[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I start learning to code? I can be very autistic when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: heythere.png (16KB, 237x224px) Image search: [Google]
heythere.png
16KB, 237x224px
Should I start learning to code? I can be very autistic when I get into something.

Is it worth it Biz?
>>
>>1939747

Coding is probably the single safest skill to invest in right now. The demand will only keep going up.
>>
>>1939755
hypothetically, if I began to devote myself to it now, and especially over the summer, how long might it take me until I can find a decent job?
>>
>>1939757
If you're autistic about it, you can start in summer and be eligible for internships in fall. Not even bullshitting.
>>
>>1939768
I like that. I am currently in college, half way done but totally sick of it.

I would have liked to go to law school but it would take years before I could do anything, and those would be years of much harder work than it would likely take for me to get at least decently good at programming
>>
>>1939772
are you me?
two years left uni bro. its bullshit. none of what were doing aside from maybe data structures and algorithms is going to prepare us. companies are going to undercut you for not having a piece of paper though, so just finish it.
>>
>>1939774
That's the worst part. I'm not even in coding school. I am currently taking a psych degree... I will be finishing it though.
>>
>>1939775
try to see if you can switch your major to something like statistics or math. Unless you're going for your doctorate.
>>
>>1939777
it would be impossible without adding time to my degree. 2 years deep already.

The more I read though the more assured I feel this is a good choice for me.

https://www.thinkful.com makes me hopeful, I will try to take this course
>>
>>1939775
I was doing a double major in psych and philo and after 2 years I dropped it to pursue my coding calling. I took intro to programming and it changed me.
You're better off switching programs, it'll end up being more cost/time effective cause you'll have to do a masters/doctorate to do anything with a psych degree.
A good place to start coding is SoloLearn. Its an app as well as a website, its got arguably the largest programming community on the net and the community is very supportive of novices.
>>
I want to start programming but I am 23 with a background in philosophy which i dropout from. ive pursued stock trading full time over the past year. While I earn decent money trading find it extremely emotionally taxing and stressful. I only have basic arithmetic for maths and cannot do algebra. Will j be hindered?
>>
No you are a stupid fag
>>
>>1939747
Programming is a low entry skill but with a very high learning curve. I won't recommend it unless your really motivated by it(e.g programming at the age of of 12).
>>
>>1939989
Limited? Yes
Hindered? Not really. Time isn't on your side though. Takes years to git gud.
>>
Programming is an increadibly frustrating career path because

A) You never ever get to do anything by yourself at any major company because the routines, the frameworks, your workhours, your tasks, everything is laid out for you. Shutting up and executing is all you get paid for, and you will not develop any personal skills, which will cripple you in the long run.

B) The industry keeps changing at the fastest pace. ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, jQuery, ruby? Its changing every year, and they keep hiring young graduates and employing them for a couple of years, then spitting them out once your skills don't match their arbitrary framework any longer. Don't get fooled by the bean bags and the smoothie bar, you are their bitch and you pay with your life.

C) (most important) You need analytical thinking, and this is something you can only learn to an extent. Just because you are able to speak the language does not mean you can be a succesfull lawyer (bad example, but I think you get the point).
>>
>>1940103
Are A and B really true? And is ageism real?

I don't think I could see myself being a full-time programmer. Having to stare at a computer all day, constantly keep updating my skills, and only interact with autists. Going to hackathons, doing side projects, and making $100k+ in SV doesn't interest me at all, unlike my classmates.

I am thinking of switching from CompE to EE. Or maybe MechE or CivilE, but those grads don't get paid as much; however if the work was interesting and varied, I would consider them more.
>>
>>1940210
Go EE
>>
>>1940229
Ok
>>
>>1939775
Apply for a MLIS. You can unironically bullshit that degree as IT related
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.