[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mechanical turk- worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1R9_KPHN.png (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1R9_KPHN.png
24KB, 400x400px
did this a year and a half ago maybe 20 hours a week when I was in college. Is it still legal slavery or have any of you made decent gains?

(about: you do simple tasks like "are there niggers in this image" for. 02 per image and shit like that)
>>
>>1970501

I did it recently and there aren't as many tasks now ever since requesters were allowed to actually hide them. You see a shit ton "available" but there's nothing to work on because you need lots of quals to so anything. It's not as good as it was even a year or two ago when you could use scripts and make a guaranteed $30-50 a day.
>>
Lately I've been doing academic surveys for a couple hours each day. I make $5.50 / hour on average.

Yes it's still legal slavery if you live in a first world country.
>>
Make 150-200 a week off of it. $5-7 an hour half assed doing other shit. I just play games and collect worthwhile shit(so even though the hourly is that low, I don't consider it to be.) YMMV
>>
convinced myself I was going to put in the work to make 6-7 dollars a day until I got back the 3k I lost in robinhood. Made it to the end of 1 month before I just couldn't fucking handle it anymore. Wound up making 205. Took me 2 hours a day to make that much a month, but at the end of the 2 hours you weren't in the mood to do any other fucking thing, even things you enjoyed. It kind of left me in a haze for the rest of the day. I think its worth it if you want to save up for a small purchase like a computer part or shoes, but if you do that shit for a living your health will suffer for sure.
>>
>>1971678
>at the end of the 2 hours you weren't in the mood to do any other fucking thing, even things you enjoyed. It kind of left me in a haze for the rest of the day.

how do pansies like this handle real jobs?
>>
>>1971881
I work for a petrochemical company. There's a difference between putting up with an actual job and mindlessly clicking shit like a drone. If clicking bubbles for third world wages doesn't bother you, then I guess we know how much you value yourself.
>>
>>1972096
It's clearly different for everyone. I had the same experience. No growth potential for your earnings, no guarantee of jobs, just clicking around like an idiot. Just knowing that made my skin crawl, and I'm a NEET. Honestly, I think if I spent time on MT instead of here I'd definitely have more money, but if I had that level of focus to care about things as annoying as that I'd rather work on developing a skill/learning markets than earning pity money. I already have my living guaranteed, if I want to do better than what I already have I have to make at least 30k plus a year.
>>
first time ive heard of it. im not going to do anything for 2 cents.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.