[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Investment Starting Point

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: hot girl.jpg (48KB, 760x507px) Image search: [Google]
hot girl.jpg
48KB, 760x507px
23 year old american wagie/student here. I sit at my shit sales job 10 hours a day when im not at school, and I'd like to put my time to better use than shitposting and watching clickbait on youtube. I have 6,000$ saved right now, and make 600$ on each paycheck every other week.

So the entire point of this thread is; I want to get involved in stock trading, just learning the basics, how to understand the markets, terminology and trends. Could you guys recommend me some basic sources to get me educated and started? Anything however minor would be greatly appreciated.
>>
investopedia.com
>>
>hot girl.jpg
>girl
>>
File: ioc_infographic_final_2016-1.jpg (648KB, 1100x3804px) Image search: [Google]
ioc_infographic_final_2016-1.jpg
648KB, 1100x3804px
http://www.iodigital.io/dions/

More tech than ETH and already proof-of-stake (ETH is switching.)
>>
File: 1489177337628.jpg (7KB, 250x247px) Image search: [Google]
1489177337628.jpg
7KB, 250x247px
>>1930188
We're talking about fake girls not fake money.
>>
>>1930171
Some great articles on here, ill be reading through it. Any other recommendations that you found helpful as a beginner?
>>
>>1930208
My advice is just buy diversified ETFs and hold them until you retire. The stock market is a cruel mistress.
>>
>>1930216
What has your experience been?
>>
>>1930169

If you have just a bit more starting capital, with leverage you could replace your job with trading, but it'll require a bit of experience and practice, so you should start paper trading and reading now, as you save up some more.
>>
>>1930241
Yup... thats sort of what i said in OP. got any sources to learn from?
>>
>>1930283
If you want to start paper trading, you can sign up for Think or Swim with TD Ameritrade. You don't have to deposit any money, and you can practice with their platform. But you said you were looking into stock trading, which I don't touch too heavily on, personally. I only use it as a way to gain some slow and steady benefits on the side, so it wouldn't be in the way that you are looking for. Like previously said, investopedia is a good start. This article in particular will give you a foundation:

http://www.investopedia.com/university/stocks/

After a while, you just need to start practicing because all these indicators and signal become too much, and you'll come to realize that you only need a few signals to be able to confirm you speculations rather than a hundred different models.

>>1930172 Is the current RobinHood thread. RobinHood is a broker with no commissions, so it is a good way for a small account to trade without worrying that their profits are getting eaten up by fees. Make sure you are wary of the stocks people push in that thread. Some of them do explode upwards, but often they explode in your face.

Also, with anything under $25,000 you won't be able to day trade much (only 3 times per 5 rolling business days), so you'll mostly be doing swing trading. So understand that technique in trading as that will be most of your trades.
>>
>>1930320
thanks
>>
>>1930178
it has balls and a cock tho
>>
>>1930693
Yes, that's what the >girl remark was for
>>
Read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Intelligent_Investor
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.