[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: hqdefault.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>26
>no college education
>worked shitty retail jobs
>live in small town with little opportunities in FL
>trying to join military for static income
>over 3 months through the process and still need a suitability review

I need a backup plan but I have no clue what to do. Any thoughts? School or a small business I could start somehow?
>>
>>1928559

Stop being poor. More than likely you were raised poor and will never break the thought cycle of a poor person. Doesn't matter if you join the military or go to school or start a business the poor will be poor until they change what they believe. If you don't change what you believe your actions will remain the same and you will live in eternal poverty.
>>
>>1928568
>the poor will be poor until they change what they believe

What the fuck is that supposed to mean? Try to elaborate more.
>>
Buy MiloCoin
>>
>>1928568
Maybe tell him what to change exactly or point him in the right direction? What do you think are the biggest differences in belief?
>>
>>1928559
buy the dip
>>
Go to community college and get some sort of certification to get a well paying job / experience.
>>
>>1928588
It means you buy shit you don't need, and is beyond your means. And the shit you buy are depreciating liabilities that you think are assets. You spend on luxuries, when you should be using that money to invest.

Poor people don't get that when you spend money, you are hurting yourself 2 fold. You're decreasing your current wealth, and your decreasing your future wealth by limiting the amount of cash you can invest.

You should be working as much as humanly possible. Both at a normie job, and a side gig that you can do on your own (e.g. trading, side business, continuing your education). You have to increase your earning potential, yes, but you also need to decrease spending on liabilities and luxuries.

Figure out the minimum for what you need to live on, and anything else is a luxury. All other money goes to investments of some sort.

By the way, he called you poor not because you don't have a job, but because you can't think of another way to make money outside of the military.
>>
>>1929060

You hit some good points but those are mainly situational problems that everyone deals with from time to time. There's nothing wrong with spending money in and of itself. There's nothing wrong with having nice things. I'm not saying being a bad financial steward is okay, but you need to know where your money comes from.

True investing is a part of finances but you can't put all your faith in the market. The market is just a tool, like money, that you use. What I'm saying is the power to generate wealth lies with the individual and is completely reliant upon your thought process. If you are poor on the inside you will be poor on the outside. Take away a billionaires fortune and he will get it back in five years. A poor person wins 250 million in the lottery and blows it all in 2 years.
>>
>>1928559
i'm in my states national guard. the charts you see online are all pre-tax. So substract about 60 dollars a month for taxes from the rates they show online. If you don't have college credit you will be a shithead private with literally 17-18 year olds. You will get smoked and made fun of, having some of those people boss you around. I highly suggest you just take courses at a community college and supplement that with real life experience. You're at the age where you need to work, work, work, work, work, work.
>>
>>1929171
This guy is right. You're gonna have 20 year olds out ranking you and commanding you, "Yes Sir!", to someone that can't even grow a beard.

On the flip side, if you're willing to admit you fucked up and are motivated to make a change still join and just save all that money. Think, you're gonna change your whole lifestyle and for a few months wont be spending money in basic so your breaking all your bad habits.

Read some money books from finance stars and you can grow that money into whatever you like by the time you get out.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.