[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most useful math subject to know for finance?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

What is the most useful math subject to know for finance?
>>
>>1938402

What is statistics? for 200
>>
nonlinear spectral calculus
>>
>>1938406
Can you explain me why?
>>
>>1938411
Explain why please
>>
>>1938412

Most (if not all) things in finance can be analyzed statistically. Anywhere you see a graph with a possible prediction, they're using statistical methods to arrange the data and make predictions for the future with the current data.

The biggest and best example of this is the stock market, where you can see statistical representations of a company's value. Things like the stock price can be seen fluctuating over time. Combining various amounts of data from a company, like how many assets, employees, and territory they have, you can get a bird's eye-view representation of the company.
>>
>>1938402
Statistics followed closely by arithmetic. Most of the heavy lifting (ie, non monkey or social circle work) comes from statistics.
>>
>>1938402
Statistics and calculus friend. Its what the whole system is built on. Every system in economics can be modelled using the principles of calculus and can be tested with applied statistical theory.

you really do need to know both to understand how the shit works.
>>
>>1938402
CALCULUS
A
L
C
U
L
U
S
>>
>>1938483
>>1938402
Going to just add, statistics alone won't do much. Everything is high-dimension today so you'll need to learn computing shit as well like R, Matlab, Python or whatever.
>>
>>1938491
thats a good point anon, now a days you only really need to understand the concepts of statistics enough to be able to effectively use the tools (no longer do you need the long laborious math). skills with R and Matlab will take you a long way in the real world.
>>
>>1938402
multivariable buy-the-dip
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.