[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it bad I wanna be like Jonah Hill in War Dogs? Like is it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: feature1-3.jpg (49KB, 745x310px) Image search: [Google]
feature1-3.jpg
49KB, 745x310px
Is it bad I wanna be like Jonah Hill in War Dogs?
Like is it possible for someone with no connections to become a government contractor? Not necessarily gun running, but could I supply materials or fuel for NATO or someone since I'm from EU. Or would the competition cut my balls off soon as I start.
>>
Back to rebbit with you
>>
>>1981211
What reddit about it?
>>
Do you even have the product you want to sell or your genius idea is to order it from Alibaba?
>>
>>1981199
It's not really possible anymore, since the story this is based off of also ends with them mentioning the overhaul of the system.

Most of the time contracts go to companies that can provide the materials themselves, and you re-selling some petrol from down the street wouldn't stack up well for contract prospects. There aren't many materials you can supply without having some kind of manufacturing base behind you either.
>>
>>1981297
Maybe you're right. But let's say I'm from the balkans and there's a number of second grade weapons/ammo manufacturers here I can get in touch with.
Would it be impossible for me to open a business, start contacting the government officials/biding on open contracts and basically just becoming a middle man for the manufacturers and the militaries.
It's retarded I know, but I'm fairly certain the whole Syrian thing isn't dying out anytime soon. Especially since the US might get involved soon.
>>
File: 1474331599647.png (563KB, 867x766px) Image search: [Google]
1474331599647.png
563KB, 867x766px
>>1981199
Here is a copy and paste from a post last year:

1. Call Dun&Bradstreet, tell them you need a DUNS number to bid government contracts. Give them your business name and TIN which is generally your own name and SSN. They assign you a DUNS number. Don't lose it.
2. Go on SAM and register your business name and type using your DUNS number. Fill out the ORCA representations and if you like fill out a profile with the SBA.
3. in a few days they'll approve your SAM registration and you're set to bid jobs.
4. request or find the Solicitation you're interested in bidding on. Look for small business set-asides.
5. Read that shit carefully, and make sure you can comply with the wording of the contract. You can't be a felon, behind on your taxes, currently being sued, or being charged with a crime. Make sure you can do the work they want.
6. Follow the directions to submit your bid.
7. If you're awarded the contract set up an IPP account using your DUNS number and SAM registration. Submit invoices through IPP once the product is being delivered.
8. provide tons of paperwork and spend hours in meetings because that's what the government does.

The penalty for failing to deliver is usually your contract being cancelled, a claim placed against your insurance, your person being sued, and you being prevented from ever bidding on any gov job again. Felony fraud charges are also possible, as is jail time. The standard stuff for contractors that fuck up.
>>
>>1981455
Thanks, but the thing is I'm from the EU so I probably can't do business with the US gov. And there's really not much info on how to get started out there
>>
>>1981363
>basically just becoming a middle man for the manufacturers and the militaries.
US government contractor here.

the reason that doesn't work is you'll be bidding against the manufacturers. They can always bid lower than you. And if you beat them they can just refuse to sell to you and take your contract when you fail to deliver.
>>
>>1981581
Well how the hell did Jonah Hill do it then
>>
>>1981682
he's jewish
>>
Earlier time, and the movie says the govt specifically opened the market from just big providers and let all these smaller contractors budge in on some contracts.
>>
>>1981199

After the movie they made it more difficult.

But yes find a way to bid on government contracts no matter what they are. Have a website and stuff. You may pick something up if you have the skills.

I got a buddy that lays tile and he got some contracts to lay tile on military bases.
>>
>>1981682
I don't know, I haven't ever watched the movie.

in the US the contracts for arms typically go directly to the arms manufacturer. I'm not aware of any case where this didn't happen. The government doesn't just throw money away on useless middle men. That would actually be against the law.
>>
>>1981701
>movie says the govt specifically opened the market from just big providers and let all these smaller contractors budge in on some contracts.
this is true, but they don't open up manufacturing contracts to small biz.

purchases of guns or trucks or planes or whatever go to the manufacturer.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.