[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are lawyers useless?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (38KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 500x600px
If you're just an average guy, its practically impossible to win decent settlements unless you're black and racially discriminated against or a woman in a divorce becauae the lawyer fees are just so damn high to begin with.

Like I've been seeing a lawyer informing him about some fraudulent activity happening in my company that I could whistleblow on, and they're like telling me to just back down because the company is too big and they will drag it in court for years.
>>
>>1969697
You understand that they can drag it in court for years BECAUSE they have good lawyers, right?
So I suppose that's pretty useful for them...
>>
>>1969697
Find a meme lawyer who has worked these kinds of things and reach out. Maybe they take you on pro bono.
>>
>>1969697
No, in court a good lawyer who is allowed to spend sufficient time on your case makes all the difference in the world.
>>
>>1969972
And of course a lawyer is going to advice you against anything that could jeopardize you, like taking on a whistle blowers role.
>>
>>1969908
>So I suppose that's pretty useful for them...

Lawyers are only useful to the rich, is that what you're saying?
>>
>>1970005
Not if both parties have similar assets. If spending a million on lawyers would bankrupt one party but barely affect the other, then yes the lawyer is only useful to the rich side
>>
>>1969697

You do realize there are attorneys who, as a practice, will not accept payment unless you are awarded compensation in a settlement or verdict.

These are typically going to be larger personal-injury firms that can float their labor and expenses for the duration of the trial.

These are typically good for litigants not only because of the lack of up-front cost but also because these attorneys will make a conservative assessment on whether your case has a chance of receiving compensation.
>>
>>1969697
>>1970041
Think about it from the lawyers point of view here. If they don't win they've essentially just wasted two years of their lives for nothing.
>>1970005
shut up faggot
>>
>>1969697
He saved you money and frustration, so he's definitely not useless.

If anything the law here might be useless.
>>
>>1969697

Lawyers have a use, and it is serving the idiots and assholes of the world. And getting rich while doing it.

They are like insurance companies, they contribute nothing but you have to have them to oversee the bullshit.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.