[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/amg/ Affiliate Marketing General - Rapid Growth Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: sponge-ineed.jpg (35KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
sponge-ineed.jpg
35KB, 480x360px
Anyone here doing affiliate marketing seriously?

I'm specifically interested in paid traffic but this thread is open to everyone running affiliate offers including paid/SEO/SEM. I'm on STM and just setup my first offer on PopAds running a couple ideas from ClickDealer/Glize/Expertmobi. Really excited to dive in!

I'll admit you need money to even remotely get into the paid side of things. But it seems like an incredible industry with amazingly helpful people. Anyone here willing to discuss it please chime in!
>>
File: humblesalesmanoneday.jpg (73KB, 996x332px) Image search: [Google]
humblesalesmanoneday.jpg
73KB, 996x332px
Just for some perspective this is what a top affiliate on plebbit showcased from one of his top sites.

This is $1,200 dollars in ONE DAY from Amazon affiliate earnings

The guys in paid traffic do a whole lot more
>>
Bump for curiosity, planning to start an online business of sorts and so while I won't be doing affiliate marketing in itself, a lot of the techniques of making funnels, landing pages, and writing copy are all very relevant to me...
>>
How tf does someone get into affiliate marketing? Total newfag here. Does it involve having a personal product being advertised and having the affiliate on top of that or do you cater to people who have personal products and just adding the ability to be an affiliate to that?
>>
>>1931309
Affiliate Marketing basically means you get a commission on every sale made as a direct result of the advertising you've put on the web.

What you need to do is join a network, pick one or more products to shill, and spread that specific tracker-ID link anyway you can.

That's where it gets tricky, some people create Facebook campaigns, buy google ads, create websites "reviewing" the products they are linking to... any way they can to generate traffic.

It's more or less outsourcing advertising
>>
>>1931496
Those fake review sites are outlawed in Germany. You have to pay a hefty sum or even go to jail if you create them.

I wanted to start a smart home affiliate site, but after checking the current laws it just isn't feasible.
>>
>>1931768
I run an affiliate site without doing any fake reviews. I create content revolving around a specific problem. I try to answer any questions a visitor may have about the topic. The click-through to Amazon isn't as good a product-focused pages, but I do alright. Plus, I feel better about actually providing value. All my content is thoroughly researched from peer-reviewed journal articles, and I cite everything. Also, I have no fear of Google penalties. My site is set up for long-term success.
>>
>>1931768
Good to know.

>>1931771
So does that mean you intend on offering/linking to different products in the future, depending on which way the wind blows?

I'm thinking of doing something similar.
Lay the wisdom on me anon!
>>
>>1931797
No, the problem I selected revolves around both information and product solutions. Link to the products is naturally associated with my niche.
>>
>>1931797
Here's an example niche: dry skin

Can research journals of dermatology and related fields. Can link to Amazon products like moisturizing lotions or humidifiers.
>>
>>1931810
Ah yeah I see your thinking!
But the main point is that you're providing genuinely informative content that has a "value" for the customer itself, right?

But the bonus is rather than just plugging one single affiliate offer - and doing so aggressive, you can get potential commissions on a range of products?
>>
>>1931813
*rather than aggressively plugging one affiliate offer

I should have made it clear
>>
>>1931813
Right. A lot of information on the web is pure bullshit. People make stuff up to sell products, so the information is unfounded and usually false. Then other marketers just copy and paste the myths and reword them onto their own sites.

By providing actually well-researched and cited information, your website's visitors will like your site. And Google will like your site. Easy to rank well with good content, and with visitors that stick around.
>>
>>1931815
Right. The product isn't the main focus. Helping the visitor by answering their query is the main focus.
>>
>>1931822
But if the query is "what's the best dishwasher under $200" then helping the visitor is all about the product.

So it depends what sort of queries you're writing for.
>>
>>1931911
99% of that content is made up bullshit. The people writing the reviews don't even touch the products. They just reword the product description and add fluff.
>>
>>1931920
Even the largest affiliate sites do not have enough money/time to "buy" every single dishwasher under $200 and review them.

Yes maybe a couple sites like Sweethome actually do this. But it's rare.

BestReviews, BestProducts, TrustedReviews, none of these sites will buy every product to review. And many of them are big names--BestProducts is owned by Hearst Media(Good Housekeeping, Cosmo, etc)

Bottom line is you simply aren't going to find many media companies willing to offer a truly hands-on review for the "best XXX" keywords. Until an amazing site does bother to buy dozens of products and review them individually those keywords will always be up for grabs.

Everyone plays the game differently. Call it bullshit or garbage or fake or whatever, they convert and work. And major media companies are getting in on the game.
>>
Would it be profitable if i paid $5 per opportunity of one or more sale/lead/ that the company i am an affiliate for receives? Would I be able to make profit? I mean, how much of each would I need to get to even break even?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.