[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop being a NEET

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (211KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
211KB, 500x378px
>inb4 just get a job you dumb nigger xD xD
>suck dicks xD xD
>buy milocoin xD xD

A more thoughtful and informed response would be much appreciated. Thanks
>>
>>1948045
If you can't or don't want to get a job, you might have deeper mental problems. (Social anxiety, depression...) You need to treat yourself and work on your mind before you start to make money.

I'm a neet for four years now but lately I'm working in myself. Still don't want to get a wageslaving job but I'm getting more creative with finding other income sources. Protip: get out for a walk/run preferably in the nature, every day even if you don't feel like it.
>>
alaska food processing
>>
File: 1491564921135.jpg (44KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
1491564921135.jpg
44KB, 500x522px
>>1948045
We are currently developing an app for that with some /Biz/ users, if you're interested give me your (trowaway) e-mail adress
>>
>>1948058
I agree 100%
Great mental health spawns new opportunities in ways you would least expect.
>>
If you had bought ETH the last time we told you, less than 5 weeks ago, you would be rich by now.

I'm telling you again: Buy ETH.
>>
>>1948204
>>1948058

I would argue that putting yourself out there by getting a job, making some money, and meeting potential friends would help those mental issues a lot more than therapy would.

Getting a job that forced me to interact with people helped my social anxiety more than therapy ever did.
>>
>>1948183
Not OP but I would
[email protected] is my email
>>
>>1948045

Step 1: Get off 4chan you lazy piece of shit
Step 2: Write a resume-- 1 page, volunteering experience, work experience, school experience, your skills
Step 3: Go on all job sites, send out your resume to every single job
Step 4: Write custom cover letters. Don't be a lazy piece of shit. Just do it
Step 5: Look at your local newspaper, email/call any potential employees
Step 6: Look at job groups on Facebook in your local area, apply for everything

THIS WILL NOT BE EASY
THIS WILL NOT BE EASY
THIS WILL NOT BE EASY
THIS WILL NOT BE EASY
THIS WILL NOT BE EASY

It's not meant to be easy. You'll be a better person for powering through.
>>
>>1948045
i don't know how this whole "NEET" thing happens. You're supposed to start working when you are a teenager in high school. Your parents fucked up bigtime anon.
>>
>>1948045
It's really not that hard.
>>
>>1948362
as a former neet, the weirdest shit that happened to me when i got my retail job was how quickly my social skills increased relative to my confidence. i would get invited to parties and have girls in retrospect telling me they were down to fuck, but i was so ashamed of my life that i couldn't take it.
>>
>>1948362
Therapy is useless. Medication works far better. Even nootropics works for a lot of people.
>>
>>1948362
I didn't suggest therapy.
>>
>>1948045
Make small goals. Write them on a piece of paper and repeat them to yourself everyday to train your subconscious. Try it for a month and see what happens

>>1948058
This is good advice
>>
File: 1322973124594.png (207KB, 480x851px) Image search: [Google]
1322973124594.png
207KB, 480x851px
just be a NEET OP

its the best choice.
>>
>>1948045
>Establish clear, achievable goals
>Stop making excuses.
>Start to embrace challenges and frame failures as lessons
>Stop making excuses
>Think about what you really want in life and start thinking of what's standing in the way between you and getting it, carefully plot out these obstacles and the ways you're going to overcome them while remembering that it's okay to ask for help, but don't expect everything just to be handed to you on a silver platter
>Understand what a "locus of control" is, and the self-fulfilling prophecy of thinking you're in control
>Seek out mentors or even role models, people who are smart and have done shit with their lives that's worth doing. and LISTEN
>>
One word: Kneepads
>>
>>1948045
>>>1949223
>>
>>1948557
I did that and still have the same job now and still feel like shit
>>
>>1949331
you're supposed to feel like shit. that's what motivates you to look for a better job or education.
>>
I tried for years to get a job, ultimately what made the difference wasn't positive thinking, motivation, locus of control, willingness to start at the bottom or volunteer experience.

It was just squatting in a spare room and moving to a city with more entry level shit positions eg telesales.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.