[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cold Call Machine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: index.jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 275x183px
Hi Biz,

I have a question and unfortunately it will be a cliche question regarding input for business ideas.

At the moment I am working for a payment provider in The Netherlands. This has been a very typical sales job for about 2.5 years now;
whenever I am in the office I am cold calling my ass off, obviously after a while you get more warm calls but eventually I always go back to cold calling.

In this job I call and meet up with CFO's and CEO's of small companies (1 million revenue - 50 million revenue).

I love cold calling. I am used to making 80 phone calls a day for weeks long, alternating between short rejections, long useless talks, and hoping for the occassional success.

I am not exceptionally good at it, but I love doing it. I don't mind the rejections, I'm used to the ups and downs of the sales process.
However, I am just tired of the company I am currently working for.

I don't want to look for a new company where I will either start at the bottom building up a client base again, nor do I want to start working as an account manager working on existing clients.

However, ever since I started working here I have wondered what I could achieve if I would work for myself and started selling <whatever> by phone. Calling as much as I do now.

The problem is though, I have no idea what business I could start for myself where I can achieve anything by cold calling as much as I do now.

Therefor my question is:
What kind of business (idea) would be relatively easy to setup and generate cash by cold calling as much as I do now. Selling whatever, I don't care what.
Any suggestions or questions are welcome!
>>
>>1974446
What made you become tired of the company you were working for?
>>
>>1974463
Thanks for responding.

I do not want to go into too much detail here, however, it is really a combination of different factors:
- colleagues
- management
- 0 internal communication
- Unclear commission structure (impossible to track whether it's done correctly)
>>
>>1974446
Btw, sorry for the long post.

Long story short:
I am used to high volume cold calling.
What would be a fun / good / profitable business idea that I can make money with through cold calling a lot.
>>
I am a main shareholder of a company in the netherlands. I get cold called quite frequently and i love to string you shills along. Waste as much time as possible so you can't scam a weaker, older person. Cold calling is only effective when you get a betacuck on the line. Don't start your own cold calling business!Start a business that delivers a great product or service and the customers will come to you. Use your cold calling skills to sell existing customers more of said product or service.
Add something of value to the world you cold calling scamming piece of shit
>>
>>1974486
In true /biz/ fashion stock up on meme coins and sell them to people
>>
>>1974491
Who is talking about scamming? Who is talking about weaker, older persons?

If you have any idea of a great product or service that you wouldn't mind being cold called about as a shareholder of a company, name it. That is essentially what I am looking for.
>>
>>1974518
That's the thing, if i get cold called i know it's a scam. Even if it's a good product or service, i let the cold caller inform me and then ask them to call me back later. Meanwhile ill look for an identical service or product online. I know that their competitor who doesn't cold call is always going to cost me less because im not paying for a whole department of schmucks cold calling.
>>
>>1974541
And how will you know that the competitor does not cold call?
It's cheaper for a company to hire a schmuck, cold calling his ass off, than it is running a 10,000 dimensional marketing campaign all over the country trying to reach clients.
>>
>>1974548
I don't agree, online marketing has unlimited potential. 1 facebook add will reach more people in 1 hour than 10 people cold calling for weeks. Im not trying to ridicule your profession but it's dying. Why start a business (taking a huge risk) where the core focus is cold calling. Sure it might work for some time, but online marketing is getting cheaper and is more accessible to the public. I'd advice you to broaden your horizon before it's too late and you end up in a boiler room company shilling 'investments with 200% return' (cold caller for real estate company seriously said this without laughing)
>>
Does anybody else have any suggestions?

I am not looking for any scams, just looking for a business model in which cold calling is very suitable.
>>
>>1974641
Hehe, I am aware of those real estate companies indeed. They sell shitty ground in random places with the promise of it's value raising.
These are indeed obvious scams and are not the direct I want to head into.

I understand the principles of social marketing, but I believe that people are overwhelmed by the amount of FB, Linkedin, and just general website ads. People just do not take in that information anymore. When I look at websites I don't even see the ads anymore; on FB I look at photos of women rather than text / advertisements.

Besides, I believe a B2B service or product will always have the possibility of being sold through the phone. Sure there's other ways, but I think it will always play an important role.

I appreciate you changing your tone and giving constructive feedback now.
>>
>>1974661
Sorry;
"value rising"*
"not the direction i want to head into"*

and with social marketing I meant social media marketing/advertising
>>
>>1974641
Honestly it's true. Digital marketing is the future and by the future I mean the present and by the present I mean in 2 years no one will be cold calling anyone and it's a slow decline to their.

At best you could exploit a niche for a few years with declining profits until you're out of business
>>
>>1974686
This is obviously a discussion not worth having, as we both just have different views of how business is done.

I just don't see how anyone in a company will get seduced by an ad that will make him switch services or buy something for his company.
Sure, this works for one-size-fits-all solutions, but not for tailored products/services.

Let me give a very bad example that I haven't put any thought into but that I will just throw as an example:

Let's say theres this company, they specialize in optimizing/organizing your company in a way that can save a lot of money. They have 2 solutions; one that only works for companies that import from China, another that only works for companies that sell services to NGO's.
(2 very different types of businesses).

If the ad says: We can save money by optimizing your company for you.
You will be like, pff that's so abstract, probably not relevant for me my company is pretty well organized.
If it says "Importing from China? We can help you save money by changing a few things in your company, blabla". But you are selling a service to NGO's, nothing to do with China wtf is this weird ad...

Now there's this guy, he calls your company and manages to pass your secretary.
He tells you he works for a company that optimizes company structures and he saw on your website that you work with Chinese companies. He asks you if you import. You do not, you offer services to NGO's that happen to work with China, but definitely no import.
Oh, that's interesting he says, because we do 2 things; save money for business importing from China, but that's not relevant for you. However, as you are selling services to NGO's, we also know there's a certain way to structure your company allowing you to simplify your business and saving money at the same time.
Blablabla, you think it's interesting, etc.

Ad's can't do that...
>>
>>1974661
Adds are overlooked, but even with a small percentage reaching your audience, you would already be making a profit. I will agree that personal contact wether trough phone or face to face can be a huge factor in convincing me to buy. But that's only when I'm already actively looking for a product or service. If somebody tries to sell me something in our first conversation i immediately get defense (it's in our greedy dutch bastard genes). I strongly suggest focussing on product or service, talk to people about your product to see if people are interested before starting your business. The chance to succeed as a small business is rather high because you don't have any overhead. Use moneybird for billing and bookkeeping and you basically have a lean startup. Upscaling is the hard part.
>>
Does anybody else have any suggestions?
>>
File: IMG_3431.jpg (124KB, 460x1719px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3431.jpg
124KB, 460x1719px
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.