[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Hey biz, how do I take myself out of my shithole Balkan country and make a decent living?

Currently 26 with decent telecoms/IT experience, but not in programming, wagecucked hard my entire life and caught in a downwards spiral
>>
>>1955745
>how do I take myself out of my shithole Balkan country and make a decent living?

Move to Europe or the US.

What's the average monthly wage down there these days? 400-500 euro?

Impossible to advance that way.
>>
>>1955750
I would, in a heartbeat, but not so easily achievable since no work permit in EU without a work contract and no work contract achievable without a work permit, kind off hard to break loop. US is out of league unfortunately, since I'd love to move there.
You guessed right, that's an above average wage after taxes
>>
>>1955754
Well then you're stuck. It's impossible to advance in those economies because of their developing nature, especially when the local governments are either incapable, falling apart, or corrupt as hell and thus preventing necessary reform. Wages remain down.

Your only hopes are to:
1. find a ubiquitous tech/programming job that pays better and doesn't require physical presence
2. try starting a business (rather hard and demanding in that region, especially with limited economies and no guarantees of success)
3. Get involved with corrupt politicians/politics and/or the local oligarchs
>>
>>1955761
Yes, pretty much stuck.

3 is out of option, because I already can't stand those people.

2 is my target, but you already did a good analyze of it, so I'm left only with the 1.
My job is quite comfy and doesn't require much effort from me, but that is one of the reasons that I have started to hate it. Would be better if I didn't have to come and stay here all day just to browse 4chan from my phone...
>>
>>1955785
Out of curiosity: what sort of IT/telecom experience do you have?
>>
>>1955785
Another bad thing in these countries is that you can't do anything with your peanut savings.
Currently sitting on $15K because the only place where I could invest them is bank deposits with ridiculous interests.
Having that sweet 8% return rate from index funds would be something...
>>
>>1955793
Thus the wondrous world of unregulated cryptocurrencies/assets, where you can park your money in Bitcoin as a store of value and see it go nearly 100% in a year. Hell, I made just 10% in the past day just from a different token.

This is why people on the board are crazy about crypto.
>>
>>1955791
I've touched almost everything IT and fixed voice related, from operating systems, databases, small and large scale PBXes, virtualization and such...
My weakest point is IP networking, on which I have only general knowledge.
But the worst part is that I have always been a Jack of all trades, jumping from project to project just to make things done. I was and still am pretty good at fixing stuff, but this has left me without a proper field of expertise
>>
>>1955799
But isn't it just a meme?? I am being tempted more and more to give it a try, because watching my savings getting bitten by inflation just makes me feel even sadder
>>
>>1955803
Oh no, its real. It's just that /biz/ is desperate, autistic, uneducated, and greedy. Half of the time they don't care WHY something goes up; they just want (or hope) it will. You can't trust them to paint an accurate picture half the time.

There is a reason why Argentinians, Venezuelans, Indians, and others park their money with Bitcoin: its much fucking better than their home currencies.
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/03/magazine/how-bitcoin-is-disrupting-argentinas-economy.html
https://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/2017/02/03/why-venezuelas-currency-crisis-is-a-case-study-for-bitcoin/#448ef3c819b2
https://www.forbes.com/sites/krnkashyap/2016/12/22/indias-demonetization-is-causing-bitcoin-to-surge-inside-the-country/
>>
>>1955810
>It's just that /biz/ is desperate, autistic, uneducated, and greedy. Half of the time they don't care WHY something goes up; they just want (or hope) it will. You can't trust them to paint an accurate picture half the time.

Have noticed that, and that's why I have hesitated so much, because I don't want to gamble with my savings.

I didn't browse so often in the past, and every time I came here, there was a long post shilling the next coin.

Do you recommend any good source of information for getting started?
>>
>>1955820
https://bitcoin.org/en/getting-started

https://www.cryptocoincharts.info/markets/info

http://scet.berkeley.edu/wp-content/uploads/BlockchainPaper.pdf
>>
>>1955827
Thanks a lot
>>
>>1955745
I feel you bro..i'm living too in a shithole Balkan country with a degree in EE ...and i start to fking hate my job.I want to do something with my saved money (1k atm).
Dont know how to continue..feel depressed and i will either move in the West or try the stock market.
>>
is it a shithole banlkan country in the EU? If not you should apply for a German blue card
>>
>>1956558
Move my friend, if you got a chance move and don't look back.
If you are worried about family, try to work at least 5 years in the West.
You could always return, with a better experience and savings
>>
>>1956581
No man, it's not. If it were I would be eligible to live and work in the EU, but since it's not, and not entering in the near future as the odds are, I need that work permit. But to get a work permit, you need a job, and it's hard to get a job without a work permit or at least without decent German language
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.