[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Actual shitpost, sorry.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: github-logo.png (8KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
github-logo.png
8KB, 1200x1200px
What the fuck does GitHub provide?
A lot of alt coins use it to display information but what can I do with it? What's special about GitHub over there own website?
Genuinely asking what actual use can be. I've read the gist of it and from what I've got it's an open platform for developers to discuss programs with each other but what actual benefit does an alt coin get from using Github over any other platform?
I'm confused over this matter, so any help would be great. Thanks
>>
>>1954774

>What the fuck does GitHub provide?

GitHub provides free code repository hosting, project management tooling, and a search engine for open source applications and codebases

>what actual benefit does an alt coin get from using Github over any other platform?

the open platform allows anyone on the internet to look at the code, and if they are able to improve it somehow, they can fork the repository, commit changes, then make a pull request to the original repository where the original developers can review and comment on the changes
>>
>>1954774
You are so ignorant you can't even begin to grasp the concept of GitHub.

Developers upload their code to github, everyone can see it unless they decide to make it private. Since you aren't a developer you don't understand the problems of working along with other developers. GitHub fixes this issue by allowing them to merge piece of their code without modifying the rest of the programmed project. That functionality is just "Git", Github is a platform for online communication based on that version control system (git).
>>
>>1954774
>What the fuck does GitHub provide?
Free hosting, brand recognition

>What's special about GitHub over there own website?
Normies like github. Mostly they don't realize git and github aren't the same thing. (Threw me off to tbqhdesu)
>>
bitbucket is better
>>
File: 200.jpg (14KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
200.jpg
14KB, 200x200px
>>1954796
>>1954879
Thanks /biz bros, helpful answers.

Even this faggot >>1954799
>Thank you for the information
>kys
>>
>>1955077
Kys gitlab is best
>>
>>1955102
is that christian
>>
>>1954796
>GitHub provides free code repository hosting, project management tooling, and a search engine for open source applications and codebases
If you get pronouns wrong in a code comment or name a variable something that can be perceived as satirizing a "feminist programming language," they'll delete your work.

It's "free" as long as you advance their political agenda.
>>
>>1955182
Did GitLab recover from the DB deletion incident in February?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.