[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on house flipping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0895.jpg (21KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0895.jpg
21KB, 520x390px
Redpill me on house flipping
>>
Buy house at auction.
Fix house.
Try to sell it for more than you paid.
>>
Generally not worth it in today's market. All the good deals are gone, you'll have to wait for another crash.

Better off buying house in below average condition and doing light reno then renting it out. You have to be able to do the majority of the work yourself or be savvy with good deals from sub contractors.

Also you'll need significant capital. Flipping only really works in hot markets at high prices ala LA, San fran, etc. Where the profit is enough to justify carrying the prop for up to one year.

Marketing a house to sell that's being flipped also carries stigma, no one wants the house Joe blow shade tree contractor reno'ed and is charging market price for.
>>
>>1985035

Also materials and construction labor prices are through the roof right now because everyone is building. We will have a crash soon, residential, multifamily and retail are all overbuilt and funded based on bs earnings expectations. Supply of rentals is at an all time high and cap rates stupidly low thanks to unsustainable interest rates.

T. Works in comm r/e
>>
>>1985048
>We will have a crash soon
Will this be US only or are other places in the same condition? I certainly wouldn't mind a crash soon.
>>
>>1985062
I speak from the us, can't comment on other places but debt levels in Europe and China are worse. Dollar still is the strongest
>>
>>1985072
I think another housing crash is at least another 4 or 5 years away. The prices are just now getting back to pre-crisis levels. They've raised to this level at a much more stable rate than before.
>>
>>1984983
Red Pill: House flipping is the only way to escape the Matrix.
>>
>>1985089

Pre-crisis levels were too high. Also interest rates are significantly lower. Also price increases in my area on the east coast have been consistently 3-5%+ over the past few years for residential. Land prices are skyrocketing in desireable areas. Thats unsustainable.
>>
>>1984983

You need a combination of the following:

>Capital

>Leads

>Negotiating skills

>Handyman skills

>General real estate knowledge

>Financial literacy

You can outsource any of them, but not all of them. The less you can do yourself the less profit.

Remember, you make your money on the purchase not the sale.
>>
File: redpill.jpg (25KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
redpill.jpg
25KB, 520x390px
>>1984983
Its not worth it. Take the bean pill instead and enjoy your 100x gains.
>>
File: 1484229907229.jpg (56KB, 500x387px) Image search: [Google]
1484229907229.jpg
56KB, 500x387px
>>1985866
What if I mix the beanpill with the bogpill?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.