[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to be rich, but I feel like I'm not smart or insightful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 3b840a6.jpg (69KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
3b840a6.jpg
69KB, 600x400px
I want to be rich, but I feel like I'm not smart or insightful enough to get rich. Rich people always say there is so much money to be made everywhere and it's so easy to do it, but I feel like a retard when I just can clearly see how to possibly do this. Currently a white collar wage-slave and I feel stuck. What are some books or advice that biz can give to help me break out of my mindset of learned helplessness?
>>
Being rich isn't all it's cracked up to be. I would suggest you try to find happiness in other areas of your life, maybe finding a girl and settling down.
>>
>>1937157
>maybe finding a girl and settling down.
Gotta have money for that, anon.
>>
>>1937157
>maybe finding a girl and settling down
Ahhh, the ultimate age-old meme...
>>
>>1937147
>Rich people always say there is so much money to be made everywhere and it's so easy to do it, but I feel like a retard when I just can clearly see how to possibly do this.
Usually what we see are tons of people making money that you could take.

Hey, your town probably doesn't need another fucking pizza joint- you got 20 of them. But the fact is if you start one and it's good you could still make millions. Same with any business really. As long as it's not banking or driving cabs or something where the number is limited by law, every profitable business in existence is potentially an opportunity for you to make money. And that's a lot of businesses and a lot of money.

So while you're flopping around trying to come up with a NEW idea or a BETTER idea, rich people are thinking of ways to elbow in on existing businesses.

and that's one big reason they're rich.
>>
>>1937157
>Being rich isn't all it's cracked up to be
said no one with wealth, ever, in the history of mankind.
>>
>>1937325
rich people steal. Shit few of them have ideas.
>>
>>1937370
it's not theft because it's not against the law.

If your stupid family spent the last five generations building up a jewelry shop and I move in next door and start a competing jewelry shop just to get you to either sell out or buy me out,

that's not theft. It's free market competition and there's nothing wrong with it. We all knew the rules when we started into business.
>>
>>1937147
>What are some books or advice that biz can give to help me break out of my mindset of learned helplessness

"Choose Yourself" by James Altucher
"How to be Fucking Awesome" by Dan Meredith
"Psycho Cybernetics" by Maxwell Maltz

Take only one, the second book is probably no a must read but you decide. After this read "Think and Grow Rich" and learn skills to start to build things. All is action.
>>
>>1937353

Maybe Buddha
>>
>>1937167
Looks like mr autismo here will never get a girl. What a surprise
>>
>>1937147
>What are some books or advice that biz can give to help me break out of my mindset of learned helplessness?

It's kind of a meme but reading Atlas shrugged kicked me out the victim mindset.
>>
>>1937325
>So while you're flopping around trying to come up with a NEW idea or a BETTER idea, rich people are thinking of ways to elbow in on existing businesses.

This was a paradigm shifter for me anon. Thanks.
>>
>>1937147
dont listen to the poorfag faggots here, just start a company. doesn't matter what. some cleaning service or landscaping or whatever. what you need to learn is how easy it is to be an actor on the market and starting a company.
after that you'll know what rich people mean: there's opportunity everywhere. every little thing you or anyone else ever complains about can be a opportunity.
then just learn to be successful. it's not even hard, you just need to know what to do. and you learn by doing, just like riding a bike.

you don't need to be smart of have any extraordinary idea. all you need is to do.
>>
>>1938859
maybe I should mentioned that learning to ride a bike involves a lot of falling. so, keep that in mind.
>>
>>1937167
>>1937353

Finding a girl and settling down isn't all it's cracked up to be either.
>>
>>1938845
>This was a paradigm shifter for me anon. Thanks
You're welcome.

We not only create opportunities this way, but we're almost guaranteed success as well. We ask, does the market exist for our product? Sure, the store down the street is selling it. Is that market profitable? Absolutely, the store down the street is making money off it right now.

So then it's just a question of how you'll attract customers away from targeted competitors, and what your endgames are.

Don't look for niches that aren't occupied, or areas of the market that appear underserved. There's usually a reason nobody is serving that sector. The real money is in things that have already worked. Things that are working right now.
>>
>>1937147
Maybe you just came back to reality, Op.

Read some fluffy entrepreneur bullshit book with no real advice and get fired up about starting a business. Millionaire Fastlane was fun and stuck with me for days. I started huffing paint it works too for midweek highs
>>
>>1937325
>So while you're flopping around trying to come up with a NEW idea or a BETTER idea, rich people are thinking of ways to elbow in on existing businesses.

I'm trying to think of an idea where instead of elbowing in on existing businesses, I could add value to existing businesses using something I already know how to do. Problem is I have no idea what these businesses might be lacking. How do you find that stuff out, just talking to people you happen to meet?
>>
>>1939231
>Problem is I have no idea what these businesses might be lacking.
We aren't lacking anything.

If we need a thing I can guaranfuckingtee you there's a business out there providing it. So you look into what services or products businesses need. Then you see who is currently providing those products and services.

then you see if you can elbow in on their business. Protip: If you're not an idiot you can.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.