[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I really need insurance?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0617.jpg (32KB, 495x297px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0617.jpg
32KB, 495x297px
Is it worth it? Is it legal to not have it? I'm 26, so for 8 years now I've been dropping 700 a year on car insurance. So $5,600 for NOTHING.
I've literally had nothing happen to my car where my insurance has covered me. Why should I do it
>>
It was nothing, it was for insurance. That's the point of insurance: to cover you in the unlikely event that something does happen so you aren't wiped out.

To answer your question, you have to have car insurance. Your state will fine and penalize you if you don't.
>>
it is illegal to be uninsured and driving but you can find out what the minimum amount/type of car insurance is in your state and just do that
>>
Check your state laws to see if you are required to carry auto insurance, and if so, the minimum coverage and limits. This really isn't difficult.
>>
>>1958913
car insurance is a scam

literally the only "insurance" you should have is a term life insurance plan you bought in your 20's for a 40 year period
>>
>>1958929
Car insurance is not a scam.
Health insurance is not a scam.
Homeowner's insurance is not a scam.

Term life insurance isn't a scam either, but you only need it if you have dependents.
>>
>>1958936
>car insurance

scam
>health insurance

not a scam

>homeowner insurance

depending on policy offered to you (flood protection for people in deserts, tornado protection for people who have and will never see a tornado willingly drafted by the policy maker to squeeze extra charges from the homowner, outright writing out coverage for major incidents (fire, internal plumbing failure, etc)

>life insurance

You die and whoever you love or have next in line gets cash from your carcass. Literally the beast deal ever if you get a term plan in your 20's for a 40 year period because it's insurance against you dying in your prime money making years.

Not all insurance is created the same.
>>
>>1958913
Welcome to the great American Jew. Where you don't own anything and you pay each month to insure it
>>
>>1958936
car insurance is definitely a scam, unless you're a shit driver who will be found at-fault.

You're right about the others, though. They all serve a purpose. Funny how car insurance is the only one mandated by the government though; the one that is least necessary for upstanding citizens to have, is the one that every upstanding citizen needs to have in order to ensure we can put the niggers and cholos in jail when they wind up causing an accident and not being able to pay up for the damages.

I would much rather have an umbrella policy that covers liability for accident coverage than have to worry about minimum coverage on vehicle insurance. That shit's a total scam, and it's so much more expensive BECAUSE of the fact that everyone is required by law to have it.
>>
File: 1491895696669.jpg (95KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1491895696669.jpg
95KB, 900x900px
>>1958994
> I believe I am a good driver so I will never have accidents
> I prayed Jesus and Muhamad before driving so I'm immune
fuck you. I hope you end up in prison with a huge lifelong debt you owe to the person you hate the most.
>>
>>1959009
Well, I'm 29, and have never been in an accident, so I don't just believe I'm a good driver, I'm pretty positive I'm a good driver.

I also do have car insurance, because I'm not gonna let some gook broadside me without insurance and then have to worry about how I'm going to pay for the recovery. Let the insurance company worry about that; I just hate being mandated to have specific coverage types by my state government because some poor nigger can't afford to insure his donk deathmobile.

Stupid people ruin society, and should be euthanized.
>>
>>1959017

>Well, I'm 29, and have never been in an accident, so I don't just believe I'm a good driver, I'm pretty positive I'm a good driver.

The average crash rate in the United States is about two crashes per million vehicle-miles traveled. It's highly unlikely in no more than thirteen years of driving that you've accumulated enough driving time to draw conclusions about your propensity to avoid what are statistically rare and random events.
>>
>>1958913
>Why should I do it
because you're a law-abiding citizen that deems himself above gypsy behavior (driving uninsured)
>>
>>1958953
>Health insurance
What if you get sick
>>
>>1958994
>That shit's a total scam, and it's so much more expensive BECAUSE of the fact that everyone is required by law to have it.
Actually it's much cheaper because everyone is required to have it
>>
>>1958913
Imagine this:

>Get rid of car insurance
>The day after you do, you somehow hit a car with five spics (everyone's the best driver ever until they have accidents)
>You get sued not only to cover the property damage of their car, but each one brings a personal injury case against you
>Your car also is damaged
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.