[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holding BTC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1492484811093.png (659KB, 1000x707px) Image search: [Google]
1492484811093.png
659KB, 1000x707px
I have around $1500 to play with and it seems pretty clear that Bitcoin is only going to rise in value in the long run. Trading the various shitcoins I see on here seems high risk, and retarded in some cases. Is buying BTC to hold and sell a sensible decision?
>>
File: 1492818135399.png (10KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
1492818135399.png
10KB, 120x120px
>>1984150
buy bitbean
>>
>>1984152
fuck yourself
>>
>>1984150

It is risky and retarded in SOME cases but if you know how to trade in general you can increase the amount of BTC you have.
There are no short cuts. If you suck, you suck and you are better of not trading.
>>
btc is about to fall in a little bit buy the dip dont buy aths
>>
>>1984159
Asian investment, increased connectivity in third world shitholes and rapidly growing acceptance/ease of use surely means it will rocket?
>>
yes buy 1 bitcoin and hold it til 2050 XD
>>
>>1984182
if it makes me hundreds of thousands and I can afford to not see that grand for ages why the fuck not? Pretty much zero risk compared to trading shitbeans
>>
File: 1492437464296.gif (2MB, 500x281px)
1492437464296.gif
2MB, 500x281px
The bitcoin volatility is too large
its price discovery is derpy
It's like gold 2.0, which is good, but unlike gold, it's artificial and you can replicate unlimited times

Yet, the value of bitcoin comes from being the first, popular and setting a standard as well, in nature the best things do not win, they are only the ones who get the most first cake

Therefore, let's say that you want to bypass the monetary system, goldmoney solves that without the risks and with prices rather chill a little better than paypal, gold is a milenary standard for money and it does not matter the normies and even most investors ignore it completly

We're on a time where free markets are just a name, stockmarkets are manipulated trouth QE programs from all these shitty central banks worldwide enforcing the same religion to keep the shit from looking without makeup. Investors are bullish and so are most btc user wannabes, who are just smart enought to understand it's rising price design, this doesn't mean the price discovery of it is correct. It actually could be years too early to be worth 1,3k $.

Shorting btc is betting, as it's volatility is stupid, there are lots of open opportunities either to make or loss, and when corrections kicks in, you better don't have your theet facing the floor while shorting.
>>
>>1984259
what does anon think of ethereum?
>>
>>1984150
>Is buying BTC to hold and sell a sensible decision?
Sort of. You probably won't lose money, but it won't make you a lot of money. I bet it slowly increases to $1500 over the next few months.

I would put some into alts too, bitcoin is on shaky ground right now.
>>
>>1984150
>it seems pretty clear that Bitcoin is only going to rise in value in the long run.
have fun with the hard fork
>>
>>1984737
providing it is done well, which I believe it would be, a hard fork would not a particularly big issue
>>
>>1984150
Look into lending out your bitcoins through bitconnect or btcjam.

Basically you are like a bank lending out bitcoins and making interest, but you need a service like the ones above to take advantage of a bigger amount of lenders, and the website needs to take a cut too for keeping their bots running + revenue.
>>
>>1984646
won't become btc, it's services potential are dope.. for a potato virtual global computer that eat tons of resources, yet it's dope

btc is money, eth is just a plataform to develop services on blockchain tech

that's not an advantage on the terrain of money, eth "spending" as fuel will be likely automated with trading services while allowing to use btc or traditional shitty fiat while getting the benefits of eth due to eth contracts n shit
>>
>>1984737
this

>>1984150
go ethereum if you want a long term investment
>>
>>1985443
maybe I misunderstand but can you explain how a hard fork would shaft me if I was holding BTC? As far as I'm aware they would implement it in a way that would not cause existing holders to immediately lose their money or anything
>>
>>1985315
ya lets hope the core team doesn't blow their suicide vest when they don't get their way
>>
>>1984150
>it seems pretty clear that Bitcoin is only going to rise in value in the long run

not it may actually go full doom any second. All it takes is someone to discover major flaw and how to exploit it
>>
File: IMG_6180.jpg (63KB, 680x487px)
IMG_6180.jpg
63KB, 680x487px
>>1984259
there are a very finite number of btc- 21 million.

the utility comes from more than just first mover advantage.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.