[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Econometrics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Stata .png (72KB, 750x531px) Image search: [Google]
Stata .png
72KB, 750x531px
I've been taking economics courses and allowed my friend to talk me into taking this Econ course called Statistics for Business and Economics. The stats are easy for me and I get the content, but the software program we have to use is just incredibly difficult for me for some reason.

Does anyone have any experience with Stata? Is it actually used often? How can I improve in it?
>>
Think its mostly used in academia, and it's simpler to use than R.

Just fuck around with it, and watch a few youtube vids.
>>
>>1917595
We have a problem set due this afternoon and I'm just doing all the stuff in Excel and sending her an email saying my laptop is broken to make sure I get credit for at least understanding the stats and then asking for an extension.

Depending on how long the extension is, I was planning on going to her office hours and saying I've been having difficulty in Stata since she has a reputation for being good at working with students one-on-one.
>>
I have worked with it. I found it to be pretty easy desu. It is usually used for basic econometrics course. Harder econometrics courses usually involves programming in R.
I'd help you if you gave me more info
>>
>>1917672
Sounds like a good plan
>>
>>1917561
I also did not like stata. I also tried R and Mathematica while I still was at uni.

I kinda settled for R and still use it until today. However, mathematica is more powerful when it come to visualization
>>
>>1917561
>Is it actually used often?
Only in academia
Use R instead, it'll be way more viable
>>
>>1917714
Yeah i mean it doesn't strike me as a hard program itself, but I'll meet with the prof to discuss certain commands.

Would you happen to have a throwaway contact i could use if I have difficulties in the program?
>>
>>1917761
Would it be smart to start doing R on my own? This course is a prereq for a lot of higher Econ courses, but the next level stats course isn't. So next semester rather than take the next level of stats analysis I was going to take intermediate macro/micro analysis since those are prereqs for a lot of our higher level Econ courses.
>>
>>1918595
I have started studying R on my own as a programming language. Next year i'll have a lot of econometrics course and most of them uses R. If you want my advice, you should start as well and take as much stat/math/econometrics courses as possible. I'll have the opportunity to take stochastic calculus courses as well, if you can, it is an absolute must
>>
>>1917761
> what is ggplot2
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.