[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

transcribing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Is this a decent job for the summer? Could I make 15 bucks hour at least? What should I do in the summer? I'm tired of mowing lawns in the Sun and looking dirty all summer
>>
Sure if you change bucks to cents
>>
>>1955341
The top transcribers make $100 - $150 a WEEK. That's 12 hours of transcribed audio per week. 1 hour of audio takes an EXPERIENCED transcriber 4 hours.

So that's 12x4 = 48 hours of work a week for $100 - $150, or roughly $2 - $3 per hour.

And trust me, that's the top 1% of transcribers. It is not humanly possible to transcribe for 8+ hours a day. There aren't always enough files, let alone enough files with clear audio to transcribe. It just isn't worth it.
>>
>>1955341
uh, no experience on any of this, but, practice your WPM first if you actually plan on getting serious on such a thing, i thought i typed fast and for this class i had to transcribe some interviews, had to rewind all the fucking time.

you are probably gonna need 150 wpm or higher to be any efficient
>>
>>1955505
>150 wpm
not even 0.01% of the population can achieve this speed

110-120 is more realistic for someone who's on their PC all day every day.

Also, typing speed has literally 0 effect on your overall speed. What has an actual effect is how good your hearing is and how well you can fill in the blanks.

The reason why I say that typing speed has little effect is because human speech is never clear and straightforward. There's plenty of false starts and filler words that'll demolish your typing speed, because in clean verbatim, for example, you have to leave those out.
>>
File: 1490637873421.png (66KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1490637873421.png
66KB, 225x225px
>>1955341
Even if you could make $15 an hour (not possible) you wouldn't have the mental discipline required to do this for hours. It sounds like an easy way to make money, but it's a lot more of a pain in the ass than it initially seems.
>>
>>1955520
This a million times. I was dedicated as fuck because I really needed the cash, but even I couldn't do this for more than 3-4 hours a day. After a week of doing this, my fingers even started getting numb randomly.
>>
>>1955341
You should just do English tutoring. More money and less stress
>>
>>1955519
>not even 0.01% of the population can achieve this speed
the population doesnt give a fuck about typing fast at all
fucking airport people who have to type in data all the time type with 2 fingers

>110-120 is more realistic for someone who's on their PC all day every day.

i do this, i can achieve 100 wpm with like 10 minutes of practice, 150wpm should be easy for anyone trying seriously. People do shit that's waaaaaaaay harder with instruments.

>What has an actual effect is how good your hearing is and how well you can fill in the blanks

fill in blanks? i thought you typed the whole thing. and if you've transcribed stuff before you'll know that going even a tiny bit slower than the person is talking will cause you to rewind, which is where you waste like 80% of your time.

either way it's probably not worth any money kek
>>
>>1955543
It really isn't worth your time. Also, if you type as fast, or faster than the person who's talking (like me), you'll run into a hundred false starts, which will then make a 180 degree turn and you'll have to rewind to make a sense of the entire sentence.

You cannot transcribe without rewinding 1-2 seconds all the time, it's impossible.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.