on my wallet. Etherscan says the transaction is ok. What do you think happened?
>>
>>1997044
As someone who freaked like this also, you have to what for wallet to update with the blockchain.

Someone else can probably explain it better, but just chill while the blocks get verified.

You need to keep your wallet open and running as a node while this happens.

But actually I guess I should ask what platform you bought it on and what wallet.
>>
>>1995193
Can someone help with this or not?
>>
>>1997055
I bought from a random dude in a retail marketplace haha, and he sent to my windows wallet. This was 10 days ago.
>>
>>1997064
oh - i have no idea then...
>>
>>1990889

I have an excellent algorithm for finding arbitrage opportunities in a currency market. The only roadblock I have is that trades must be executed quickly to take advantage of the opportunities before they disappear.
>>
>>1996951
I'm holding eth because Alphabay (drugs like new silk road) is going to start accepting ETH soon
>>
>>1995822
I think there's a lot of fake news flying around about her "resigning" when imo it's a formality required by their electoral system.
>>
>>1997128
Post proof faggot
>>
>>1997218
Fuck you. The algorithm is well known. Not my fault you are too stupid to know about it.
>>
Hey man I am a complete noob at this crypto thing,but your wordpress article is really helpful. Do you have other resources for helping noobs?
>>
There's a new coin called goku coin.

You can buy it by getting your hands on meany coin first , but they also require you to buy Ronald coin as well.

Lads, it's going to go through the fucking roof lads
>>
File: 20170427_105149.png (140KB, 2394x1236px) Image search: [Google]
20170427_105149.png
140KB, 2394x1236px
RLC gaining momentum
>>
>>1997128
Did you get the algorithm for free?
>>
>>1997522
>>1987958
>>
>>1997156
french here - she's not required to resign and willingly did it to show that she's dedicated to the election. No one here considered it as a bad move.
>>
>>1997522

What else do you think would be helpful to learn about? I've got a lot of resources up on my site but would be happy to add more, just tell me what would be helpful!
>>
>>1995808

Sure, I can.
>>
>>1998572
comfy da god! love your guides here, you on twitter?
>>
>>1998592

Appreciate the love. I'm not right now, would it be useful if I was? Not sure what the crypto community on there is like.

I'm trying to set up the masternodes for my Masternode Experiment right now so I can look into it more soon.
>>
whats a good combination of coins to hold long term?
Stuff that has real world uses or recognition?
Bitcoin seems to be quite useless, however, know even my mom has heard about it, so I'd guess it's here to stay, so it'll probably always retain some good "value".
Ethereum also seems to have some uses (though I don't really understand them…) and there is a lot of real world support for it, so this also seems like a good choice, though I'm kinda afraid that it is only a prototype for the closed, commercial blockchains to come after it, so it's probably not a "stash and forget till retirement" thing.
And ripple seems to be quite usefull and seems to be used quite a bit (check its wikipedia page), so it seems weird to me that a single coin is essentially worthless, so I'm not sure to what to think about that.

Which coins am I missing?
>>
>>1998712
RLC
>>
>>1998712
>long term
considering they've been around for less than a decade and very volatile since their inception you'd be better off holding land/producing assets/gold imo
>>
Comfy, do you have any guides on chart reading? Understanding buy and sell walls, determining volume, etc. if not, I think it would be a great topic of discussion on your site.
>>
>>1998611
ehhh ymmv on the twitter crypto community but I think its pretty good - would be useful to get the latest updates from comfycrypto blog for sure and any random thoughts you have shorter than a full blogpost
>>
>>1998717
long term as in crypto-long term, vs. the pump and dump daytrading that's so popular with shitcoins.
Like mining some bitcoins when it was still possible on consumer hardware and cashing in a few now.
Still annoyed that I gave up on getting the miner to run back in the days…
>>
>>1998719

Great idea, I'll see what I can put together on reading the charts.

That being said, I'm not a big believer in using them as anything but surface-level barometers. Using technical analysis to forecast future behavior is tough enough in traditional markets but in crypto it's usually only done well in hindsight and you can read whatever you want into them.

