[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Frugality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

I wanna reduce my spendings so I thought a good first step is to track my daily spendings

How do I do this? Are there good apps? Am I supposed to trust apps with my banking details or something cause that's sketchy? I have an account with Barclay's in UK if it matters.

Any tips? Also any frugal tips are welcome.
>>
File: BeanermanMockup_v1.jpg (78KB, 639x739px) Image search: [Google]
BeanermanMockup_v1.jpg
78KB, 639x739px
>>1970114
lower spending on rent

increase spending on bitbean
>>
>>1970117
>rent
I only pay 450/month on rent which is pretty good for London

>bitbean
Sounds like bitcoin stuff, but I'm not looking to invest or make money rn; just to save money
>>
Well there's the site Mint (run by the same people who run TurboTax). It's considered secure, but you do need to put in your account details, so caveat emptor.

Other than that, rather than track spending daily, it's probably more helpful to track it monthly so that utilities etc. aren't throwing you off. If you use plastic to pay for everything, you'll get a convenient list of what you're buying and when.
>>
>>1970140
Yeah I use card for most stuff, but I was hoping for some app with a descriptive statistics dashboard that tells me how much I'm spending a day on average, what I'm spending most on, etc. Basically some nicer and more visually descriptive interface to my payments than a simple chronological list of payments
>>
>>1970162
Mint will do that.
>>
>>1970114
Mint.
If not mint, then just save all your receipts and use an Excel spreadsheet. Making graphs is easy but you should look up "pivot function Excel"
>>
>>1970198
>>1970174
What about monefy? Seems to have a good phone app
>>
>>1970263
Dunno, never tried it.
>>
>>1970266
I think Mint is only for US/Canada
>>
check out money mustache blog... lots of good ideas there. Read up on minimalist lifestyle.
These two helped me out allot. I really dont give two flying fucks about designer brand shilling. I dont need to worry about what car my friends are driving. I am doing just fine. I still buy top of the line stuff for my house... because thats where I LIVE.
>>
>>1970114

Here's my frugal tip, and it has worked really well for me.

Don't bother with a budget. 90% of people who try to do a personal budget end up confused, lying to themselves, or just dropping it out of frustration.

Instead, have money automatically deducted from your paycheck, or from your main bank account when the money comes in, or similar. Put that money into a special account (or a 401K, or an IRA, etc., just as long as it takes some extra effort to get it back out again.) And pretend as hard as you can that this seperate money does not exist.

You'll probably find that like a lot of people, your spending varies by how much money you think you have. And by removing some X percent from your horizon, you don't spend it (absent some emergency).
>>
>>1970114

Here's my frugal tip, and it has worked really well for me.

Don't bother with a budget. 90% of people who try to do a personal budget end up confused, lying to themselves, or just dropping it out of frustration.

Instead, have money automatically deducted from your paycheck, or from your main bank account when the money comes in, or similar. Put that money into a special account (or a 401K, or an IRA, etc., just as long as it takes some extra effort to get it back out again.) And pretend as hard as you can that this seperate money does not exist.

You'll probably find that like a lot of people, your spending varies by how much money you think you have. And by removing some X percent from your horizon, you don't spend it (absent some emergency).

This may seem too simple to work, but it worked for me, and for other people I've talked to. And worked better than elaborate budgeting.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.