[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good /biz/ books for beginners?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: deal.jpg (239KB, 939x1572px) Image search: [Google]
deal.jpg
239KB, 939x1572px
Hello /biz/ i plan to get in either investment or entreprenurship what is a good book that would open my mind in regards to how the market works/stock exchange etc? I want to educate myself.
>>
>>1964594
Suck my dick. You can literally google that same question and get like 4343443 results.
>>
>>1964612
And? He wants to discuss books. You're not the board police.
>>
>>1964612
Yes i can literally use google ,but i don't trust most sources,and most content makes me puke....also there's a higher chance i can find some good advice here on a board fully dedicated to the subject despite all memes and jokes ..
>>
>>1964594
We have that thread often, check out the archives at warosu.org/biz/
>>
rich dad poor dad by ricardo wasabi
>>
>>1964594
Which one interests you more: entrepreneurship or investment? Because once you nail the basics of accounting there really isn't much overlap with them.

>>1964810
Yeah but no one ever like explains why a book is useful, it's always "4 hour work week changed my life" yeah... uh huh... why? How? Sell me on it.

It's ironic on a board called "biz" where 90% of the threads are shilling that no one can sell me on why I should read their suggested books.
>>
>>1964594

I am not an entrepreneur but I am a succesful investor, so here are my picks for beginning books on investing and the stock market:

"The Only Investment Guide You'll Ever Need" by Andrew Tobias. It's fun, it's old, but it is still on the money, so to speak. Excellent 1st book.

"The Money Game" by Adam Smith
"One Up on Wall Street" and "Beating the Street" by Peter Lynch
"Stocks for the Long Run" Jeremy Siegel
"Irrational Exuberance" Robert Shiller
"Common Sense on Mutual Funds" John Bogle
"Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits" by Philip Fisher
"The Essays of Warren Buffett"
"The Black Swan" Nassim Taleb

"The Intelligent Investor" by Benjamin Graham is a great book but possibly a little intimidating for your first read.
>>
Real entrepreneurs don't read the books (unless their textbooks)

You really think bill gates or zuck or trump needed to read a book full of motivational quote?
>>
File: 296649._UY400_SS400_.jpg (34KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
296649._UY400_SS400_.jpg
34KB, 400x400px
>>
>>1965770
Intelligent Investor is the tits
>>
>>1965878
>You really think bill gates or zuck or trump needed to read a book full of motivational quote?

yes, they did other practical shit too. But I gaurentee you they read motivational literature and self help books. Most successful people spew that same kind of self-belief crap, where do you think their narrative came from?

In fact many continue to read it AFTER they are successful. Like David Allen said that the kind of people who need his books most fail to apply it, the people who need his books least are the ones who got the most from it.
>"Getting Things Done is a lot like a Formula One team, you're already the fastest, but you still want to find ways to reduce aerodynamic drag"
>>
>>1964594
all modern books on business/entrepreneurship are made to sell not educate or enlighten so take any published wisdom with a large pinch of salt

nothing beats pure experience in my opinion
>>
>>1965742
>No one can sell me on why I should read their books

They don't have to, retard. It's a suggestion, take it or leave it. Do you think you're running Oprah's book club or some shit?
>>
File: tumblr_mzm6lkfJex1sqxw6oo1_1280.jpg (214KB, 553x857px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mzm6lkfJex1sqxw6oo1_1280.jpg
214KB, 553x857px
>>1966762
>Do you think you're running Oprah's book club or some shit?
No pleb, I think I'm running a modern day equivalent Stanley Kubrick's office where he required three paragraph memos summarizing every novel that came through so he knew whether it was worthy buying the options or not..

/BIZ/ LIFE MOTHERFUCKINGFUCKER!!! NO TIME TO READ SHIT WITHOUT RECCOMENDATION, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH
>>
>>1965924

Beginning investors should stay far the fuck away from derivatives.

Intermediate investors should be cautious dipping their toes in. There are moderately risky derivative moves and insanely risky ones.
>>
>>1967463
I suggest you buy the book bitch
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.