[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the dog days are over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 878.png (249KB, 1400x680px) Image search: [Google]
878.png
249KB, 1400x680px
I need to move out of my parents house. I have a job, work 40+ hrs a week. I'm 30 years old. How much do I need to save up before I can move in peace? The number I've heard is 7k but that seems kinda high.
>>
>>1959277
depends where u live
>>
>>1959282
I live in MA
>>
>>1959287
I own and rent property in both NH and MA

If you're moving closer to work, you won't need that much of an emergency fund. The fact of the mater is that cost of living in this area is just very high. You should be more concerned with how much rent can you afford to pay rather than how much you need in liquid holdings
>>
>>1959277
>30 years old
>DOesn't have $7k saved up

wtf??
>>
>>1959316
I'm a freespirited artist who was neet for years then forced to get a job recently
>>
>>1959323
How much are you making a year after taxes?
>>
Dude you can save up 7k in like 4-6 months at a not shitty job
>>
>>1959323
>then forced to get a job recently

What do you mean by forced? you thought you'd happily live as a NEET until 60 years old?
>>
>>1959326
I've only worked there for a month, but I make 14/hr

>>1959327
the job is kind of shitty anon

>>1959343
my dad forced me to get off my ass after being neet since 2013. I made all types of excuses, but it was getting too annoying. Now I cant wait to move out and get on tinder and start fucking and drinking again
>>
>>1959358
You can't afford your own place in MA with that income. Please tell me you have potential roommates.
>>
>>1959358
That's barely over minimum wage anon. You're going to have to find roommates or live in the ghetto. I'd rather kill myself.
>>
>>1959364
I'll have to get roomies from craigslist.
>>
>>1959323
> freespirites artist
So an artist with no skill?
>>
You should have expenses for several months, including shit like car breaking down.

7k is reasonable, make sure you won't have to dip into it for day to day expenses
>>
OP,

I'm 30, making $52/hr with 35k saved up AND I still live with my parents. There is no real reason to love out. I am Chinese so it might be more socially acceptable for me to stay.

Please reconsider moving out. Your financial burden accumulates over time. Think of how much passive income you'd get if your savings is not going towards rent or living costs of living alone.
>>
>>1959358
You're not going to go anywhere in MA with $14/hr. You might be able to get a shit hole studio somewhere but rents are pretty in MA. I live right near Andrew Square and pay $1800/mo for a one bedroom apartment.

What kind of commute do you have and where are you working? This is a huge deal in the area.
>>
>>1959531
>Living in Boston itself

Do you just hate money?
>>
>>1959277
>the dog days are over
Improperly used idioms sound incredibly stupid.

That's all I have. Carry on.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.