[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question: Why the fuck are homes and apartments in Hong Kong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: matthew-mccon gold movie.jpg (164KB, 1455x799px) Image search: [Google]
matthew-mccon gold movie.jpg
164KB, 1455x799px
Question: Why the fuck are homes and apartments in Hong Kong so much to buy?

Recently I was looking at an ad for an apartment for sale and I thought yeah, it will be at most 1-2 million USD...boy was I wrong. The place cost 30 million USD. Quite a lot of properties simialr to this one cost the same amount. Some of them are tiny and look terrible but cost 30 mil plus.

Why is this?
>>
If you truly have difficulty answering that question for yourself, I'd suggest that /biz isn't for you
>>
>>1963515
Ooohh big whitu man want prace in hlong kong??? Surery you have plenty big whitu dorrars? We give special deal only 30 million! Prease come colonize our tiny women! Sank you sank you !
>>
>>1963522
I'm just looking for an answer and perhaps some insight info without taking hours looking into it only to find half an answer. Biz can and probably knows the info already, just a matter of sorting through the shit posts and informative ones.

You can't be an expert in everything you fucking NEET retard.
>>
>>1963533
Do you live in HK, anon?
>>
>>1963515
Because it's a tiny little bit of land with a large population and a strong economy where people live in little boxes in the sky.
>>
>low supply
>high demand
>no where to build, but up, which is expensive
>government adds 200k new homes
>doesn't even put a dent in the housing index
>>
>>1963533
Because there a fuck load of rich people in china, vietnam, taiwan, and asia in generally. And Hong Kong became the London of Asia. Everyone wants in, prices go up.
>>
File: images.jpg (11KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 275x183px
>>1963515
Because they desperately want neets to move the fuck out of their parents and grandparents closets and kitchen cabinets.

Google image search or youtube "china's ghost cities".

It's awesome. The smog problem and overcrowding is so bad they built entire cities. ENTIRE CITIES. But can't get people to move into them.
>>
File: Ghosttown-015.jpg (383KB, 1000x802px) Image search: [Google]
Ghosttown-015.jpg
383KB, 1000x802px
>>1963684
>>
>>1963684
How can there be smog in the cities if no one is living there?
>>
File: images (1).jpg (9KB, 257x196px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
9KB, 257x196px
>>1963690
>>
File: 1485926118465s.jpg (5KB, 234x215px) Image search: [Google]
1485926118465s.jpg
5KB, 234x215px
>>1963691
>>
>>1963691
I meant in the populated cities. It's so bad that China ordered all the factories to close the week before the Olympics due to health concerns and not wanting the visitors to know. Reporters would have focused on climate change instead of the sports.
>>
>>1963691
smog in china is a real fucking nightmare
their factories are barely regulated and spew soot and metal powder etc into the air
and these are all over the country not just in manufacturing hubs
so you end up with nearly the entire country having real bad air quality for knock off simpsons toys
>>
>>1963684
So prices are high because they add more apartments/houses?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.