[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are dot.com based business still viable way to get rich?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1492525482672.png (574KB, 605x558px) Image search: [Google]
1492525482672.png
574KB, 605x558px
Many got rich by starting smallish IT-firms etc out of nothing and afterwards selling them for millions.

Is this still viable or do bigger companies make it impossible nowadays?
>>
Lol anon have you been living under a rock for the past year?

We are not doing dotcom sites anymore. We are doing blockchain.
>>
>>1976776
it's always possible to build a business that threatens existing businesses and then sell it to them.

the question is, what do you do after that? You chose small time when you could've gone big.
>>
>>1976776
It's still possible, definitely. A lot of the existing product spaces are saturated, though.

There are two ways to make money:
1) Do something first. This is hard. It's hard to figure out what's missing and what the best product to fill that need is.
2) Do something better/cheaper. From here you have two goals: either grab market share or seek an acquisition. This is usually easiest once you've worked for a company in the area you're targeting. That way you know the intricacies of the business, your competitor, the people in that space, etc.

The market is good right now. VC money is being tossed around like nothing.

Another thing I recommend: join a company in the early stages to try it out. Go through a few years until acquisition, large profits, public, folding, or similar. There are a lot of pitfalls: how you handle stocks, legal stuff, funding terms, control of the company, trying to get acquired too early/too late, etc.
>>
>>1976789
>join a company
We have a special term for that but I wonder what it is in english.

Do you mean as in shareholder?
>>
>>1976793
You're probably thinking of a board member.

No, I just meant as an employee. At a small company you'll have your ear close enough to the ground to see how all aspects of the company run and the big issues/decisions in the stages before folding/acquisition/public/making money. This is useful because this is what you'll have to do when you start your own company.

Also, keep in mind that most startups aren't successful. You'll probably fail quite a few times before you succeed if you do ever succeed. It's the highest highs and the lowest lows.
>>
>>1976795
Thanks, Il keep that in mind
>>
>>1976789
The venture capitalist money train is derailing now so many start up projects have failed to turn even moderate profits. Partly because so few of them actually produce anything of value and the 'service' they provide is barely worth anything long term.

There's the beginnings of a subtle culture shift in silicon valley which is being accelerated by stories of douchebag CEOs so I imagine VC's are going to find somewhere to invest their money shortly. Where that is I have no idea, interest rates are still low, the stock market is already over inflated and commodities are shit in a stagnating world economy experiencing a consumption slowdown.
>>
>>1976789
Or just start making x per month, recurring, and sell out for x times 20 (or similar).

http://empireflippers.com. Check their podcast
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.