[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meme Degree

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: fat bitch.jpg (302KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
fat bitch.jpg
302KB, 1024x1024px
I'm in the UK at a top 20 university and I'm about to complete my meme degree (English) in less than two weeks.

I'm predicted to get a 2:1, which means I'm able to do a years Masters course in subjects that don't require a specific degree if I wanted to. One of these is Computer Science.

Should I do a CS Masters or is it a meme too? I'm just worried my degree is too much of a meme and I'll end up working dead end wageslave job. If I bite the bullet and do another year in something practical, maybe I'll be able to get a good job, be able to invest in shitcoins and buy a Lambo and go to the moon.
>>
What do you actually want to do with your life?

You can probably find something between 25k and 40k per annum with any degree from a top 20 institution.

That's enough to impregnate some roastie and buy a small property someone outside London. No matter what you study you're going to wageslave for your boss for the rest of your life if you want to have a family unless you start your own business or learn how to trade.
>>
>>1956056
>What do you actually want to do with your life?
Make money.

I don't want to impregnate a roastie, I hate kids and they are a financial drain.
>>
>>1956024

I'm curious as to how an english degree prepares you for the work required for a master's in C.S..
>>
>Degree in English

Why are you even here?
>>
>>1956024

Go teach English in china, you might only make around $2000usd/month but the apartment will be provided and you can survive on basically nothing. Use the remaining money to invest

Find a local rich girl who likes foreigners, and marry into money, easy life

That's what I'd do if I had an english degree
>>
>>1956368
It doesn't at all, the uni has it listed as a 'transfer' type deal, a crash course kind of thing maybe. It says you probably wont be accepted if you already have a CS bachelors because it has crossovers with that.

>>1956373
Because I got memed and need to salvage my life.

>>1956394
Making a shit wage in a shit country doesn't seem to make much sense as when you move back home you'll still be poor.
>>
File: painting.jpg (57KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
painting.jpg
57KB, 300x199px
>meme degree
Look, I'll give you some insight. I studied accounting and I sometimes wish I had studied english. Why? Because accounting is the type of degree where you need to get a bunch of industry experience and certifications before you can actually "cash in" on your degree, but english courses teaches you an actual skill that you can use at once. Yes, you heard me, a SKILL. Did you know that sometimes companies "write" stuff? They write advertisements, press statements, manuals, webpage texts, etc. When they do that, they want someone who knows how to write very fucking correctly. And if you don't wanna work in some super-corporate environment I can think of at least a dussin things you can do if you truly know and command your language. Freelance journalism, ghost writing, proofreading, etc.

See, people tend to get this very childish view of degrees, where some degrees and considered SUPERCERIAL and comes with CERIOUS MANEY, eg. chemistry, finance, mathematics, and the rest are basically lol-tier McDonalds degrees, eg. politcal science, human geography and psychology. I once knew a girl who studied gender science. Right now she works as an "equality advisor". See, a degree is what you make of it.

Moreover, the point of a degree isn't just job training, but also credibility within a certain field. Did my friend learn any practical skills during her gender studies? No, she did not. Yet, whenever a discussion arises about something related to "men and women", then people tend to listen to her. She gets a certain authority. And so will you anytime a text is discussed.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.