But yeah, a guide to how to read the walls (and how people can manipulate those) would be good.

Thanks for the idea!

>>1998728

I'll put it on my to-do list after a few more articles and the masternodes are running.

Just got the first node set up online and am waiting for the CHC deposit to confirm. Fingers crossed!
>>
>>1998712

Right now my favorite long-term hold is Ethereum, but BTC is solid too. I think Ethereum has a higher growth potential %-wise than BTC within the next year or two right now.

I think BTC will continue to grow in value so long as it avoids a contentious fork.
>>
>>1998719
not comfy, but I found this site has some good basic on chart reading
http://en.tradimo.com/learn/technical-analysis/candlesticks/analysis/
>>
I bought 1000 posw. How fucked am i?
>>
>>1998762

I have 10k POSW that I am holding. I bought at .11 cents USD so I'm still profitable.

They should fire their Slack support team, otherwise I think it's solid. Patience is key.
>>
>>1998749
>a guide to how to read the walls (and how people can manipulate those) would be good

Awesome. This is exactly what I meant. Thank you!

>>1998761

Will definitely check this out. Appreciate it!
>>
do you need a credit card to use coinbase or can you use a debit card? any other info regarding this?
>>
>>1998811
debit card worked fine for me
>>
>>1998811

Debit or credit should work.

You just need to make sure that the information on each matches PRECISELY what your bank has on file for your address/other information.
>>
>>1998811
Debit is absolutely fine. It's what I use since I don't have an actual credit card.
>>
I'm thinking about taking 40-50% of my BTC holdings and purchase STRAT with it. Any thoughts on this?
>>
>>1998860

Sounds fine to me, I like Stratis a lot. Too bad their Masternodes cost $165,000 USD.
>>
>>1997963

It cost me about an hour of my time to code it up.
>>
I bought eth from coinbase at 50$ a coin, its still a few days a way before it 'arrives'. Meanwhile ETH goes up about 10$. Are my funds adjusted to reflect this? Will i have less ETH deposited? Or did i actually make money waiting, and itll be 60$ worth if it arrived now?
>>
>>1999254

It's locked in at the price you purchased it at. It does not change, however, Coinbase has been known to cancel orders if the price fluctuates in a way that is not advantageous to them. At least this was the case in their first year or so. At the the time, Bitcoin's price could fluctuate up or down by $100 within minutes/hours and Coinbase would cancel orders if the price increased exponentially from when you initially placed a buy. You should be fine though as I'm sure they've stopped doing this.
>>
>>1999303

Sooo..this a good thing yeh? Assuming they dont cancel orders i may make a little money on the eth?
>>
>>1999303

Correct!

>>1999315

It is a good thing!
>>
You could have dropped $100 on CV2 and become a millionaire overnight.
>>
Guys what's the next x10 coin?
>>
what do you guys think about XBY ? could become big profit or just another scamcoin
>>
>>1999349

chaincoin can reach 0.5 cent
>>
>>1998762

you're good but if you are using poswallet you're fucked, this shit is a disaster
>>
>>1999360
Tbh none of it makes sense and their graphics suck.

I'd rather get some >>1999361
>>
>>1999371
>Not selling your wife to Nigerian slave traders to buy POSW
>>
>>1999331
How often do coins jump in value 100x overnight? Im guessing not very often
>>
>>1999361
>>1999371

I bought 5.5k Chaincoin last night as an initial investment and I'm currently setting up 5 Masternodes using it. I might sell the nodes once they're up and running if there's interest on /biz/ for people who want them without having to set them up, we'll see. Would be cool to start a masternode shared pool on /biz/! Could even do something like POSW for Masternodes?

