[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scrub tier investor here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: rickybobby.jpg (218KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
rickybobby.jpg
218KB, 700x467px
>be 25
>single and no dependents
>making around 70k a year

I have money I should invest but have no clue where the fuck to start. Where did /biz/ go to learning about investment strategies. Where I go to learn how to be a god tier trader?
>>
>>1951181
>investment
>trading

I think you first need to go and learn the difference between these two, friend.
>>
>>1951181
www.google.com
>>
>>1951181
By own experience
>>
>>1951206
I understand the difference. As far as retirement goes I've looked at some long term investment options. Seems like I should put some money into mutual funds and let them do the work year to year (probably the lazy pleb option I know). Additionally I'd like to do some trading on my own with the intention of increasing my income. I only work 3 days a week currently and have a lot of free time during the week. Instead of blowing money on beer and strippers I'd like to do something productive.
>>
>>1951242
Then say you want trading strategies instead of investment strategies, so as to not confuse the few long-term investing guys on this board who feel surrounded by trading nuts.
>>
File: 1485448499545.png (130KB, 346x406px) Image search: [Google]
1485448499545.png
130KB, 346x406px
>>1951181
go here
then go to coinbase
buy eth
last chance before the moon-- MAJOR players coming on board
>>
>>1951181
>Go here
>Then go to Coinbase
>Buy Trump Coin The Best Coin™
>Last chance before Andromeda
>MAJOR players coming on board.
>>
Don't be a tard. Long-term investments (+1 years) are your way to go. Trust me, your odds are better with long-term investing, and it's much easier to find companies and determine they're going down the right path in the long-term than the short-term.
>>
File: 1489776976023.jpg (69KB, 587x627px) Image search: [Google]
1489776976023.jpg
69KB, 587x627px
>>1951412
Is Coinbase really the best place to buy ETH?

I'm about to dump $500 into Ethereum sometime in the next 10min, please help
>>
so your marginal tax rate is 25%
and you want to "trade"
meaning short term capital gains at federal and state levels in addition to brokerage fees with every single trade you make

do you need to do the math here or can you see by this point alone how fucking stupid of an idea this is?
>>
>>1951242
Mutual funds... Jesus.
You have a long way to go when you're looking at mutual funds as a long term investment.
>>
>>1951484
I make trades weekly. I buy a stock, if it goes up $100 profit, i sell.
If it goes down 10%, I buy some more. I repeat this process indefinitely trying to diversify as much as possible.

Sofar I have made a 12% on my investment. Which is after capital gains tax and brokerage.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.