[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CFA or Actuary?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled 1.png (20KB, 842x595px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled 1.png
20KB, 842x595px
What is the best career?
I love math and statistics. I love the markets, finance, economics, politics, history, etc.

What would be more stable and better in the long-run?
I'm finishing my third year in Econ and Fin.
Should I be taking any exam now or wait till next year?
>>
File: 1489716378575.jpg (17KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1489716378575.jpg
17KB, 225x225px
>>1940801
what no one will tell you these days is that econ is a poor mans finance.

pretty sure econ majors getting jobs is a meme.
>>
do cfa asap
>>
>>1941583
nice meme there.

finance makes you a jew tool
econ teaches you how to think and look at the world.
if you are smart, econ is a better choice.
I'm taking finance as well and compared to those tools that are only in finance, I am a genius.
>>
>>1941583
it's still true what you said. finance is better if you want a job and you are average.
but if you are smart, in the long-run, econ is better. that's my point of view.
>>
>>1940801

If you are third year and do not already have an actuarial internship lined up for this summer, you won't be getting an entry-level actuarial job when you graduate. This is true in the U.S., at least. Better plan on CFA.
>>
>>1940801
Actuarial is probably going to be a difficult career path if you aren't a math major.

While the raw curriculum for the earlier exams is pretty manageable the level of mathematical problem solving skills you need to pass even the preliminary 2 is not common outside of math/stats majors. And it gets quite a bit harder as you progress.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.