[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Online Gambling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Anyone else here into online sports betting?

Any success stories? humble brags? strategies?
>>
Here's how you make big money:

> find a super small edge, could even by via backtesting
> market the shit out of the edge
> let other's lose their money while you take a cut of each transaction
>>
I made a living for 2 years before I completely ran out of viable options to open new books. Pinnacle is way too sharp to profit without considerable effort and exchanges similar and also small lays.
Didn't have any models but could pre-price certain football leagues fairly well, then just looked for quick value spots.
Onto poker now though where the value never dries up.
>>
>>1944445
>never dries up

I wish breh. It's gonna be over really soon. Expect to make at least 20% less next year when Pokerstars "tweaks" their VIP system. That is, if online poker doesnt get banned in your country. Even if you dont play on PS you are fucked because PS regs will move onto other sites. Not to mention that reg-fish ratio is getting worse day by day.
>>
>>1945007

can you explain the VIP system?
>>
live betting and round robbing
>>
>>1945395
>you play pots
>poker site takes small % of each pot
>that money add ups to few k $/month (depending on which stakes and how much you play)
>most sites give some of that money back to you (more you play, more % you get back)
>in 2016 you could get up to 70ish% of that money back on pokerstars
>in 2017 you can get 30ish% back, at best
>they still havent announced their exact plans for 2018 but the speculation is that they will reduce % you can get back to something miserable as 5-10%

Keep in mind, pokerstars is by far the biggest poker site in the world so if they do this, all other sites will also do it. Online poker is dead. Dont even bother with trying to learn in because it will take you a long time to learn it and it absolutely has no future.
>>
>>1945007
there are ups and downs anon, I'm making more than enough to live off atm playing fairly low stakes 12+ tables, rakeback doesn't make me much, on stars am only gold anyway. There are expanding markets though (china and india), and remember fish don't really care about rake.
>>
>>1944445

At what point do the books start banning you? I'm developing a NFL model as a learning project but I want to know how long could I ride it if it's successful.

Also, how would you go about staying under the radar?. Keep the bets small and steady?, lose every once in a while on purpose?
>>
UK based? Shameless affiliate link.

https://www.oddsmonkey.com/affiliates/affiliate.php?id=55108
>>
>>1945550
Usually they will limit, give you 10% - 1% of max bet, then continued profit will stop laying your bets altogether, all books are different though.

They usually take these measures if you follow similarly profitable betting patters (i.e you follow a tipster), if you profit in a market with low liquidity or if you enter markets early often. If you are mixed in a huge market with good lays and is balanced pretty well/ in line with elswhere, exchanges etc.. then you should be alright but profit is profit and they will eventually gub you.
Some books take measures without you even being in a profit.
Betting on NFL won't give off any signals, and you should be able to get lays with ease on most markets.
>>
turned $1k into $2.5k in about 3 weeks. Esports betting mostly. That was the first time I'd ever bet on anything. Good first experience. Now I'm getting into AFL which has many more props. I think there is real value in line bets and o/u. I'm still a total novice at betting, but I'm slowly forming a system that works for me. Gonna try it on next week's set of games.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.