[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NYC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: tmp_608-1484223690473-484444968.png (27KB, 741x609px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_608-1484223690473-484444968.png
27KB, 741x609px
Is living in the city /biz/ approved? Pros/cons? Can a poorfag make it there?
>>
Only in the cheaper parts of it close to a subway stop. Pissing money away to avoid a 10 minute Subway commute for double rent is dumb.
>>
>>1946592
Idk man do you have a plan to sustain a living there?
>>
>>1946592
Only if you live like this guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BYoPUOXhVA

>buy laptop, sell everything else
>move into your cozy tunnel home
>buy gym membership so you have somewhere to shower
>spend the rest of your day squatting in some cafe while you build your affiliate marketing business over their wifi

you can do anon. i believe in you
>>
>>1946873
Heroes
>>
it's shit. the only way to make a decent living is with a city job and those are offered to residents first. (you'd have to wait 5 years). The only thing keeping me here is rent free housing thanks to my parents. Otherwise I'd get the hell out of this ugly dirty city.
>>
File: MCD__0020_Prizes_Online_Cash.png (164KB, 1166x1273px) Image search: [Google]
MCD__0020_Prizes_Online_Cash.png
164KB, 1166x1273px
See it this way.

Accountant in big city
> cog in a wheel

Accountant in a small city
> monopoly guy
>>
>>1946890
>Loser that lives with his parents giving advice
Welcome to biz
>>
>>1946890
>city jobs are offered to residents first
LOL

Companies literally PAY you to move their city ASAP if you just take the job
>>
>>1947128
>tfw
I make 40k now and live pretty well in my small city. Thinking about moving to NYC to make 100k plus doing the same thing, and when I look at the taxes and cost of living, it almost seems like a lateral move.
>>
It's not poorfag friendly. You better have a job and be prepared to grind fucking hard to keep it because you're always replaceable by someone who will be do the job better for less. Poorfag and hard working (60-80 hour weeks hard) usually don't mix well.
>>
>>1947658
I mean it probably will be but you'll be in NYC (which could be a pro or a con) with tons of connections and opportunities.
>>
>>1947658
Dude holy shit obviously you should do that
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.