[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Procedure: >Keep all cash in interest bearing checking account

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: glasses.jpg (59KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
glasses.jpg
59KB, 655x527px
Procedure:
>Keep all cash in interest bearing checking account (some banks in the US offer up to 1% APY)
>Use credit card for all day-to-day purchases all month
>Link all monthly recurring bills to a cashback credit card
>Set credit card to autopay full statement balance at the end of the month to avoid paying interest on credit card

Benefits:
>Only need one bank account and a credit card for all spending/saving needs
>One consolidated bill automatically paid at the end of each month
>All bill payments deferred to end of the month
>Earn interest on your bank account cash all month AND...
>Earn cashback via credit card on all purchases & bill payments, enjoy the many fringe benefits of credit cards (price protection, extended warranty coverage, etc)
>Don't have to pay taxes on credit card cashback rewards
>Build credit

Why would I not do this? This feels like cheating. Double dipping at least, in that you're earning both interest AND cashback on every dollar you spend.

What does /biz/ think?
>>
>>1915677
I think you're absolutely right-- CC companies rely on dipshits, of which there are plenty, to sustain their business model.Although the interest is negligible desu.
>>
>>1915706
Right - I have had a credit card for 3 years and never paid even a penny of interest to my CC company, as I make more than enough money in a given month to fully pay it off.

I think in my OP, I've documented a responsible and rewarding way to manage monthly spending and bill payments. As long as your credit card limit is high enough to be able to sustain all your bills and day-to-day spending in a given month.
>>
>>1915731
I've often thought this through, but for some reason have been to gutless to go through with it. But thanks for your OP: if I develop a plan and stick with it, it's a sound idea.
>>
Been doing this for years (Oldfag here with several cards from different issuers). I would add: Slowly obtain different cards for different uses. For example, this month I'm using amex Blue Cash for my groceries (3%), Chase Freedom for gas (5%), and citi double cash for everything else (2%). An app like Wallaby for Android makes it easy to remember which to use and when.
>>
>>1915768
>An app like Wallaby for Android makes it easy to remember which to use and when.
I've just written gas on the one I use for gas with a sharpie.
>>
>>1915770
>>>1915768 (You)
>>An app like Wallaby for Android makes it easy to remember which to use and when.
>I've just written gas on the one I use for gas with a sharpie.
Well, that works, although I was talking about managing rotating categories. Mine will be all different in Q2 starting Saturday.
>>
>>1915677
Thats literally what i do every month.

Based 5% cash back on amazon pays for prime itself, plus delicious 2 day shipping
>>
>>1915770
Made me giggle.
>>
>>1915773
>5% cash back on Amazon
15%-20% off Amazon purchases using bitcoin through purse.io is the only legitimate use I've had for bitcoin so far where another payment option wasn't better for me.
>>
>>1915765
If you have any questions on my setup I'd be happy to answer them. Applying for and using a credit card isn't a big deal if you are responsible with it. I personally use Discover and their customer service is god-tier. You call them up and within 60 seconds are speaking to David in Texas (rather than Pajeet in India) and they are super helpful.

>>1915768
Glad I'm not the only one who does this. I see no downside.

>>1915773
Nice. Yeah, I use a Discover IT card and this quarter was the 5% on Amazon quarter. What card do you use?

>>1915787
Is Purse complicated? Doesn't it delay your purchase? Curious as I've never tried it.
>>
>>1915791
Its not complicated but it does delay your purchase, I never really care about when I'm going to get something though as I mainly use Amazon for entertainment purchases and I'm patient.
>>
If it works, it ain't stupid.
>>
>>1915677
i do this. i also use an amazon store card for 5% cashback and do most of my shopping there.
>>
>>1915824
Nice. Can you redeem the cashback to your checking account or does it just give you store credit?
>>
yeah OP thats basically what I do. i get $7/month from my credit union if I use my debit card a certain number of times (8 i think), so i make sure to run that amount, then the rest is on the credit card. for the first time ever i have interest on it because i bought a house and need a few months to pay it off.
>>
>>1915677
I already do this. It's around $25/Mo cash back on average, nothing to write home about. Although every little bit adds to the bottom line

Protip: Never apply for a credit card with an annual fee
>>
I don't set up autopay
like to review my statement before giving them authorization to withdraw cash just like that
>>
File: th.jpg (45KB, 442x488px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
45KB, 442x488px
>>1915677
buy memecoin
do 2 day short term loans
earn crazy apy through short term 2 day loans
>>
>>1915677
Here's a tip

>Apply for that 18-24 month 0% interest CC that came in the mail
>Do what you do, but only pay the minimum payment for entire 0% interest period
>Pay off CC entirely in the last day of 0% interest
>If you reach a credit limit for 1, apply for another and start again
Free money for life
>>
It's not cheating because it's chump change.
>>
>>1916356
What exchange do you do this with?

>>1916444
Wouldn't this hurt your credit score?
>>
File: IMG_3892.jpg (131KB, 737x652px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3892.jpg
131KB, 737x652px
>>1916482
>He doesn't like free money
>>
>>1916937
If you have to have a good score, pay them off. If you don't, enjoy free loans
>>
>>1916444
Why does this sound like it will work.

Can I use a second cc to pay off the debt of the first one?

What's to stop this from going on forever.
>>
>>1917936
It works, but it fucks your credit score up. Also gets annoying to manage when you have 11 fucking credit cards
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.