[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to get rich in architecture?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (81KB, 532x800px)
download.jpg
81KB, 532x800px
Do you eventually just take better and better commissions the more buildings you design, or are just random ones are luckily selected?
>>
>>1926695
From my understanding,
once you get your degree (preferably M. Arch) and all the necessary credentials,
if you get a job at a firm you'll be paid good money on a salary basis.

But if you're looking for even bigger bucks (which I assume we all are)
that's where being self-employed or opening your own firm would be the plan.
A great deal of attention should also be paid to the industry you're trying to architect for.
And like anything, it's a brutal game and unforgiving if your ideas are trash.
I'm planning to go in like the top carnivore but a constant student of the discipline.

Definitely considering this profession as well. Outside of entrepreneurship it's been one of the only interests that's remained steady for me in the past years.
I have been out of High School for like 5 years now and didn't pull the trigger on college because I could see everyone graduating around me blindly following a path.
I got a job at an Apple Store instead and that's over and done with. I wanna go to Arch school but the only concern is those bullshit student loans.

Are you already in school? Or just considering Arch?
>>
bump because awaiting a response from OP and seeing if anyone can chime in on this topic. I want to discuss this more but I rarely see an architecture thread on 4chan any board.
>>
>>1926883

>that's where being self-employed or opening your own firm would be the plan.
>A great deal of attention should also be paid to the industry you're trying to architect for.
Not in Architecture but this sounds right

You need to specialize in a particular niche or build your own brand and aim for prestige buildings through building "iconic" looking stuff. Of course every fucker is going to try and do the latter because of ego, specialization while not as glamorous, who knows you might be planning abattoirs or something, is where I reckon the money would be
>>
>>1927748
That's an interesting point. A lot of reading I have been doing revolves around the future of architecture.
Not in a hokey "sci-fi sense" but as in what will be required of architecture going forward. Gotta dip rn or else I'd elaborate further. I'm really interested to purse this.
>>
>Australian Architectural Draftsman here.
>Got my qualification from a trade school.
>Work designing houses for rich retired boomers and developers. >Make alright money
>Found out the boss charges $100 and hour for my work and pays me a quarter of that
>Studying business to run my own

Tldr you dont need a masters to get your foot in the door
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.