[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prove me wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 4horsemen.jpg (78KB, 780x439px) Image search: [Google]
4horsemen.jpg
78KB, 780x439px
If I put every penny of my retirement and brokerage savings in the 4 horseman, I will be a multi-millionaire by the time I am 50 yrs old

>26y/o
>$75k annual salary
>12% of salary goes to retirement/savings
>salary will only increase from here, will be making $100k+ by 2018

I dont get why anyone would try anything else? this is simple...
>>
>>1972406
Why do you believe these 4 companies will outperform the market over 26 years?
You don't think there's any risk of a competitor dethroning even one of them?
Apple in particular has grown noticeably more slowly than the other 3 and is starting to run out of meme power since they haven't had a new idea in 7 years.
>>
>>1972406
Facebook and Google are weak.
>>
>>1972443
>26 years?
24 years, sorry.
Not that it makes much difference.
>>
>>1972443
The beauty of having $300 billion in cash is ideas never run out. New minds are hired on every day my friend.
>>
>>1972406
>2017
>still not being an ETHbull
enjoy getting fucked when the cryptobulls buttfucks your shitty companies into the ground
>>
>>1972513
This. You think Tim Cook, Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg, Sergy Brin or Larry Page are going to limit the potential of their companies to their own minds?

These companies will stand the test of time. Even Facebook, who has had no problem tapping into new areas of tech instead of limiting themselves to social media.

Don't even get me started on Amazon, that company will take over the world one day.
>>
>>1972406
Dunno man, makes sense to me
>>
>>1972513
But when was the last time Apple had a new idea that wasn't shit?
The most recent one I can think of is the iPad, which was 7 years ago.

>>1972558
>These companies will stand the test of time
Ford is down 40% since 2011 and almost 70% since 1999.
But tech isn't like manufacturing. It's actually much easier to overthrow the reigning champs in tech, especially web tech. Literally all it takes is a genius with a crazy idea and too much free time.

I'm sure at least three of these four companies will still be safe blue chips in 30 years, but I don't think they're all still going to be the reigning champs.
>>
>>1972571
>genious with a crazy idea
Yeah but Apple IS in manufacturing, they manufacture the worlds most popular mobile phones. Amazon is shopping. Google is everything, not just a search engine. Google maps has 1 billion monthly users, Facebook is the most likely to die, but the grim reaper would HAVE to be a new social media, its competitors stand no chance.
>>
>>1972622
>they manufacture the worlds most popular mobile phones
Apple has less than 15% of the smartphone market and Samsung alone has about 20%. Android is significantly more popular than iOS and iPhones have a reputation for being overpriced, while the app store is known for being paternalistic.
Apple needs new ideas and they don't have any.

>Google is everything
Google is the best of these 4 companies and will probably beat the market over 30 years, barring something catastrophic happening to them. I'll concede that.

>Amazon is shopping.
Amazon is the second best of these 4 companies. They aren't invulnerable, though, and it's totally impossible to predict their market share in 30 years. I strongly doubt they will continue to be the go-to for all online shopping.

>Facebook is the most likely to die
I disagree. I think Apple is more likely to get fucked if they don't get a new idea soon.
I wouldn't hold FB for 30 years though.
>>
>>1972406
>12% of salary goes to retirement/savings
You'll never make it

90% of my after tax income goes into my businesses & brokerage accounts
>>
>>1972663
You either make a lot of money or very little.
>>
>>1972673
Only ~70K a year

I bring home $4400 a month and usually spend a few hundred on random shit, rest goes into stocks.
>>
>>1972686
Do you live in Buttfuck, Kentecky?
>>
>>1972692
> Kentecky
Kentucky.
>>
>>1972692
Live with my parents ~30 miles from a very large city. They pay for pretty much everything. Food, utilities, household items. Car insurance is on them since I'm still relatively young. Student debt is paid off, although I only had 12K after graduating. For health insurance, I just pay the penalty ($695), and I'm on their cell phone plan (6 lines for $150). Still have the same phone I bought 5 years ago and I drive my dad's old car that he owned.

I only really spend money when I go out and when I wanna buy random stuff. Have a gym membership, some internet services (spotify, amazon prime, netflix). That's pretty much it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.