What do you all think of that?

https://comfycrypto.wordpress.com/2017/04/26/the-masternode-experiment/

Keep an eye on my blog and I'll have very detailed directions on how you can host your masternode online, no need for hardware. Should be coming tonight or tomorrow!
>>
Is POsw dead for now?
>>
Hi very new and have a couple of questions.. I currently have no bitcoin. I have about 10 k to invest and notice that bitcoin has been doing well. Im wondering if i should wait until it takes a shit again or buy now???
>>
>>1999714

I would look at Ethereum over BTC right now, both are reaching all time highs though.
>>
>>1999681
No

Whales are getting the price as low as they can in order to get more dividends tomorrow
>>
>>1999681

It's certainly taking a beating. One could speculate as to the why-- there are huge rises in Ethereum and Bitcoin that people are flocking to (most altcoins are taking hits), people are losing faith in the currency, or people are attempting to manipulate the number of POSW held in order to increase their dividend holdings. Less people holding POSW, the less dividends are being divided.
>>
I'll have ~20k coming in inheritance soon and have been looking for ways to invest it. Is this crypto currency worth it for 20k or just I just dump it in a mutual fund?
>>
>>2000120

Which currency you looking at?
>>
File: photo_2017-04-26_07-22-55.jpg (33KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2017-04-26_07-22-55.jpg
33KB, 640x640px
Renoscoin (RNS) is going for another fucking x10 pump now. DON'T FUCKING MISS IT

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange?market=RNS_BTC#
>>
What a day, huh /biz/?

I hope you all held on tight and kept comfy during the ride. Selling when you're down is only realizing losses.

https://comfycrypto.wordpress.com/2017/04/27/remain-never-nervous/
>>
>>2000138
>currency you looking at?
haven't reallly looked at any yet
>>
File: 2384702389.jpg (655KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2384702389.jpg
655KB, 1920x1080px
>Be me
>Sign up for robinhood in February with 5 k
>mfw PDT Limit, Goys scamming me with pumps and dumps, no 24 hour trading
>mfw a stock is literally forgotten about a day after its mentioned unless its AMD
>mfw im down -$1500
>mfw if I instead put $5000 into ETH, I would have 30 k right now

I have kraken and coinbase set up. Mind helping this no coiner out here become a coiner?
>>
File: 1479208134023.jpg (45KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1479208134023.jpg
45KB, 657x527px
I'm new to this, how do I know which ones to buy and when to buy them?
>>
>>2000499

Skip ahead towards doing the transfer, same process going from Coinbase to Bittrex as Coinbase to Kraken, just find the wallet address for BTC or ETH on Kraken and do the same process.

>>2000581
https://comfycrypto.wordpress.com/2017/04/27/remain-never-nervous/
>>
Quick question, because I haven't really grasped this concept...

I have ETH held in coinbase, at some point I'm going to want to try my hand at trading alt-coins rather than holding ETH forever.
My question is: can I trade ETH directly for alt-coins or do I need to exchange it for BTC and then trade it for alt-coins? What is the best way to do whichever option?
>>
Many thanks to the kind gentleman that created a new Featured Image for my most popular article!
>>
>>2000634

You can transfer your ETH into your ETH wallet in Bittrex. At that point convert it to BTC and then trade for whatever coins you want.

They have some ETH:Other coin trading but not as many options as BTC.

>>
>>2000646
Actually just read that blog post before you posted that. Bookmarked your blog cause it seems pretty neat.
>>
how do I buy bitbeaners. the memes got me curious
>>
File: 1485391167852.jpg (66KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1485391167852.jpg
66KB, 960x720px
>>2000623
So I shouldn't be concerned about purchasing coins at their all-time high?
>>
>>2000682

Not op obviously but: Be very careful there - coins are bound to dip from a high at one point or another even if they climb again later (and even higher!) so don't necessarily jump into things if they're at some record breaking high.
>>
Comfy, you know anything about storing coins on http://stratsafe.me and staking on here? Is this legit?
>>
>>2000742

I personally don't have experience with this site. Is it Stratis specific? If you're only looking to stake 1 currency, it would be best to stake on your own wallet. Is that possible for you to do with a Raspberry Pi you can just leave plugged in or something? It can be a fun little hobby project too!

>>2000719
>>2000682

As long as you don't get trapped in the "wait for the massive dip" mentality and miss out on what was actually a good deal-- I'm less worried about buying established currencies like ETH and STRAT at all time highs, I would be more cautious of purchasing POSW and PIVX currencies at all time highs and instead wait for a drop there of around -20 or -30% below ATH before popping in.

