[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have any of you used Robinhood or Stash for some small scale

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: robinhoodvsstash.jpg (66KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
robinhoodvsstash.jpg
66KB, 1280x720px
Have any of you used Robinhood or Stash for some small scale investments? I'd like to start working with the $500 I've saved up and while I know it's not a lot I have time and I would like to see it grow. Problem is, I don't shot shit when it comes to investing, are these good places to start for a beginner like me? Any beginner resources you would recommend?
>>
>>1945988
Are you new? we have a daily post limit reaching Robin Hood general famalam.
>>
>>1945988
I don't know what Stash Invest is but I use Robinhood for swing trading. It's fine for investing because you won't get raped by commissions but god help you if you try to day trade on it.

>Any beginner resources you would recommend?
Read everything on Investopedia.
>>
>>1945993
Yeah I'm usually over at /fit/ and /fa/ but now I want to get a little more serious about my money, aside from just throwing it all into my 401k
>>
>>1945997
Do not for the love of god think of this as a way to supplement your income from day 1. Start with small amounts, take some risks, and learn the kinds of lessons you can only learn by losing a large portion of your account.
As you get a better grasp of things and start winning more you can add more money to your account.

A good tip you should know up front is to never gamble on earnings reports or pharmaceutical data. Robinhood General loves to bet on both of these and they're usually wrong.
Another thing you need to know up front is that you shouldn't hold a leveraged ETF overnight. They decay over time. This does not stop a few people from Robinhood General from holding them for weeks, though.
>>
>>1946014
How you rank Bonds, ETFS and the like? And are there ways of investing in markets in a more macro way rather than individual companies?
>>
>>1946067
>How you rank Bonds, ETFS and the like?
I don't understand the question.

> And are there ways of investing in markets in a more macro way rather than individual companies?
Yes, buy index fund ETFs. Google "index funds." This is mathematically the most effective form of buy-and-hold investing, especially if you are unwilling or unable to do the hours of research necessary to find a stock that MIGHT beat the market over the next 10 years.
>>
>>1946080
>>How you rank Bonds, ETFS and the like?
In terms of risk and duration. I know this will come with experiences but generally speaking, which do you hold for longer vs selling quicker?

>>1946080
>Yes, buy index fund ETFs. Google "index funds." This is mathematically the most effective form of buy-and-hold investing, especially if you are unwilling or unable to do the hours of research necessary to find a stock that MIGHT beat the market over the next 10 years.
Great I'll look into that, penny stocks and quick trading will always be around but while I'm starting off and I have plenty of time I'm going to spend anyway. I'd like to do some more conservative investing now in a set-and-sit kind of manner, after I got a bit of a nest, then I would experiment in the fast lane.
>>
>>1946104
Go to Investopedia and read everything.
Bonds are a low-risk, low-reward asset you hold to hedge risk in a long-term portfolio. ETFs can be short- or long-term holds depending on what they track and whether they're leveraged.
>>
>>1946187
>Go to Investopedia and read everything.
I'm on it!
>>
Not a shill but I fucking love Stash. The fact that you can choose ETFs is huge given Acorns just takes your fucking money. they also do a great job selecting which to choose from- vanguard, istash, etc. Got 4% return until I put all my money into robinhood/savings. Great app, recommend
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.