[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tesla most valuable car company in world

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3172.jpg (134KB, 1200x627px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3172.jpg
134KB, 1200x627px
Is the Model 3 going to be the next Model T?
http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/10/investing/tesla-gm-market-cap/index.html
>>
BUBBLE
>>
File: tmp_7393-musk-99440300.jpg (23KB, 455x459px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_7393-musk-99440300.jpg
23KB, 455x459px
T O

T H E

M O O N

A N D

T H E N

O U T E R

F E C K I N

SPACE
>>
>>1945802
>most valuable car company in the world
What the fuck?
Have they ever had a profitable quarter?
>>
>>1945878

Amazon
>>
>>1945946
How long did it take Amazon to become profitable and what did their market cap look like beforehand?
>>
>>1945821
>>1945878
Irrational exuberance, if you aren't willing to go on based on the hype train/ animal spirits, just please don't short it. It's going to the moon and beyond and fuck the fundamentals.
>>
>>1945946
They got inertia and warehouse networks behind them, but the days of finding a deal on Amazon are GONE. Its all overpriced shit, thats now targetted towards hipsters with no car/lazy fucks who want delivery. If the software bubble pops, amazon will lose its prime customers.
>>
>>1945956
I'm not going to short it because I don't want to kill myself.
I'm thinking about dumping all two of the shares I bought on a whim a few months ago, though. This shit can't be sustainable.
>>
>>1945958

This. Literally everything on amazon is marked up. Only worth it if you get completely free shipping and want to bundle multiple items. Half the ads are a joke too, you think they would be more stringent in requiring pictures and descriptions. Anything not branded is Chinese shit too
>>
Tesla is obviously a giant bubble. Elon musk is a billionaire with his money in renewable resource technology and space travel. Oil and non renewables is where the money is, not space travel. Only a small number of people can actually afford his products and i know for a fact his solar panels and cars cost more to install/own than the amount of money they save you by owning them until they need to be replaced/repaired again. The consumer base of his company is rich people who have too much money and want to look rich and like they care about the environment and planet to their neighbors aka the 1%. Just try and name 1 super profitable renewables or space technology/travel company, you can't. Tesla is going up because of Elon's name and fame. The fact hes a genius and a billionaire. And because his company is always in the positive spotlight in the news. I dont see how his company will ever make back the total money spent running it from the ground up. Hes a nice guy and wants whats best for humanity but dont think for a second what hes selling is actually super profitable like Amazon.
>>
>>1946010
>>1945958
I got like $10 off Persona 5 with free shipping.
>>
>>1946020
You're wrong for 35k it will sell out like a new iphone
>>
>>1945821

Seconding this.

If the model X does not go great this stock is gonna drop.
>>
>>1946020

It's successful because you have big government R&D behind him, he doesn't need to turn a profit
>>
>>1945802
Not as surprising as you might think, non-premium auto is like the airline industry, very low profit margins. Tesla is just the sexy new brand, and also since they have gotten so much VC capital it means on paper they have a higher evaluation even if their cashflow doesn't reflect it

>>1945878
One last year I think

>>1945946
Amazon are a bit different in they have the massive networking effect at the moment, you try and undermine Amazon's reach and breadth of their products as a competitor... it'd be like going up against Coca Cola.

Tesla are still the Challenger entering the ring, not the incumbant like Amazon... right?
>>
>>1945821
Second. Vauxhall/opels new electtic got the model x beat on range, they do not have any edge over their competition, they sell overpriced low quality driveable blenders.
>>
>>1946039
It's all about the Model 3 now. They are saying they will start shipping in late 2017 and are forecasting 500k deliveries for 2018 (a complete joke).
What's important to notice, is that they NEED to raise capital every year to stay solvent, so they generous funds behind them, like for example Fidelity.
This means they have to make unrealistic forecasts like the 35k base price for the model 3.
The moment when the big funds leave the train, it's quickly going to 0$
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.