[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Interview thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: interview-advice.jpg (22KB, 640x468px) Image search: [Google]
interview-advice.jpg
22KB, 640x468px
Hey, so I'm assuming that a lot of us are doing through the interview process for both jobs and internships, so let's talk about it - how they went, tips, interesting stories, etc.

I'll begin with mine:
>hardest and most intense interview for an internship I've ever had
>he asks me to shoot him an email in a couple days if I want the job

Wtf does that mean? Wouldn't he be emailing me and me not emailing him? Does that mean I got the job or is it a nice way of saying no?
>>
Once I had two interviewers asking me shit for a hour and a half
One even accused me of being gay, I was shocked and he was probably autistic programmer
He pushed and pushed "I would have done this in this situation" , "I don't do that" into conversation about me and my career path
Other guy kept asking me why do I want to leave my current job for like 35 minutes and I kept answering him, he just did not buy it I guess. And he suggested that Piketty is like pure capitalistic and shit when he saw some economic forum (not web based forum but like event based, people sitting and talking in a room) activity in my resume. WTF?
And they NEVER SAID WITH WHAT TOOLS I AM GOING TO WORK WITH. They are not mentioned on their website either. I asked them point blank: "With what tools are you working with" and they kept going around the bush.
WHY? WTF is going on?

>>1974267
Email him. Maybe he was being suggestive, like - you are getting the job, just send this email with something inside.
Or he is so far up his ass that he can't see that saying to candidates "shoot him an email in a couple days if I want the job" is kinda idiotic since candidates did send the first email with their CV and got all the way to the office, all dressed up. Bit of give away if we are questioning candidates desires...

I have been in 15 interviews and testings this last 5 weeks. It's been brutal and fruitless. And they always want to push them right smack in the middle of workday when I'm working with my current employer.
Guess they don't want me because I ask too much money and unemployed fags just ask peanuts.
I live in SE Europe btw
>>
>>1974267
Just had my first phone interview yesterday for an engineering co-op internship position. First half of the interview I was a little rusty but I think the 2nd half went very well/felt very natural. Crossing my fingers for good news because this would be so good for my career path if I get it
>>
I recently had an interview where the guy asked if I was Muslim since I have a middle easterner name and last name, my dads Muslim but Im protestant, only speak to him once in a while. why do they ask that question? is it pure curiosity? or does my answer have a deeper implication? I always answer truthfully, is this a good idea? how should I deal with said questions?

I live in a country where asking someones religion in an interview is technically illegal but said law cant really be enforced.

Also at the end of the interview the guy said I should send him my translated CV and heĀ“ll send me back a few assignments to fill out, once I sent him my translated CV and him for the assignments he said that there must have a been a misunderstanding since supposedly he never mentioned the assignments and only needed my CV. what does this mean?
>>
>>1974578
hip tech company or a bank - muslim is a plus because muh diversity

translated CV and assignment - man.. I would take that as a bad sign
>>
>>1974620

Pess agency, dont live in the U.S.

The CV had to be translated into English since I assumed the guy interviewing me spoke my native language so the CV I brought was in that language.
>>
>>1974578
Muslims have been known to demand special religious privileges that complicate their ability to function at their workplace (clothes, food, prayer breaks, treatment of the opposite gender). All the recent terrorist attacks haven't improved their reputation either. My guess is the interviewer wanted to probe whether you would turn out to be difficult to work with.
However, it's also possible that I'm wrong, and the interviewer asked about your religion because he wished to reach some kind of diversity quota like the other anon suggested.
>>
>>1974578
Not every Muslim prays 5 times a day, but some do. If you did have to pray 5 times a day then it might get in the way of you doing your work.

I'm surprised hes was so straight forward though. Most people would just tip toe around that question.
>>
>>1974512
Lol this sounds like some topgrading bullshit (see on amazon). It's a style of interviewing where they continually make you go through long and repetitive rounds of questioning to see who 'has what it takes' to be a 'dedicated team player.' Fuck these cunts dude, you really don't want to work for the kinds of people who push this kind of bs on the first meet.
>>
>>1974267

> Hi <Guy's name>,

> I really enjoyed talking to you a couple days ago about opportunities at <company name>, and I would like to follow up about the <job> position. I think with my background in <background> I could really make an impact in helping <company name> <do whatever the job is>. Let me know if <job> is still available, I'm definitely interested!

> Thank you for your time, looking forward to hearing back.

> Best,
> <OP>
>>
>>1975923
Yeah.
Looked into topgrading. Like, FFS, if this is their standard procedure they will have to put their ad few more times as this will annoy the shit out of candidates
Especially for the company nobody heard before. They are mid tier player on a small regional market niche with ok-ish income not freaking Microsoft or Oracle.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.