[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do if you have mad skills but lazy as shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1471976744998.gif (420KB, 616x338px) Image search: [Google]
1471976744998.gif
420KB, 616x338px
What do if you have mad skills but lazy as shit?
>>
>>1923829
Trick yourself into doing productive shit and never lose your momentum. Also, if you have such mad skills, then
>>
Fail at life
>>
>>1923829
you're just lazy, you don't have mad skills
>>
>>1923837
Somebody doesn't have a very good attention span.
>>
>>1923848
What the fuck are you on about I have a great capacity to keep focus on the Christopher Walken's now classic cameo in Annie Hall which seemed to cement his reputation as a "creepy" character actors despite his years of proficient work in musical theater
>>
>>1923843
Yeah yeah I know, whatever.
Fact is I can develop and maintain full-fledged software projects by myself, I can make websites, fix shit, buildout shit, whatever, doesn't matter. Point is, where there's work there's money. I just have zero motivation and am an apathetic shit, so I'm trying to fix that.
In particular I'm shit at talking to people, I don't want to be mean so I don't say anything, which is probably counter-productive.
My sleep schedule is fucking whack, probably because I have like a million shitty hobbies and the last one of the day is always shitposting. Maybe I should cut that out?
Gimme some advice here xD
>>
>>1923872
>last one of the day is always shitposting. Maybe I should cut that out?
yes, so much this! please stop posting here.
kys faggot
>>
>>1923872
i am the exact same mate. I'm cursed to be as productive as my less capable friends because they have work ethic to work all week and i only muster the discipline to work one day a week. I've given up on self discipline i can't physically do it in mentally weak. maybe adderrall could help i never took them though I'm diagnosed with ADHD. it sucks that the only advice for this is to just do it because I'll never have the motivation to do anything
>>
Buy a Tony Robbins DVD bro
>>
File: 1454127414626.gif (2MB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
1454127414626.gif
2MB, 450x253px
laziness is genetic too. you can overcome only so far, usually only by A MUST. if you dont have to, you wont.

mad skills can still win even without the work ethic, if you're a truly master
>>
>>1923829
Time to grow up faggot.

and this >>1923843
>>
>>1923942
firstly without work ethic you can truly only achieve a fraction of your potential regardless of how good you are (it may be enough to be in the 99th percentile but you could have been a miracle in your field for instance) and secondly where did you get the genetics part? any reputable study? no shitty sociological studies please
>>
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
>>
>>1923951
yes there are studies on olympic athletes and work ethic gentics
>>
>>1923972
we know that. the question is how do we find these qualities
>>
>>1923872
Got your rent and food sorted?

Then get up in the morning. Put those headphones on. Get that music (or white noise) going. Do The One Thing for six hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGYFzAuhaAI
>>
>>1923925
>I can only muster the discipline to work one day a week

Waaah wah faggot
>>
Being talented is overrated nowadays. No one cares how good your basket weaving is.

If you can somehow convince a million people to pay $100 for your organic straw basket to help child molestation victims in Cambodia, THEN it's a success.
>>
>>1923829
What is it with people thinking they're super smart, but its simply laziness holding them back?

It's always people who are a little above average intelligence, yet seem to think they are savants. Reminds me of kids who are always told they're great at drawing, and so they believe they have a true gift, then they go to art school and realise everyone else is good at drawing too, and they are nothing special.

You don't have mad skills, you are just smarter than your retarded group of friends, go find the actual intelligent people in academia and industry and you will realise what a small fish in a big pond you are.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.