[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying a car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1073.jpg (58KB, 680x657px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1073.jpg
58KB, 680x657px
I'm 19, enlisted and make roughly $1260 a month after taxes/retirement plan. I have no real expenses other than uniform items and haircuts, everything else is covered so let's say I have $1000 a month.

How would I go about buying a car? I don't have a credit score (I think). Do I NEED a car loan? Or can I just use a couple grand for down payment and then pay the monthly dues? Would the monthly payment get jacked up due to my lack of credit?
>>
Just save $1000 a month for a few months and then you can buy a car straight up cash.
>>
If transit system in Ur area is good. Suck it up and don't buy a car. Save up and start a business
>>
Also, do you understand what a car loan is? Making a down payment and then paying monthly 'dues' IS a loan.
>>
>>1947415
>buy a car in cash

This was fine in the 1950s, but financing is the smarter way to go.
>>
>>1947425
Not if you're getting a deal from a private seller by paying in cash it's not.

>inb4 0% financing and investing the difference
>muh leverage
>>
Listen to me, I used to be an E-1 too.

Save your money and buy cash from someone on your base. Do not go to a dealership, I promise you will get fucked.

People are always selling cars on a base. People get orders to go overseas so they sell their shitbox. Don't you have some kind of for sale message board on outlook?

If you HAVE to get a loan, try to go through a military credit union.
>>
>>1947434
>if use greentext I can make shit that everyone already knows sound dumb

If you want a used car, of course you're better off using cash upfront, tardlet. Not that I'd ever buy used from some rando because I'm not an idiot.
>>
>>1947438
Not trying to buy it now, going over seas for the next 2 years and I wanted a new yet affordable car and a focus st is what I'm going for
>>
>>1947453
Where are you going? Doesnt AAFES still do car sales for overseas members?
>>
>>1947443
The dude is 19 making $1260. Do you really think he's buying a new car? Do you think it's responsible to suggest that he buy a new car?

Frankly, buying a new car is one of the worst financial decisions you can make.

Also
>not knowing how to get a car checked out
Yeah, okay. You have fun with your giant waste of money while you think you are gaming the system by investing with a zero/low interest loan.
>>
>>1947453
Buy used. New cars are for chumps and people with extra money burning through their pockets.
>>
>>1947465
Hey, to each their own, tell him to enjoy that 80,000 mile cuckmobile when the converters blow out randomly.
>>
>>1947465
You see it at at a mere $1260 but, I have literally no expenses other than the occasional chevrons and weekly haircuts. Everything else goes straight to the bank
>>
>>1947529
>everything else goes straight to the bank
Which is where it should go. Buy the cheapest car that you can get that checks out and then save the rest, investing in the future.

Cars just need to get you from point A to point B. Anything you spend on them beyond that is a luxury that you shouldn't be wasting money on.
>>
>>1947378
Just find something reliable with like 30k miles on it for $10k tops
Honda Civic/Accord is always a good choice, Camrys tend to be overvalued (at least where I am) but they're very reliable
don't fall for the "fun to drive" meme, fun to drive usually means no fun for your bank account
don't get yuroshit, you'll be up to your elbows in repair bills very quickly
>>
>>1947378
Holy fuck, you're literally a meme. Save your money. Buy a cheap used jap car if you need one. Cars are one of the worst things you can do with your money.
>>
>>1947453
Biggest fucking mistake newbs make

Save 1500 and buy a car from someone thats leaving here (overseas) sonce they come and go every 2 years

Buying a car is a meme. Im a E4 making 4k a month (saving 2700 after rent and bills) and i drive a 93 bmw dude.

Then u have the dumb fucks e2 e3 buying mustangs and camaros and cant afford insuranve or fucking anything for that matter and are always broke and miserable and have no money saved to fix it when it breaks.

Invest in ETH, start a Roth IRA and buy stocks.

Nobody gives a fuck what u drive. You shouldnt give a fuck what anybody thinks. Drop your ego. 90% of the people i meet day to day in the military have like 500 in their bank account. Why do you care what someone like that thinks? Do you want to be one of them?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.