[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw fell for the Shopify + Oberlo Dropshipping meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 1446375648303.png (463KB, 1070x601px) Image search: [Google]
1446375648303.png
463KB, 1070x601px
>tfw fell for the Shopify + Oberlo Dropshipping meme
>>
>>1929625
>dropshipping
lmao
>>
File: 1440587145333.png (130KB, 394x360px) Image search: [Google]
1440587145333.png
130KB, 394x360px
>>1929625
>mfw I realize this a week in
>>
>>1929625
>>1929625
Wait I have a question. If I try the dropshipping thing, do I stand to lose money? Or is it just a waste of time with not much or very little money gained?
>>
Would have been better off just buying shopifiy stock.
>>
>>1930306
waste of time and you stand to lose money. You don't have to pay for the products but you do have to pay for the "premium" services.

Mind that you won't lose much money but goddamit 200 bucks could have gone to better use.
>>
>>1930342
Yeah $200 doesn't sound worth it.
>>
>>1929625
What are you selling? I'm making 1-3k a month selling shit I find on /csg/
>>
>>1929625
Same, worth a go though for the low investment of time and money.

You can still make a profitable online store (using shopify) but don't bother with dropshipping. Create a unique store/product that actually adds value like: >>1930383
>>
File: dennisreynolds.gif (2MB, 237x304px) Image search: [Google]
dennisreynolds.gif
2MB, 237x304px
>>1929625
If you treated a business like you trade shitcoins, you failed for a reason. Dropshitting isn't a get rich scam. It's an actual business you have to advertise. I've spent $300 in ads this past week. I'm actually pulling several hundreds per day of profit.
>>
>>1930577
What's your website?
>>
>>1930577
How many units did you shift?
Where do you advertise... actually more importantly: how do you work out where to advertise?
>>
It takes much more than re listing things you find on Aliexpress anaon...you have to add value to your product.

Sure, its a light up case/whatever, but do you have a catchy name for it? price? any deals?
>>
>>1929625
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ti-laBUbfmIfyBifCHz5PwTDdJjeGtH_w18OdFhHE1M/pub

if you followed this guide you would have made more money.
>>
>>1929625
Dropshippers are literally drug-dealer-tier retards who are just too socially inadequate to sell drugs so instead they rip off old people on facebook with misleading ads
>>
>>1930383
>>1930577
Why do the people who make these claims never post proof or even link to their websites.

Begone shills.

>>1931032
You're not really ripping people off. You're selling products at a markup and providing them with a refund option that they might not get with the chinks.

Drug dealing is much dumber since you run the risk of getting your asshole stretched in prison.
>>
>>1931777
nice trips but why the fuck would people post link to successful stores, then have their idea stolen 20+ times.
>>
>>1931841
Even if you're afraid that someone might rip off your store or steal your niche or whatever, at least post your dashboard so we can see your monthly sales.

Maybe drop some tips about how to get traffic and sales rather than just "lol it works for me"

I dunno man. I'm just bummed out that I invested a couple hundred bucks and have only made 1 sale...
>>
>>1931024
Hahahahaha nice affiliate links
>>
>>1931864
because they're fucking lying. dropshipping is for stay at home moms.
>>
I'm convinced drop shipping is a meme

To be profitable you need an established customer base, which requires you spend money to advertise

Plus it is extremely easy to get CHINKED by your suppliers
>>
File: dashboard.png (16KB, 371x467px) Image search: [Google]
dashboard.png
16KB, 371x467px
>>1931864
March was a very shitty month for me. I ran 0 ads and used only SEO and shilling/affiliate marketing to get sales.

To get traffic, you can learn about seo, shill on reddit, make an affiliate program and have people shill for you or just drop $$$$ into ads.

I know the inital investment hurts, but if you stick to it, I shit you not you can make money.

https://discord.gg/aWxCKqa come join the discord, they help.
>>
>>1931032
true

>>1931890
not true
>>
>>1932031
>To be profitable you need an established customer base, which requires you spend money to advertise
not true

>Plus it is extremely easy to get CHINKED by your suppliers
true
>>
>>1932616
OK how do you become profitable without advertising buddy?
>>
>>1932606
That's encouraging.

I will join the discord. Thanks anon.
>>
>>1932632
second this
>>
>>1932632
>>1933708
I imagine he means that you build a website/blog and acquire a decent following before you start to sell shit to them.

The problem there is "how do you get traffic to your website/blog in the first place?"

SEO and shilling on forums is also free.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.