[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my dad is thinking of buying a cotton candy machine. Here's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Cotton-Candy-e1444165061821.jpg (211KB, 700x378px) Image search: [Google]
Cotton-Candy-e1444165061821.jpg
211KB, 700x378px
So my dad is thinking of buying a cotton candy machine. Here's his plan.
>1. Sell Trans-Am for as much as he can
>2. Buy high quality cotton candy machine, vendor's license and supplies for cotton candy (he says that apparently it costs 2 cents to make a bag and he plans for to mark up to $6 bucks a bag)
>3. Go to some popular event with cotton candy machine
>4. Have us (there's four of us) go around and sell a fuckload of bags of cotton candy.
>5. Give half of profit from each runner to him, keep half for ourselves (he says most of it is being banked for more cotton candy supplies).
>6. Repeat 3-5 over the summer
>7. ???
>8. Profit!
At the waterfront on July 4th, he says we may sell 5000 bags, which turns out to be $3750 for each runner.
So, /biz/, I want to know how this is too good to be true and how much I'm getting screwed over, because I'm skeptical as fuck.
>>
File: 1491686135424.jpg (271KB, 2001x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1491686135424.jpg
271KB, 2001x1500px
>>
>>1940981
>$6 a bag
Dreaming m8
>>
File: smart.png (187KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
smart.png
187KB, 409x409px
cotten candy sucks honestly. but i could go for some snowcones. have a high tier organic snowcone and charge a dollar extra.
>>
You should be skeptical. If you sell 5000 bags in one day, that's over 8 bags per minute, every minute for a 10 hour day. Just the time it takes per transaction makes this estimate retardedly impossible. It's never gonna happen, especially at $6 per bag. No one likes that awful shit. What's the most you've ever paid for a bag of it?

You should tell your dad about this website, that way he can just lose money on retarded memecoins instead of ruin your holidays with his half-baked business ideas.
>>
>>1940981
> won't sell for more than $3
> can't be on ant private property
> vendors license may run a few hundred
> be lucky to sell 20 per day each
So you'll pull about $28/day if split 5 ways. 8/28= $3.5/hr
>>
I'd like to see this magical cotton candy machine that can output 5000 bags of this shit per day. People aren't going to pay $6 for old garbage you made the week before, it'll have to be fresh, that's the only way you could trick hipsters into paying that much.

This is the biggest one I could find and it produces 8 servings per minute:

http://www.concessionstands.com/SUPER-HIGH-OUTPUT-TORNADO

I'm guessing a "serving" is way less than what you'll have to offer for $6 a bag. So let's say it makes 4 bags a minute, it'll have to run for 21 hours with no time included for cleaning, filling with product, or cooling down to produce 5000 bags. I'm guessing this takes a fuck ton of sugar to make and sugar is probably around $1 a pound. Your dad is a fool, I'm sorry to say. Selling the "trans-am" should have been the first thing that tipped you off.
>>
>>1940981
dont sell the trans am
i sold mine and regret it
>>
>>1941127
Cotton candy is awesome.
>>
Make burritos insteads
>>
>>1941116
very cool. good for her.
>>
>>1940981
I'd go with popcorn or kettle corn. High markup and the smell will bring people in. Nobody older than single digits eats cotton candy
>>
>>1940981
horrible plan imo

try something else and put more thought into it
>>
>>1940981
damnit ricky you forgot to buy the damn sugar
>>
>>1941970

Last time I had street snacks it was some peanuts roasted with like, sugar or some shit, I can't really describe it but the smell had people gathering around it in London near Harrods it was incredible and they tasted amazing too.
>>
>cotton candy
>runners

what is your Dad some sugar drug lord or some shit?
>>
>>1942036
honey roasted / glazed nuts are the bomb
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.