[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is it rude to talk about money?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1216_cash-dollars_650x455.jpg (52KB, 650x455px) Image search: [Google]
1216_cash-dollars_650x455.jpg
52KB, 650x455px
how did this meme start? sharing knowledge about making money is one of the most important topics you could discuss. why dont people like to talk about it?
>>
200 a week after expenses feels bad if i eat out everyday
>>
>>1943414
Nobody wants others to know how much they make.
Poor people are embarrassed and rich people are afraid of being used.
>>
>>1943414
I'm thrilled to talk to people about how much money they make and how they do it, they love it and if you act dumb / of average means / not a threat they will give away plenty trying to tread on you. All the times I'm standing there wondering why the fuck somebody would be telling me so much is why I say as little as possible about what I'm doing.
>>
>>1943414
Because it leads to pissing contests and jealousy which breaks up friendships.
>>
If you make too little your family and friends talk shit behind your back

If you make too much your family and friends ask you for money/investment opportunities

Lose/lose situation
>>
File: juice.jpg (3MB, 4896x3264px) Image search: [Google]
juice.jpg
3MB, 4896x3264px
The Jews don't want their coworkers finding out how much each makes. This prevents them from becoming unhappy when finding they're underpaid and demanding more.
>>
>>1943785
If you make too much they also shit talk you while asking for some in the same breath
>>
>>1943490
listen to this guy. turn it around and give them the opportunity to humblebrag, they'll even like you for it at the end.
>>
Broke people are ashamed of making stupid choices and don't want to be adults and face reality, which they would be forced to do upon examining their finances more in depth.
>>
If you make more than your friends do it feels wrong to talk about money. It depends on the friend but many people can get jealous and think of you as some kind of braggart. The real pieces of shit will use you and try to leech of your money.
It's best not to discuss money with friends if you know you're not on the same level financially.
>>
>>1943414
It used to be fine to talk about money when people were more entrepreneurial. When small towns were a thing and people helped each other get by.

But now people don't talk about financial stuff in public because the majority of people are earning wageslave wages and trying to keep up with the Jones' making only incremental improvements of their situation and getting slowly sucked into the debt trap.

Imagine being a typical 40 year old wageslave making $20 per hour and finally being able to afford a new Toyota. Your old acquaintance from high school visits and starts talking about his 3rd company he started and how he upgraded his Jaguar to a new Bentley. How triggered would the wagie be?
>>
Why do people get jealous/triggered/upset when people are more successful than them?

So what if someone is better off financially than you are? In most cases, these people have done you no wrong, so I say: Good for them!

Seeing a successful person should motivate you to better yourself, set higher goals and strive for success yourself. They should not upset you in any manner or make you jealous.

You could even learn a thing or two from these people, and be a bit more like them someday if you apply yourself.

I don't understand why more people don't think this way.
>>
>>1943426
/thread
>>
>>1943414
Everyone has ups and downs in their life, and if the topic comes up when you're down in life it will take awhile to restore people's opinion of you. You can talk about money, but it's rude to talk about it personally. If you want to brag just talk about your job and say it's a 'very prosperous field." And if you want to know how much someone makes ask about their job, act interested, and compliment them saying that they're doing an interesting and important job, and casually talk about job prospects. Eventually the salary will slip out, but it's rude to try and force it like the OP implies.
>>
>>1943426
Basically this. I don't want my friends to feel bad, but I don't want them asking me for money either. I don't care how much they make either higher or lower, that has nothing to do with why we are friends.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.