[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Currently a financial advisor/stock broker/whatever-the-fuck.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (139KB, 831x639px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139KB, 831x639px
Currently a financial advisor/stock broker/whatever-the-fuck. Manage $30MM in assets.

Here's the thing - it sucks and I hate my life.

What sort of job can a guy get after working as an advisor?! It's a glorified sales job that requires no actual real skills. I feel like there's nowhere to go from here.

Help me /biz/ I have no idea what to do next...
>>
>>1975809
I just posted in another thread about wanting to be a financial advisor. Is it really shit? What should I do with my finance degree if not that?
>>
>>1975809
Keep in mind that you can spin most work experience for any job.
What jobs are you interested in?
I can help you spin your resume.
>>
Are you any good? Why not save some money and venture into franchising/commercial rental properties/some other business? That's what I'm doing and I probably made way less than you when I worked in the corporate environment.
>>
File: image.jpg (193KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
193KB, 640x1136px
>>1975859
I work for the brokerage wing of a $25b regional bank. That's where I would start if I were you - there is a steady stream of referrals, so all you have to do is show up, stay awake, and pick the low hanging fruit. Super easy, but very unfulfilling. I honestly feel dumber and less marketable after working with these guys for three years.

My colleagues suck, my clients are idiots, and compliance is always in my shit.
>>
>>1975883
Not a bad idea. Are there any franchises that aren't ridiculously overpriced?

I have been thinking about purchasing a franchise that focuses on (don't laugh) misquote deterrence. It has the potential to be a HUGE business where I am located in the Midwest.
>>
>>1975879
Right now, I am honestly wanting to work with a regulator - think FINRA.
>>
>>1975896
Idk man, that sounds like it'd be up your alley though. I'm looking at buying a small gym franchise because /fit/ is my thing. It would be easy as fuck to maintain, you get monthly income from subscriptions, (relatively) cheap franchising, and you only need like one employee. Also from the Midwest
>>
>>1975906
Not a bad idea! You should definitely run the numbers on it. And good luck!
>>
>>1975888
I work in a support ops role for an investment firm and can confirm the entirety of
>My colleagues suck, my clients are idiots, and compliance is always in my shit.
I fucking hate most FAs and really fucking hate clients.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.