Don't wait around for a dip that won't come if you believe the currency will ultimately be more successful than it is now. At the end of the day it won't matter much if you bought at 1.80 instead 2 if that coin reaches $5.
>>
>>2000665
Save your money.
>>
So what exactly causes the price of coins to go up? Also, is using coin base enough?
>>
>>2001157

I recommend buying your coins on Coinbase and transferring them to another exchange. If you just want to trade BTC/ETH/LTC, you can use GDAX which is Coinbase's easy to use exchange-- even uses the same log-in and connects your wallets.

Don't use Coinbase to do anything besides buy and hold, however.
>>
>>2001157

Here's my guide on moving to another exchange as well:

>>
File: 1452331405417.jpg (29KB, 480x446px) Image search: [Google]
1452331405417.jpg
29KB, 480x446px
Just getting started. Just bought $35 of ETH and $55 of bitcoin. I took $25 of the Bitcoin and traded it into various shittier currencies, mostly PIVX and STRAT but also PINK and XRP.

Now we separate the memecoins from the dreamcoins.
>>
File: IMG_3528.jpg (119KB, 750x1245px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3528.jpg
119KB, 750x1245px
R8 my comfyness plz
>>
Should I set stop-loss orders, or rather, trailing stop loss?
I got into the game late, on kraken, and thanks to the ether mooning, I'm 20% in the money already. Now I'm not really sure about the sustainability of that jump, so I wouldn't mind securing my wins.
But if stuff drops significantly, I'd assume everyone panic sells, so who is buing?
Also, is it worth it to set them for stuff like ETH/XBT? Because I can't do anything with EUR, since, as a Germananon I have no easy way to actually cash out yet.
Or would Ripple be a safe store of value? Seems like this is one of the design principles behind it.
>>
Any news on Pink coin?
>>
>>2001481
6/10 because of ETH
8/10 if you sell ltc for btc
>>
>>1999219
Im trying to learn beginner python programming as a hobby. How difficult was it to code your program? What core concepts do you need?

Also what kind of profits are we looking at? Lets say on a good day, maybe an hour or two finding arbitrage opportunies and executing, how much money are we looking at?
>>
>>2001925
It's piss easy, look at web crawling first.
Take a look at bs4 and urllib modules.
If you aren't confident enough to understand them from the documentation then watch some tutorials or follow some online at least on how to use this stuff in python.
>>
>>2001481

Comfiness 7.5/10

> Can you help me linking my bittrex to bitfolio...

can't seem to get it to work
>wat do
>>
Any reliable places where I can buy/sell in Australia?

I checked out a few like ACX and BTCmarkets but I'm still unsure where I should begin.

Literal no-coiner btw
>>
so what are some good mid-term holds ? What do you guys think about BTS? Chart looks really good imho but i want more opinions
>>
is ETH going to keep rising to 0.06 or will it dip? should I try to sell the tip and buy the dip?
>>
>>2001481

7.5/10. Keep the ETH.

>>2001636

I don't set stop-loss orders because with the currencies being so volatile, rarely do most reputable currencies not eventually rebound. A stop loss is simply realizing a loss.

I would keep ETH over Ripple as a store of value-- even BTC over Ripple.

>>2001983

Chain Coin, PIVX, and POSW are my mid-term holds.

>>2001990

Don't try to time the market unless the sell walls/buy walls are unavoidable. Take a look around landmark prices ($70 USD) and see what the walls look like.

In general though, you're better off not trying to play that game as whales manipulate buy and sell walls all the time. They place big buy/sell orders and cancel them right before they're place in order to motivate the market, so you can still get burned.

Buy, hold, stay comfy, sell once you're happy with the profit.
>>
>>1987939
Crypto fags will never understand the benefit of ETFs investment.

