[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TARGET GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

File: huddle.jpg (33KB, 478x380px) Image search: [Google]
huddle.jpg
33KB, 478x380px
Anyone here ever work at Target? Worked there while it was starting in Canada. Had a pretty good team environment and a decent wage (Made more there two years ago than I do now).

You ever get recognized during a huddle?
>>
>>1959612

was my first job at 18. Started out working the night shift full time over christmas break then moved to part time day time while going to college. Lasted about 4 months in total, and mostly hated and made my social anxiety worse. This is 10+ years ago though.
>>
Never worked at Target, but I've worked at a grocery store and I shop at Target when I need things in bulk / non-grocery items.
>>
>>1959612
They tried to get me into that huddle shit back when i worked at walmart. Everytime i heard the page go out over the intercom i would go to the restroom and just wait until it was over.
>>
File: IMG_0580.jpg (172KB, 768x1182px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0580.jpg
172KB, 768x1182px
Corporate CULTure. The stupid group things are total manipulation tarics to bring people together. Took this pic when i worked at walmart years ago. Sam walton has a creepy cult of personality
>>
>>1960058
Yessir. Now magnify that x100. Worked for Apple for five years.
>>
File: IMG_0581.gif (1MB, 480x204px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0581.gif
1MB, 480x204px
>>1960081
>>
>>1960081
Steve Jobs fetishism?
>>
File: 1445452303859.jpg (30KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1445452303859.jpg
30KB, 480x480px
I worked at 2 different Target's with different positions.

1.) Cart Attendant- you're the lowest on the totem pole and treated as such. You always work alone so nobody knows your name. Everybody just calls you "Cart Attendant".

Truly an awful experience, the guy who trained me had actual aspergers and for some reason hated using the remote machine that pushes carts. Instead, he always pushed 20+ carts by himself all freaking day long. This was a summer job starting in May and nobody even told me we have the machine until halfway through it.

Icing on the cake though, it turns out cart attendants are required to clean the mens and womens bathrooms. Its funny, because there was never any mention of this in the job description or orientation. So I did that for the first 2 months until I was told to clean up blood on the ladies bathroom floor. Then I just stopped doing it and said that I did.
>>
File: 1476062900251.jpg (30KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1476062900251.jpg
30KB, 512x512px
>>1960201
2.) Produce Team Member

Much better worklife. I could be sociable with my coworkers. As far as retail jobs go, pretty nice gig. The only problem was my gay boss who took the job way too seriously. He also kind of resented me because he knew I was going back to college. I work in finance now, but he was still the worst boss I've ever had. Did things like snap his fingers in my face to get my attention like a dog. He also consistently threatened my job for menial things like forgetting to write the received date on a box of asparagus. I was also treated as incompetent despite having a college degree (in history which is why I was working at Target lol). My boss never trusted me to make $2,000 orders of vegetables for the store, which is pretty funny considering 2 years later I'm now the sole analyst for a ~$20 billion debt portfolio at a major lifeco.
>>
>>1960201
>>1960202
The main silver lining to this job was eating. Within the first 2 weeks I found out one of my coworkers was a /fit/izen who browsed 4chan all the time. After he found out I do the same and I lift, he tells me the secret to how he makes gains when working and needing 4000-5000 calories a day while working. He takes me to the produce cooler where theres a cart full of pic related, including the protein shake flavors. He tells me he drinks 3 of those per day while in our hidden corner of the store that has no cameras. He then demonstrates the process by slamming one down in 3 seconds flat. I immediatley started doing that every day, drinking anywhere from 3-5 shakes per 8 hour work day. Literally half of my 4500 calorie intake came from protein shakes, I was taking in 300+ grams of protein a day. But I didn't stop there, I ate fine deli meats and cheeses, and pastries from the bakery. All in all after 10 months of working there, I gained 30lbs intentionally for my bulk, and I estimate that I drank $2,000 worth of protein drinks, and another $1,000 of miscellaneous food. I kind of regret it now though, but I'm also proud somewhat too which I feel guilty for.

So AMA if you're interested in anything. I'm sure other Target slaves/ former slaves have interesting stories which I'd love to read if you got some
>>
>>1960201
Wasn't Target, but where I worked cleaning the bathrooms was a "rotating" assignment that inevitably got pushed on whoever the person in charge that day didn't like.

The best part about getting promoted was that I didn't have to clean the bathroom ever again, assigning it to who I didn't like instead.
>>
GOT-DAMN THOSE GIRLS WITH THE TIGHT ASSES AND BIG TITTIES
>DEM KHAKIS
JUST WANNA MOUNT THEM FAMPAI
>>
>>1960201
I worked at Barnes and Noble for two years. One day I found a stall in the mens restroom was covered in shit. The toilet, pipes, back wall, side wall, floor, and inside of the door were splashed with liquid shit. Some of it was even on the wall outside. I told my manager what I found and til him I would not be cleaning it. He accepted that and got someone else to do it instead. When it comes to body fluids you have to put your foot down.
>>
>>1959612
I worked there when I was 18. I hated it but it was mostly because of scheduling. I'd close at midnight and have to be there at 5 am to help open. I would fall asleep on my break. They also wouldn't give me or anyone else full time because they didn't want to give us a benefits. Every other job I've had in my life was more enjoyable.

>>1960058
This too. It was corporate as fuck. They would tell us store profits everyday but rarely did anyone get more than a 10 cent raise. You'd have single moms begging you for your shifts because they needed the hours and target would give it to them.

I did like my boss though, he was an old black weeaboo and was pretty nice.
>>
File: 879.jpg (55KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
879.jpg
55KB, 600x480px
>>1960118
>>1960164
No I got hired shortly after Job's passing. Although I will say he's an undisputed Christ figure among everyone who's employed for obvious reasons. I definitely admire his mentality to this day but I see him as a opportunist and man of action whereas I know others probably do seem as the messiah..

Anyway, yeah its box of steel and glass and your surrounded by people who are bought in to this strange hive mind of being the optimum servant for other humans (at an Apple Store) and having any opinion that sways from the "mind" will get you nowhere. They expected YOU to be products of Apple just like iPhones, iPads, and iMacs instead of people with emotions. So you know...like absolute shit. And that's how it was ran from the top down. They just look for people who are easily suggestible and use trigger vernacular to get people to do whatever. Mind control. Very strange conduct. Great products (although on the decline unless their AR currently in development is out of this world)
I'll probably write a book on my experience one day in a scenario where I actually feel like I'd get something out of it. Probably won't. idfc.
>>
>>1960990
*you're treated like absolute shit
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.