[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Invesment Banking/ Venture Capital/ Private Equity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

>be in shitty data analyst role in meme tech startup
>get sick of the politics, shit pay etc., quit job and decide to move to Asia
>want to break into banking/VC
>everything I'm reading says you basically need to be Chinese to break into Investment Banking in HK and Singappore (I have decent Mandarin but not business-level, and not chinese)
>could become a trader but probably not quantitative enough
>just want a good front-office job where I can get paid, wear a nice suit and not feel like a cuck every day

What do?

Any IB/VC/PE people here?

Need some advice before I go over, waste all my money and have to come back home
>>
File: vqGeMsr.gif (2MB, 350x255px) Image search: [Google]
vqGeMsr.gif
2MB, 350x255px
Bamping with b8man
>>
>>1968044
bumping for interest
>>
>>1968044
>>1968044
>have to be Chinese and speak mandarin
Hong Kong yes, Singapore no. Singapore is culturally heterogeneous, Chinese are just 70%. English is the lingua franca which everyone speaks.

>need to be Chinese
That's just people trying to sound smart on the Internet. In fact the CEO of HSBC, one of the major Singapore banks, is Caucasian. If you want to work as your quant it depends on your qualifications and skillsets.

t. Singaporean
>>
>>1968044

It's not impossible for round-eye to work in Hong Kong.

You should probably marry (yes marry) a relative of someone at the business you're working for and do all the (from your viewpoint) bullshit social events.
Honesty is less important than maintaining good relationships with whoever you're working with. Don't get angry when people lie, mislead, or try to change the terms of agreements after they've already signed a contract. It's how things work.

But you probably won't be able to do all of that so just stay in whatever country you originate from.
>>
>>1968044
You should get good at your deepthroating skills. Make sure you can take a dick all the way in so that you can almost swallow the balls, but make sure you DO NOT GAG. It turns people off and gives you a bad rep. People need to know that you can take a dick and enjoy it.

Hope this helps.
>>
Why would you want to work in Investment Banking? I do, and I miss my NEET days. I want to kill myself sometimes. The pay isn't enough for the hours.

PE on the other hand, if you manage to get your carried interest, then yeah, It is completely worth it.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.