How can fags recovery
>>
Let's say my minimum investment is $50

Is $20 into ETH, $10 into POSW and $10 into Golem a solid bet? I'd be trickling in more as time goes on.
>>
>>2002295
10 into eth 20 into posw 10 golem. Gotta risk it to get the biscuit
>>
>>2002301

I would start off with a riskier portfolio emphasizing POSW and Golem but as you trickle in more and it grows, put more towards ETH.
>>
Thinking about dumping all my shitcoins into ETH and forget about it for a year, is this a good idea or are there any altcoins with enough potential to hold for that long?
>>
When do you guys predict POSW will gain ground again?
>>
>>2002336
I have some bad news for you anon
>>
Is it too late to go all in on ETH? Or should I just keep everything in my boring S&P 500 fund?
>>
>>2002336

I predict a drop after dividends but then a rebound.

>>2002493
>>2002336

I think if you plan to hold for a year+ you should make a good profit.
>>
>>1994542

Im hyped as fuck about Golem, almost tripled my stack in less than 2 weeks with it
>>
>>1995822

Lol, don't buy meme coins unless you just want to gamble. Don't get me wrong its fine to gamble but don't expect to gain as if you bought actual blue chips like eth
>>
>>2002510
>rebound
was mooning all a meme?
>>
>>1996951

Hold, imagine if you had 10 BTC right now
>>
>>2002521
You're making me want to dump all I got into golem, its only a pittance but I like the feel of Golem.

also what's a good way to keep track of all of this via my phone? Coinbase only follows BTC and ETH
>>
Serious question.

Im still holding onto 58k dogecoin that i mined a few years ago. Where can I sell it for a coin with more relevancy?
>>
>>2002526

I believe POSW will be worth $1 eventually, at least. Expecting it to happen in a week is a little too short-sighted, however.
>>
>>2002538

Blockfolio is the go-to app.
>>
File: 1492475691367.jpg (5KB, 322x157px) Image search: [Google]
1492475691367.jpg
5KB, 322x157px
should I sell my GNT for RLC? go from moon to moon before RLC hits polo? will it hit polo?
>>
From the POSW Slack:

Starting in May, we are going to use a new dividend payment calculation based on time held and amount held in address (rather than just amount held at dividend block time). This idea is similar to the Proof-of-Stake-Time coin methods. We will have more information soon!

Really interesting idea. I think it will help stabilize these pump and dumps and stop price manipulation centered around the dividend pay-outs.

What do you all think?
>>
>>2002640
fuck it, not about to sell my GNT

just gonna buy straight RLC
>>
why do you guys like CHC so much ?
>>
File: 1485928214222.jpg (74KB, 1543x1360px) Image search: [Google]
1485928214222.jpg
74KB, 1543x1360px
>>2001952
thanks anon
>>
>>2002764

I like it because it allows me to fuck around with Masternodes for not a lot of money-- like $100 bucks to get enough CHC per node. There appears to be some upside to the coin as they have a good team and it's combination of coin technologies is interesting.
>>
>>2001974

IndependentReseve is Australian based and reputable. Deposit/Withdraw from/to bank transfer/POLI. Low volume though.
>>
>>2002834
pls tell me how to set up a masternode for chc. i can have 6 apparently
>>
Is there any metric or way to tell the volume in which people buy vs the volume in which people sell? Like obviously the volume means there's money in the coin... maybe that's called the price... but sometimes it's difficult to tell which was the volume is trending. I hope this makes sense.
>>
>>2002869
Join the slack, lad. There's a PDF guide + a video and I think someone posted about how to get multiple mns running.
https://chaincoin.herokuapp.com/
>>
File: IMG_4396.png (143KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4396.png
143KB, 750x1334px
Tell me i'll be rich one day /biz/
>>
File: Screenshot_20170429-011450.png (235KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170429-011450.png
235KB, 1080x1920px
Fuck my shit up too
>>
>>2002928

Did you just make your portfolio today? Your currencies didn't increase by a total of 469.63%.

;)

>>2002918
>>2002869

There's no video yet for MN hosting, however there is a guide in PDF form and soon I'll have it up on my website too with a few extra pointers.

I do recommend joining the Slack and the community to help it grow-- and get the PDF you'll need.

>>2002900

Check the "Order Book" or "Depth Chart" to see a chart showing the strength of buy/sell trends. Think of the two sides as waves crashing against each other, whichever side overwhelming the other will determine the direction of price.

