[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is living all interest a meme or is it possible? Pretty much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1490526919523.jpg (270KB, 850x965px) Image search: [Google]
1490526919523.jpg
270KB, 850x965px
Is living all interest a meme or is it possible? Pretty much everybody I know claim that if they win the lotto. They would just live off the interest.
>>
Obviously not a meme if you have enough capital and aren't looking to live large off the interest.
>>
>>1945359
If the interest is higher than your expenses, then yes, you can live on it. The fact that you had to be told this tells me that you are likely more retarded than the poorfags who would put $100,000,000 in a fucking savings account.
>>
>>1945359
I calculated I only need $7mil to live this way happily. If you have an extra $7m I'd like to please use it for my lifetime I'll will it back to your family in 30 or 40 years tops. ty
>>
>>1945359
>is math real
It sure is champ. Why don't you just use google next time
>>
It looks less like bank interest and more like a highly diversified stock investment portfolio from which you draw 3-5% per year, but yes.
>>
>>1945369

Smart people put their money in CD's. Guarantee OP wouldn't do that.
>>
>>1945417
>CD
not so fast grampa, bluray is here to stay.
>>
>>1945359
Fucking hell boy, if you win lotto your best bet is to learn how to write and correctly use grammar
>>
>>1945473
He doesnt have a gsrage full of laser disks as an investment.
>>
>>1945359
Just invest in blue chip high yield stocks. If you can average out a 4% yield, with 1.5 million dollars invested, even if the value of the stock goes down but the dividend doesn't you're bringing in 60k a year pre-tax. Sure, it's not a huge amount, but making 60k for managing a portfolio that requires little management is pretty good. As it's also a dividend it's free cash flow, and doesn't require you selling off any of the principle.

Now you might think 1.5 million is a lot of money, but it's really not and can be made in 10-20 years working at a middle of the road job paying roughly 50k a year if you know how to save and invest correctly.

More so, that dividend will continue to come in, regardless of how the market is doing, and as long as you know how to diversify you'll never lose too much of that income on a bad economic state. Even in 2008 when things went to shit, all of those blue chip stocks that pay 3%+ dividend, not only maintained their dividend during the dip but also increased it during that period. Also, for those of you who don't know conveying the dividend as a percent is misleading, as it's usually a flat rate and not actually a percent of the stock itself, so as the stock goes up or down it doesn't change the amount paid, it simply changes the percent yield. What does change the dividend is free cash flow and EPS.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.