[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Online Colleges

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1466770931542.jpg (124KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1466770931542.jpg
124KB, 960x1280px
What's your take on a 17 month course? Gonna cost around 50k for an associates degree in Marketing.

Two courses a month one GE and one Marketing.
Thoughts? Anyone with experience recommend something else?
>>
>>1930127
What are you gearing your marketing knowledge towards?
>>
>>1930127
Dont fucking do it.

An AA is not worth 50k at all.
>>
>>1930131
Digital Marketing

What Do Digital Marketers Do?

Promoteproducts or brands via electronic media Monitorwebsite statistics such as what is being viewed, how often and for how long, sales conversions, what content works and doesn't work, and all other information regarding brand building and upkeep. Utilizethe internet, text messaging, mobile apps, and a variety of online media channels. Createlanding pages, ads, websites, and social media campaigns

link: https://fremont.edu/programs/college-of-marketing/digital-marketing/

>>1930150
18K for the 'Certificate' I gotta get first 7 months. I didn't get the price it costs for the associates. What's the normal cost? What do u recommend?
>>
>>1930127
Couldn't you do an associates at a community college for a fraction of that?
>>
>>1930170
You can go to community colleges and take basically the same shit for almost free.

Had a dumb ass friend go to the now closed ITT tech. Left with 60k in debt and a worthless piece of paper.

While at a CC get an internship at a place where you wanna end up.
>>
OP I will tell you can get a job as an actuary making 3x what you'd make in those jobs, even from the very start, and after many years more than doctors make, for less than $1000 in study materials and easily less than a year of study time.

Listen to my words. If you spend 50k on an online marketing degree, you are throwing away 50k.
>>
>>1930127
>Look up top 5 marketing schools in the nation
>Look at their curriculums
>Find the best free online courses
corresponding to the core classes in those programs
>Do the material too
>Pirate textbooks on the most important topics in the field
>Slim through them and use them as references later on (since you skimmed them you'll know where to look)

Congratulations you learned more about marketing than a 4 year degree teaches in a few months, for free.

Currently learning doing a Computer Science curriculum myself. I'm already programming better than half the CS kids on campus (top 20 program), and I've only been doing this for 3 months on Fridays-Sundays.
>>
>>1930127
50k are you fucking joking? A more realistic cost would be 5k
>>
>>1930218

How do you get internships at a CC?
>>
>>1930127
>50k for an associate's degree
>online college
>marketing
jesus fucking christ, you can't be serious. Are you really asking for advice on this?

Go to a community college and take online courses through them, then transfer to a university and get your bachelor's degree. 2 years at CC + 2 years at university = roughly 30k. Don't go to private colleges or get any kind of 'online' degree.

Associate's degrees don't really offer much of a difference in income anyway, unless you do something related to health. What job are you aiming for?
>>
>>1930218
basically this. LISTEN TO THIS YOU FUCKING IDIOT OP,FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.mark my words you will regret this. I'm a part cashier at walmart while attending CC for comp eng, I have a co-worker that did a bullshit 3 year police shit to wind up 69K in debt. Just go to CC for free nigga.
>>
>>1930226
Which
>>
>>1930791
Yeah I'm here asking for advice.

Thanks guys, appreciate the help.
>>
>>1930982
soa.org
Read.

Just buy the ACTEX books for Exam P and Exam FM, teach yourself and have at it. Google this. When you know the stuff in the books, go take the tests, then apply for a job and boom you're an actuary with a nice starting salary.
>>
Straighterline is the future if your school allows it to transfer okay
>>
>>1930127
In Nebraska you can go to a local community college and get an Associates degree in 18 months for around 6k.
>>
>>1931010
If you think you can get an actuarial certification (ASA) in a year you either don't know much about it or you're a genius. It's a great career, don't get me wrong. But OP wants to go into some kind of vague "marketing" field, I don't see how suggesting something that requires a math degree as prerequisite and years of self-study is helpful to him.
>>
> wants to enroll in online college
> not trump university
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.