I'll write up an article on understanding these charts soon.
>>
>>2002677
I mean, I only got my POSW yesterday so I'm glad this first one isn't time based for my own sake, but the time basis is probably in the best interest of the coin in the long run.
>>
>>2002979
I'm quite sure they just posted a 4-part video on it?
>>
any recommend literature to get into investing and markets?

kinda new too these things, it would be greatly appreciated

I've check the recommend literature /biz/lit/ compilation, but am not sure which one is an good introduction to this topic
>>
File: screenshot_28-04-2017 12.52.19.png (37KB, 359x318px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_28-04-2017 12.52.19.png
37KB, 359x318px
hope my boy RLC gets added to polo
>>
>>2002677
I think that's a really solid idea. It helps anyone who buys in now tremendously.
>>
>>2002928
Holding 61 Eth here too. We will get there mate
>>
>>2003062

I think it's a really positive change-- hopefully it's retroactive for those of us who held for awhile.
>>
Can I use Coinbase in the UK? Or what should I be using otherwise?
>>
File: 1492232237251.png (126KB, 800x769px) Image search: [Google]
1492232237251.png
126KB, 800x769px
coinbase broke $70
>>
>>2003050
How can I link my bittrex to my blockfolio???
>>
>>2003607
Yeah I'm interested in this as well, how do we UK bros get into this crypto shiet
>>
>>2003607
>>2003768

I don't know the 'best' way, but i did the following:
1. Buy BTC with EUR on bitstamp via SEPA.
2. Withdraw the newly purchased BTC to Poloniex.
3. Trade on Polo and get rekt by lag.
>>
Redpill me on crypto.

How do I even begin
>>
>>2003780
Thanks britbong, some questions:
1. Would it better to buy from coinfloor instead? Seems to support GBP payments
2. What exchange do I use to buy ETH with the BTC
3. How do you eventually cash out?
>>
>>2003784
it's basically the stock market without any regulation

if in the USA, use coinbase considering how new you are, you can buy bitcoin or ethereum using a bank acct or credit card

any exchange including coinbase will need to verify identity, not because they are jews, but to comply with anti-money laundering laws

once you buy some coins, you can transfer them to other exchanges and trade to whatever the fuck you want

if you actually want to make money though, you need to keep a close eye on each coin's development team, learn to spot scams, see which has the most potential (it's ethereum), etc

fastest way to make money is to buy a coin while it's new and cheap, but that's hard to do because you need to constantly research them, most are scams/pre-mined/ponzi, and you have to use smaller more obscure exchanges that list them. then, if a bigger exchange picks up the new coin, you will make fat stacks.
>>
is it a good time to buy btc to invest into stratis? Still not sure if btc is going to dip in a few days.
>>
Okay I'm completely new to this. Why aren't you people buying Speedcash? It just launched and seems pretty cool. Am I being tricked by le epic meme prankster man?
>>
I tried putting on my credit card to coinbase, and it charged me an activation fee twice, but neither of the times actually worked. What the hell?
>>
>>2003849
bank most likely rejected it. a lot of them do for bitcoin related transactions.
>>
I got a problem with PIVX wallet, every time I close this shit it tells me the database is corrupted and it takes like 3 fucking days to rebuild, is there any online wallet for this ? I might as well keep this on an exchange otherwise.
>>
>>2003849
>>2003897

Yep, this.

>>2003825

Stratis is a good buy imo.

>>2003784

That'll get you trading most viable currencies.

>>2003750
>>2003607

>>
>>1999303
Coinbase is a bucket shop. Don't bother with them.

Find a localbitcoins or atm or gift card vendor.
>>
I'm just getting started.

Is it a good or bad idea to buy coins on Yobit and then transfer them to another exchange where they're worth more?
>>
File: crypto.jpg (1MB, 1080x5442px) Image search: [Google]
crypto.jpg
1MB, 1080x5442px
Just broke $2k today off of a $500 initial investment. R8

Am I spreading my investments too thin?
>>
Guys, I've set up Exodus on my computer, and I was wondering, since it has a built in exchange system using ShapeShifter without the need for an account, why would I use any other exchanges like coinbase/polo?
>>
>>2003918
I'm so sick of coinbase. Would anyone recommend getting a walmart gift card and using cardforcoin.com?
>>
hey guys i pulled the plug on chaincoin, the web was a let down. Lost like 100 bucks, not so much. But I excpected more since I lost on bitbay too.

