[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hiring freelance web dev

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1489362097144.jpg (170KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1489362097144.jpg
170KB, 1024x1024px
Hi /biz/

I'm looking to hire a freelance web developer to make a few changes to my site. How does this normally work?

As in do I send him a zip of my entire site and he edits the files, or do I give him SFTP access, or what?

Or if anyone can help me work it out on here I'll send you some ETH
>>
THICC
>>
>>1937775
SFTP/MySQL and your CMS login if you use one. If you're doing more than just simple website stuff than he might ask for your domain registrar to edit the nameserver records.

post an email if you're actually willing to pay (I will take your ETH and sell it for BTC)
>>
Freelance Web Dev here. What do you need?
>>
Also freelance dev here. How much ETH you talking? What is the software stack of the site?
>>
>>1937869
>>1937834
>>1937828
I actually sorted the problem out myself this morning but might be willing to pay someone who can speed up my site (presumably quite simple stuff like moving scripts to the bottom, etc.)

Email [email protected] if interested. I'll send you a link to my site and we can discuss
>>
>>1937828
>SFTP/MySQL and your CMS login if you use one
What's to stop someone just fucking me over, changing passwords, stealing money etc. or just generally fucking my shit up if I give them this info?
>>1937869
>What is the software stack of the site?
Wordpress? + woocommerce
>>
>>1937775
Shitcoin faggot go away sage
>>
>>1938263
>What's to stop someone just fucking me over, changing passwords, stealing money etc. or just generally fucking my shit up if I give them this info?
Nothing, make sure to have a backup. If it's just SFTP you can't change the password from there, but if it works for your control panel/SSH then you're pretty fucked.

The more complicated and expensive method would be to give the webdev a sanitized test DB and a copy of the files to work on, then deliver the code to you for upload.
>>
>>1937775

I would go local. Just google web devs in your area.

The thing is many web developers are VERY flaky. Like letting your site go dead and losing your files flaky. But if you have a local guy you have someone you can see in person.

If you just have some random you met online there is more risk.

That being said I did have a guy in Poland for a bit that did some good webdev work for me. His rate was like $20/hr
>>
usually you make a backup and give the guy a login, or do a bitbucket private repo

t. corp web dev who came from freelance.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.