[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Must get better at selling! Wat Do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

i'm a freelancer, I want to get people to pay for my services.

What books do you recommend and why?
But beyond books, what's the best way to actually learn how to sell and improve?

I'm particularly interested in how you "read customers" I recently read a book which suggested you should classify which of 4 personality types someone is (DISC) and then tailor your approach to that, I don't know if that's genius or a bullshit paradigm made to give suckers like me hope.

This is your chance to show off how genius you are compared to all the wagecuck normies
>>
>>1935062
What do you offer? For which type of customer?
>>
File: ethking.jpg (140KB, 1200x565px) Image search: [Google]
ethking.jpg
140KB, 1200x565px
>>1935062
be like Vitalik
>>
>>1935069
>What do you offer? For which type of customer?
Do you want the technical and boring legit answer or the sales answer?

>>1935087
Fuck if I'd be seen with a t-shirt like that
>>
>>1935095
You can give me both if you want
>>
>>1935105
"I help people and organizations communicate their stories and values to the world"
>I make videos
>>
>>1935119
I could write quite a lot but I make it short.

If you have a closing rate around 35-60%, you're good.

Always have enough leads in your funnel. The more the better.

Have you thought about selling to ad agencies? Or doing a partnership with them. Advantage: You only have to sell once and you get access to better gigs
>>
>>1935062
Here's your solution: Don't sell to people.
I've been fulltime freelancing since 2012. First off, you have to have more skills than low end graphic design. Have Graphic Design + Web Development + Internet Marketing. This combo makes you incredibly valuable to small to mid-size businesses. Do not code websites from scratch btw, use sexy templates/frameworks and tweak.

Make business cards and go network at events that have just about nothing to do with your field. Go to chamber meetings. Go to government meetings, women in business meetups, startup meetups etc. You'd be surprised how fucking retarded business owners are when it comes to computer related things. They usually just want to get their website done and go on with their lives and they're more likely to throw money at you. The demand is there because they know if they don't have a legit website, they will not be taken seriously.

You don't have to sell anything, just say what you do and start asking open ended "visionary" questions (i.e. What do you imagine your site to be like? What ideas d you have for your logo/branding?) , be really into what they're saying and excited, then give your business card. Become their friend, do not sell. Get their contact email, visit their current website, and give them a critique on their website. Should take less than 5 minutes to write up a critique for them. They will be awestruck usually.

If someone is serious, make sure to take half payment up front. Be firm that you also charge for excessive revisions beyond a mockup design. Write an invoice and send it. Don't even fuck around with flakes, not worth your time. Do not deal with churches and non for profits unless you're ready to deal with cheapness beyond jewish comprehension. They will do everything in their power to get you to do shit for free. Don't fall for this.

TLDR: Don't sell, get the potential client's mind churning with ideas to get them excited, then email them a critique on their site.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.