[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why couldn't the Japanese stock market ever recover?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 43574307435.png (278KB, 4672x1800px) Image search: [Google]
43574307435.png
278KB, 4672x1800px
Is this the eventual fate of the American stock market aswell?
>>
>>1931910
>Why couldn't the Japanese stock market ever recover?
M&As got too expensive, because the market was growing that fast, acquisition -- usually overseas, became the only way they could keep up growth. Also they didn't encourage women to go into the workforce. Their Xenophobia also meant they didn't have access to cheap labour or new ideas (look at Honda's recent abysmal F1 power-unit efforts for an example of why diversity is a good thing in small doses)

Also too much is made of equities markets as an indicator of Japanese growth, I remember seeing a photo of Tokyo in 1990 to 2005 and the caption was like "where did all these buildings come from? it means capital"

>Is this the eventual fate of the American stock market aswell?
Not any time soon, the US still has a very young population, many immigrants, and simply a larger landmass.

However one day, probably, all good things come to an end.
>>
Recover to a bubble or what do you mean?
>>
>>1931938
"Lost decade"
>>
>>1931937
>muh immigration increases economic growth
>muh women in the work force

This is what leftists actually believe
>>
>>1931951
>i just need to add 'muh' and accuse someone of being a commie and I'm right without creating a cogent argument
This is what retards actually believe
>>
>>1931973
What's the actual argument for why having women in the work force is beneficial?
>>
>>1931910
They don't have natural resources to sell.
>>
>>1931910
If you read up on those times, like from Peter Lynch, you'll find out that most of those numbers where bullshit. It was a bubble that had to burst

The next one will be China
>>
>>1932025
nah the US or an european shithole is gonna default on his debt first
>>
>>1931983
Potentially skilled worker not staying home and spending a man's money.
>>
>>1931910

Because "recovering" would be like doing the same unrealistic bubble again, where companies without real income would be worth like 2000 times what they really are.
>>
>>1931983
Women earning money means more consumption,and less dependents relying the male working population's income, giving those men more disposable income. It also means that employers have access to a larger labor pool, which makes the economy in general more competitive.
>>
>>1931910
Japanese companies in the early 80s over leveraged themselves borrowing massive amounts of money. When the bubble burst towards the end of the 80s many companies went bankrupt leaving really just the major companies(toyota, Mitsubishi, sony, etc). Because of this many Japanese companies have implemented very little debt even though interest rates are extremely low. Japan also has a aging population with very little young people.
>>
>>1932150
Seeing as most of that deny of bonds in Boomers' bank accounts, I wouldn't even be mad
>>
>>1932195
But personal debt has increased dramatically since the 70's
>>
The Japanese population is shrinking. If you have some secret technology that grows an advanced economy with a shrinking population, I'd like to see it. Just think about it, each person has to both increase their productivity and workload to compensate for the loss of workforce. That's no easy task. The US has no such problems with a steady growth of supply of labor.
>>
>>1932406
>he fell for the infinite growth meme
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.