[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/, I just got hired to supervise a group of like 20-25

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: I-Have-No-Idea-What-Im-Doing-30.jpg (38KB, 500x454px) Image search: [Google]
I-Have-No-Idea-What-Im-Doing-30.jpg
38KB, 500x454px
Hey /biz/, I just got hired to supervise a group of like 20-25 ppl and I have zero supervisor experience. Can you guys recommend me a book, or give me any tips? I'm going from 16/hr to 60k salary so I really don't want to fuck this up.

Idk if this is the proper board for this question, and apologies if so.
>>
>>1934068
just smile and tell people they are doing a good job and not be afraid to ask questions. Preferrably to email you cause thats the best way for you to respond. repeat x100
>>
>>1934068
drink 3 5hr energy before meeting

don't forget to bring God intot he meeting, its very helpful to hear of His way

next, try nt to forget who you are... you are just boy, and can fall easily just as everyone. take time to show that you are not only boy but also a man and can control situation
>>
Go get a shit job making minimum wage, save every dime from that till I have a few thousand, pay for an online certification program in medical transcription.

Get certification within a year and start making $30k/year from home, daytrade memecoins simultaneously(spend bulk of time on transcription, just set limit orders). If you're shit at daytrading omit the memecoin part. That'd move you from being in a JUST situation to a lower income class situation inside of a year. If you were willing to move you could live off $30k/year fairly easily on your own in more rural areas and maybe get a wife who's working as well and do the whole family thing.
>>
>>1934070

Thanks anon, sound advice.

>>1934074
>(you)

>>1934081
Think you're in the wrong thread buddy.
>>
>>1934084
>Think you're in the wrong thread buddy.
Yeah, meant to post this in the thread with the guy who's a NEET and only has $100 to his name. Sorry about that.
>>
>>1934081
ops pic related
>>
>>1934068
Good luck. I was thrust into a similar position once with a shitty company. We hired a bunch of retards who never even figured out what time they were supposed to come in even though the schedule was widely available.

I got all the flak for every screw up they made. Had to fire one guy for coming in drunk twice. Only had a core of 2-3 people who could actually work well and that I could trust. The challenge is to identify in what capacities different individuals could serve. Some are just idiots so you put them on the simple tasks, but you still have to watch over their shoulder to make sure they don't screw up, which they will.

My experience ended up being a total shit show and I was fired for it thank God.
>>
>>1934068
If shit gets fucked, remember to always focus on fixing it before you let the shit start flying.

Encourage the people below you to approach you when they need help. Guide them, don't do their work or they will just be back again.

If you deal with a high email volume get your outlook game on fucking point.

Know your internal processes as much as you can, and be sure to at least know who can answer questions about something if you don't know.

Drink a ton of fucking caffeine.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.