Welp, I guess I have to live with that.
>>
>>2003984
>losing on bay

That could not possibly have happened unless you bought at an all time high and then sold at a loss because you were too much of a pussy to ride through a dip.

Crypto siphons money from the hasty to the patient.
>>
>>2003918
There's an atm near me, all I want to know is how if even access the wallet it would generate for coins and how I would get anything from there to exchange into other shitcoins.
>>
>>2004025

Try saying what you wanted to say again m8.
>>
>>2004068
Phoneposting sucks. I meant, if it generates a wallet address for me, how do I access that remotely?
>>
does anyone pay bills with intraday crypto-trading?
>>
just opened a 5x leverage position on kraken. Wish me luck
>>
File: 1483564503410.jpg (2MB, 1732x3460px) Image search: [Google]
1483564503410.jpg
2MB, 1732x3460px
Hey guys, any book recommendations for crypto specifically?
>>
WTF /biz/? I bought a few ETH about 2 months ago. Ever since, when I run Ethereum wallet, it eats up every speck of disc space.

I have a 2014 macbook air, right after they went to all flash.

Never had a problem w space before, load the wallet and I get disc full messges, most of it is in "other"

delete my download folder and things are good for a tiny while, then again.

Delete apps I'm not using and free up 8gb yesterday.

Full today.

Trouble is, I need to dl the blockchain to complete a transfer I made 2 dys ago. Once I do, I'll transfer all my eth out again and delete the wallet cux fuck this.

but - how do I clear out the crap thats filling my other space?
>>
>>2003918

Localbitcoins is a total and utter ripoff.
>>
One shameless bump so I can top all-time traffic #'s on the blog.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (12KB, 201x251px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
12KB, 201x251px
>>2004666
>>>/g/

also nice digits
>>
I came on /biz/ because I wanted to learn about crypto and get into it from a complete noob pov. This thread has been a great help so far and I will follow the comfy blog.
Once I know more about how this actually works I would like to invest in a few stable coins. I'm not looking to trade for now, as I am very busy with uni and work and I only want to trade when I'm confident that I understood everything.

So my question is: Would it be viable to invest ~100€ every month into BTC / ETH, maybe 1-2 altcoins, and just hold for a year or two until I'm in a better position to trade?

I'm in germany and all my physical assets and earnings get fucked by taxes, so it would be nice to have a way to accumulate some wealth out of reach of the tax man, and also to eventually be able to move wealth from fiat to crypto in case of SHTF scenarios.

I'm also interested in moving to a different country eventually. Would crypto be a good way to bring my money without losing half of it to taxes and banks?

Lastly, is there any decent books or maybe youtube series or something for complete noobs? The blog is nice but I would like something more in depth to dive into.
Cheers
>>
File: 1458708002775.png (36KB, 286x260px) Image search: [Google]
1458708002775.png
36KB, 286x260px
Bump and lamentations for being too late to score big.
>>
File: dollachan.png (701KB, 749x1024px) Image search: [Google]
dollachan.png
701KB, 749x1024px
Leaf here.

Thinking of throwing my hat in the ring with crypto. Read the first sticky. Been lurking, but not long enough apparently.

Problem is, I can buy coins with Coinbase, but I can't sell them. Wonder when they're going to add that feature for leafs?

Anyways, I'm thinking about going to Quadriga since it's based off in Leafland. Is this going to be a bad thing? Is my bank going to be a dick if I connect it to my account? Any leafs have a problem with either (Coinbase/Quadriga) exchanges?

The moon is calling out, but I don't want the coin gremlins to smash in my rocket while getting there.
>>
>>2005375
I use Quadriga and it works well. I didn't have any problems with my bank and the buy/funding fees are much lower than Coinbase.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.